Finest Quality Indian Snuffs

Two new Fine Border snuffs.Toque Snuffs

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Please consider helping to support the Snuffhouse forum.

Two new Fine Border snuffs.

Tin Corrosion

2»

Comments

• I haven't any problems with Wilsons of S. tins or any other tins this far. Actually I recycle empty tins all the time, prefer them to tap boxes.
  • Just had to throw 2 Frederick Tranter tins away, the Princes and the Burgundy, both being very moist snuffs. What a shame. It can´t be repeated often enough, use those WoS, M&W, Tranter (all the same tins) moister snuffs up soon, or refill them.
    These 2 tins were so heavily corroded, they might as well pass through as modern art pieces.
  • How do you avoid this? Would keeping it in airtight (or somewhat airtight) containers help? Would it then store for years in a dark place?
  • JustinJustin Moderator
    @newbiesnuffer It's only certain snuffs that have this effect - they tend to be both heavily scented and moist. If you open everything and check it when you get it, and decant anything in that category into glass jars you should be fine. Plastic containers would work too, but they are not as reliably airtight.
    "Reality," sa molesworth 2, "is so unspeakably sordid it make me shudder."
  • It's like playing the lottery ordering F&T Princes, WoS Best Dark & most recently WoS Dynamite. I've thrown out a 25g F&T, 5 and 10g Best Dark and begrudgingly spooned out the middle of the Dynamite. All three have in common that they are dark