The eXitar tobacco vaporizer is a great alternative to smoking. Check it out.Finest Quality Indian SnuffsToque Snuffs

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Please consider helping to support the Snuffhouse forum.

Six Photo snuffs are back in stock.

what is the worst snuff you have tried?

Comments

• I'm not a fan of any menthols really, so probably those.

Slightly off topic but I did try Absolut Snus though as a change to snuff, what on earth is that stuff? It makes even my bad snuffs seem like powdered gold. Don't worry I didn't try sticking it up my nose :)
  • Toque Apricot which would be excellent if it were tart instead of so sweet.
  • I can't say I've tried anything I found to be awful at all, I'm not a big fan of the toque apricot either I find is a bit sickly sweet for me but is in no way a bad snuff just not to my taste. I found the Viking peach to be a bit lacking in peach. Just a slightly sweeter dark
  • AttilaAttila Member
    I bought a Brazilian Snuff (or 'rapé') who answer by the name of Guarany Eucalyptus. That is the worst thing I have ever tried...it looks like you drank a bootle of bathroom disinfecting stuff...
  • All Menthol from india .
  • Just tried Jockey Club.  Whew!  Like sticking a mini bar of hotel soap up your nose.
  • JustinJustin Moderator
    @BigNose Whose version? The Wilsons of Sharrow one is lovely. The Gawith one is horrid! (In my opinion, of course...)
    "Reality," sa molesworth 2, "is so unspeakably sordid it make me shudder."
  • I bought a Brazilian Snuff (or 'rapé') who answer by the name of Guarany Eucalyptus. That is the worst thing I have ever tried...it looks like you drank a bootle of bathroom disinfecting stuff...
    I had the normal stuff, was like ground burnt gingercake. In a bad way.
  • @BigNose Whose version? The Wilsons of Sharrow one is lovely. The Gawith one is horrid! (In my opinion, of course...)
    Sorry Mate, but it was WoS version.  But hey, I'm new and ignorant to the world of snuff so if they are anything like pipe tobacco's then i'm likely to change my mind on some of them over time.

It's just the jockey smells of soap and hangs around a long time (most unlike any real jockey i have ever met!).
  • JustinJustin Moderator
    I can't argue with the description! Don't think there's a right or wrong about it, though - just different tastes. If you shop with Mr. Snuff, you might try some Bernard Gekachelter Virginie with your next order. It's absolutely dead plain Virginia tobacco, and the smell reminds me a bit of Players Navy Cut.
    "Reality," sa molesworth 2, "is so unspeakably sordid it make me shudder."
  • ziggyziggy Member
    I'm usually an aniseed fan but Wilsons of Sharrow Aniseed Extra made me repeatedly sick for half an hour afterwards. Many people love it, but personally I think it's vile!

• I can't argue with the description! Don't think there's a right or wrong about it, though - just different tastes. If you shop with Mr. Snuff, you might try some Bernard Gekachelter Virginie with your next order. It's absolutely dead plain Virginia tobacco, and the smell reminds me a bit of Players Navy Cut.
    Yes definitely, each to their own as you say.  I have recently fallen in love with Schmalzer's from Poschl and Bernard (bought from Mr Snuff most excellant website) and yet initially i was quite dubious of the style.  Never say never, i say, and give it a chance.
     I have been working my way down Bernards list to the Virginie so i look forwards to trying it.  It's so true about Schmalzer's that once you start you can't stop.  I've limited myself to not starting before 7pm otherwise it get totally out of control.
  • DhrunDhrun Member
    The only snuffs I hated at first sniff are SG Carnation and GH Sea Breezes...if I wanted a rancid oyster in my nose, I'll go down to the beach and get one.

I don't much care for the fruit flavors I've tried, they're alright for the occasional sniff, but not as an all-day snuff.

I like snuffs with Latakia tobac, but Latakia doesn't like me, it seems I'm somewhat allergic to something in the smoke cure. I had to quit taking Elmos Reserve, I like it but I don't like sneezing violently for 15 minutes at a stretch after taking it.

