Get 15% off all Sir Walter Scott snuffs.Finest Quality Indian SnuffsToque Snuffs

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Please consider helping to support the Snuffhouse forum.

Toque dale. 15% off all Toque snuffs.

what is the worst snuff you have tried?

Comments

• jpsksjpsks Member
    bernards  amostrina  or whatever its called
  • PotPoePotPoe Member
    Pretty much anything Poschl, save the Schimitars(SP), i find artifical and "headachey".
  • @JPSKS I just finished a 10g of amostrinha yesterday and I like it.  Its basically straight camphor, which makes it stand out from its menthol cousins.

What I like about this thread is that almost everyone has their own dislikes. 

For me, the two G&Hs are the worst of my snuffs.  But after reviewing their prices, they are budget snuffs, so I guess you get what you get.  Other than that, I have 550g of spearmint snuffs, and I have no idea what to do with them.  I tried mixing a little, and it just destroys anything it touches.  Id have to retally, but Im at around 6kilos of snuff, and I would really have to go through everything again.  I have found that I love tap boxes, and so each time a finish one I fill it with a tinned snuff.
  • Mr_OMr_O Member

Love most all SP's and quite a lot of menthol's, peppermints, KB's, florals, toasts...

dislike anything with a discernable hit of musk (F&T bordeaux, Macouba... I'm looking at you)

Like F&T's Old Paris, Santo Domingo, HTD...

Like most all S.African offerings so far...

Dislike most anything spearmint...

Strongly dislike anything manurey (Dholakia Black, D. Medicated)

Dislike many Poschls, probably because they irritate my passages- but Bernards don't cause that problem much, go figure.

Also like F&T French Carotte, but disklike WoS French Carotte

What a lovely expression of subjectivity we've got going here

• 6 Photo Cheeta because of that perfume-y smell.

I don't mind SP's here and there (mainly Toque Original or SP extra) but both WoS Strasbourg and IHT #20 I can't stand.  Smells like taking a bit ol whiff of either Mr. Clean or similar cleaning product. 
  • Toque Menthol

always get a stuffy nose from it.
  • neftobak
  • pr1ukpr1uk Member
    Without doubt for me it was Wilsons Of Shallow's Best Dark and i only buy Wilsons Snuff now but the Best Dark was a Best Nothing for me i found it had nothing going for it
    My two main ones are Ice Liquorice and Jockey Club
    But like other people i often order a small tin to try others but Best Dark will never reach my nose again

• n9inchnailsn9inchnails Moderator
    Still Toque Cheese & Bacon is the worst for me. FUBAR Shot of Rum is pretty nasty, Sun Rangeeli is just plain gross and Dholakia Black is like sticking your face in a cowpie, they should rename it Dholakia Cowpie.
  • Dholakia non tobacco herbal snuff .The scent reminds me of the dying old ladies with bed sore medication ointment . Exactly the same scent.

Funny how scents can trigger vivid memories of the past. Suddenly I am 14 mopping the hallways of the nursing home.Making big money $1.25 an hour and chasing nurses aids.Smoking pall mall, lucky strike,chesterfields and old gold cigarettes. 
    My knowledge is worthless if not shared and applied . "Joseph McKenna"  
  • MouseMouse Member
    Dholakia non tobacco herbal snuff .The scent reminds me of the dying old ladies with bed sore medication ointment . Exactly the same scent.

Funny how scents can trigger vivid memories of the past. Suddenly I am 14 mopping the hallways of the nursing home.Making big money $1.25 an hour and chasing nurses aids.Smoking pall mall, lucky strike,chesterfields and old gold cigarettes. 
    I could have written that but change nursing home for restaurant and church  and add Camels and Home Run. What is it with teens wanting the strongest cigs possible; Old Gold Straights with the pseudo cork tip were a favorite too.
  • SlideSlide Member
    I don't think I have had the worse yet but there are several that I will leave on the shelves for others.

Most menthols, WoS Grand Cairo, F&T Bordeaux and a few others
  • bobbob Member
    packards club is the only snuff that I won't snuff ever. I could be out of snuff and it could be the only available and I'd say no. Which no other snuff I've ever tried is so horrible to my nose. Though if you have not ever tried that horrid snuff you really really should because it's very one of a kind and the people that do like it love it.
  • Poschl Radfords Snuff 25g ..... Not to be confused with Poschl Radfords Premium which is amazing and If you claim to not enjoy Poschl snuff but still havn't tried Radfords Premium, try it.
  • Taxi Red - entirely too course and smells of fecal matter.

Wilsons Raspberry - Horrible chemical scent to it, sneeziest of all snuffs for me.
  • bobbob Member
    Which is amazing because to me the wilsons raspberry doesn't smell chmicaly at all or make me sneeze.
  • Royal George at first is quite a nice sweet nutmeg smell, but the longer it stays in your nose the more it smells like burnt plastic. Toque Cherry, the cherry is overpowered by a awful grassy stench. 
  • i like 25g radford.  It seems to me like redbull but a lot more affordable.
  • Vito445Vito445 Member
    edited May 2012 PM

royal george smells like the pucks they put in urnals in the bathroom

I found that 25g radford is nothing like redbull, i kept my redbull and gave away my radford

• For me brunswick and princes and most SPs are too soapy.
  • Dean Swift Raspberry - horrible menthol/cheap raspberry combination and way overpriced to boot.
  • Buttercup
  • The white, non-tobacco Poschl snuff. I really begrudge the 20 seconds of my life that I gave to that garbage. 30 years later I still wake up in the night shouting 'Why???'
  • TomStrasbourgTomStrasbourg Member
    edited May 2012 PM
    There are a lot of snuffs I'm not particularly fond of but only one I've tried so far I absolutely can't stand. That is super chetak . I don't mind the barnyard aroma in the background of south African snuffs, but this one just reeks of dung with incense. If you were a homesick Indian I can understand liking it but to me it is just repulsive. I've tried mixing it with other snuffs but it overpowered and wrecked those. I know other people like it but that really amazes me.
  • ANOVAANOVA Member
    A friend brought some WOS Apple & Blackcurrant around to my house last night, and I think that would have to be fairly close to the worst snuff I have tried. 

• nuuskunuusku Member
    taxi blue and fubar grunt ..well Toque peach too. . heard that fubar grunt batches varies a lot so perhaps I just had some bad luck with that one .. but there is enough war enthusiasm going on so it feels totally dum to have militaristic snuff! "gringo war snuff" made in India!? just bad idea at the first place?
  • For me, F&T Seville was like whiffing great-aunt Nancy's under-washed, over-perfumed neck folds as she gives me a bear hug. I had to throw it out.

Honourable mention goes to SG KB Special. It was as if they emptied the dregs of a charcoal bag into the tap box. I have since found out that the tap box probably didn't do the snuff any favours but I doubt I'll buy a tin of it in the future.
  • temptation / mango cream  ,a nasty aspect of snuff...
  • (and I like mango)
  • RoderickRoderick Member
    edited May 2012 PM
    Still has to be Toque Cheese and Bacon. Phew, who was the nutcase behind that..........