This is the real deal. Afghan Naswar Black. Finest Quality Indian SnuffsToque Snuffs

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Please consider helping to support the Snuffhouse forum.

Singleton's Original Super Menthol Sale

What do you ride?

BartBart Member
edited January 2010 in The Pub (Off Topic)

This topic is just begging for some out of context quotes. I know some folks on here have bicycles and some motorcycles, maybe a few have horses, ---I couldn't find this topic yet and thought it may be interesting.

My two 1975 Hondas

Comments

• For my 25 mile commute to work image
  • Claud Butler Urban 200 bicycle to work
  • 1978 Suzuki GS400x, but only if I want to sit on it making "vroom-vroom" noises. Carbs are off, needs fork seals, chain & sprockets, and for me to get off my butt and finish it someday.

Other than that, a Worksman heavy duty bicycle with a Shimano Nexus 3-sp hub and a front drum brake.
  • Bart, I see you are an old Honda fan!

Here are our old Hondas. Mine is the 90, the 110 belongs to The Old Man.

• @ Carol

(drool.....!!)

I love the trail Honda's and enduros of the '70's
  • As mentioned elsewhere I ride a kickbike:

It is a Czech product, but as I am riding about 12-16km a day, I have already changed tyres and brakes. It serves me well and it is a lof of fun just watching expressions of people when passing by on this vehicle.
  • ahhhh what a lovely doggy.
  • i ride a yamaha fz6 fazer, best bike i ever bought.
  • ukicemanukiceman Member
    edited January 2010 PM
    @fazer

i took my old FZS 6 round the Nürburgring in 2007 :) 12min 35secs only did the one lap but, OMG, best fun of my life!

Something similar to what I want to build. From 1965, (Wild) Bill Gelbke and the 90+MPH , 4 cylinder 'Road Dog'
    edited February 2010 PM
    I did all the paint-work, mods, and stickers myself, even did the wheel-rim stickers. Still got my vinyl cutter. Maybe i should start doing snuff stickers, might help with some cash while i'm bankrupt :) i loved this bike, shame it's gone...

• Nice work, UK ice! Very clean

(Did you find the donut sticker got you out of any speeding tickets?)
    edited February 2010 PM
    Actually, a cop did comment on that sticker, so did a lot of people. They always asked why the Dunkin Donuts sticker? I just wanted something different so I cut one. Never got caught for speeding :)
  • I used to have a sticker on my pickup that said "BAD COP! NO DONUT." The few times I ever got pulled over, the cops got a kick out of it...
  • James, I had a sticker that looked just like a D.A.R.E. Sticker: Donut Abuse Resistance Education: D.A.R.E. to keep cops off donuts!
  • Hehehe, I like that too!
  • women, mostly.
  • edited February 2010 PM
    @saucy_jack, wish I could still say that but I'm to old now. My teststerone level is very low at present. The docter prescribed a course of injections yesterday and I had my first punch today. According to him, I will be "riding" again in 3 months time. I will plan my visit to London according to that. My wife is not going along.
  • Had previously owned and ridden a 1970 Norton Commando 750s. That was an absolute beauty. I had to sell a few years back shortly before my daughter was born. WOuld have rather sould a kidney. Looking for another Norton or something similar once finances turn around.
  • Took not one but two bikes out today; a '78 Yamaha XS Eleven and a new Kawasaki Ninja 250. Talk about a study in contrasts but 'twas a hoot!
  • I ride a suzuki gs250t 1980. Had it about 4 months and love it.
  • GT Zaskar Expert mountain bike, bought in September this year. I use it for racing (honestly) in the Grand Masters category. I competed in the Apple Blossom Classic yesterday, still waiting for the official results. Before this one, I owned 2 other GT's, a DiamondBack and a Felt.

My road bike is a GT Zaskar hybrid and I use it for training and a couple of road races per year.
  • Well done Filek! I'd put Luas, Dublin Bus, Taxi and me feet if I knew how to put pictures here. Must be some Satanic magic.
  • OK, nobody laugh! Here's my "ride," it's an electric bike. As a pet sitter, most of my clients are only about a mile away so it's works good for me. Plus I live in Florida so weather isn't an issue. I also have a 150 cc scooter and a jeep...

I can only imagine what afterburner would call me, if he could!! :-)
  • 2006 Triumph Speedmaster...

I have a 1970 Trophy 500 in the garage prepped for winter tear down and rebuild...
  • @brussu, is that the 2.3 litre job?
  • edited October 2010 PM
    @mark, I once tried to race a bike like that in a cycle tour!! Got chased away in no time.

I see you buy Marlboro by the carton. Heavy smoker?!!
  • @Pieter, The top speed is about 20mph. Every once and a while cyclist will ride right behind so I block the wind. (I don't remember what that's called.) One told me his group averages about 28mph.

The case of Marlboros is just storage, acquired from a liquor store when a friend of mine moved. I quit smoking for over a year but recently I re-started. I usually only smoke about 3 or 4 a day. Haven't gotten back to buying cartons yet, let alone cases!!
  • @miamimark: its called "drafting" when you ride in another cyclists wind shadow.
  • Just got my Suzuki Bandit 600 back from repairs after a spill in which I broke my collar bone.

Fortunately, after spending a few bucks, both the bike and the rider are back in tip top shape.