Mind you, I'm not sorry I bought them. Worth the experience even if I don't much care for them...except for the Sea Breezes. That was beyond bad.
  • lmao! A rancid oyster! I just did a pinch of sea breezes and it was lovely
  • Ever since the first day I tried WoS Jockey Club I could place the scent exactly. To me it smells exactly like the old Gillette shaving foam. It reminds me of way back when I would play with shaving cream. when I was a kid the teachers would bring in a can and let us play on the desks with it.

To get back to the subject, at first I wasn't partial to it but I love it now though it is very strong and will over power anything else plus im still on my first tin. All the snuff I havent liked at first I now loathe for their depth. Iv learned some times only time will tell if you like it. 

I feel like the title can be taken the wrong way, it should be opinions on odd snuffs or least used snuffs in your cellar.

• kougykougy Member
    I like Menthol snuff but unfortunately Menthol snuff doesn't like me, every time I take a pinch from Toque Menthol my nose runs or the opposite, become clogged... so I know now that in my future orders I will not get any kind of menthol snuff... on the other hand Ozona President (Eucalyptus Oil) is OK and so is Dholakia Sparrow Cool ... and I did not try many varieties yet to dislike special kinds. 
  • SnuffSnifferSnuffSniffer Member
    edited July 2012 PM
    Taxi Red - entirely too course and smells of fecal matter.

Wilsons Raspberry - Horrible chemical scent to it, sneeziest of all snuffs for me.
    I love TAXI Extra Strong.
    Ummm...fecal matter...
    I think the worst I have tried is still Dholakia Kamal.
  • JammerJammer Member
    edited July 2012 PM
    Preach it BB ;)

The worst I've tried so far is WoS Best Dark. De gustibus non disputandum est...
  • I have,'t had one yet that I outright hated, but Golden Pinch is definitely pretty far down on my list.
  • Pretty much any American Scotch.
  • SlothSloth Member
    WoS Whiskey, it smells rather 'rubbery' and unpleasant to me.
  • willcwillc Member
    So far I have tried over 30 snuffs and I can say with certainty that so far there is none that is really unpleasant.
    The only thing I find close to me not liking is Kendal Scotch Black and that is only because of the texture.
    It is really moist and boogers up into little clay like balls when I pinch it.
    The smell is fantastic but it is real hard to take and it falls out a lot.
    On a side note, I just got Bernard Virginie 50g and it is very, very close to the Scotch Black and the moisture and texture of this snuff is close to perfect.
  • What I don't like are menthol, camphor, or eucalyptus--"medicated" snuffs.  What I dislike most is buying a snuff only to get it and find it is medicated.  It's a shame snuffs aren't labeled to denote the presence of menthol.

With this in mind, I have a question to other group members:  I've been using nasal snuff for a little over a year and love the stuff.  The one general category of snuffs I haven't tried are the schmalzlers and I would like to change this.  I'm looking at the Poschl line and noticed several schmalzlers.  Since most Poschl snuffs do contain menthol, it's fair to ask if any of the schmalzlers do.  Do they?
  • Dunnyveg, We're trying. It's a bit like when the Australian winemakers started nameing their wines after the grape variety. Now even the French are copying them. 
  • Roderick, I'm not putting down menthol snuff users at all.  It's just a matter of me not liking them.  It's the same with your Toque products.  There are some I don't at all care for, but they are all masterfully done.  In fact, for everyday use, your snuffs are the best--at least in my opinion.  To wax philosophical for a moment, I think one of the biggest mistakes we can make is to assume everybody is just like I am.  I say to each their own.

Or did you respond to the wrong post?
  • XanderXander Member
    edited July 2012 PM
    @Dunnyveg No schmalzler contains menthol. The 4 Pöschl schmalzlers are menthol free. As far as I know everything else currently made by Pöschl is mentholated.
    Halb-shmalzlers can contain menthol, since they are schmalzlers mixed with regular snuff.
  • Xander, thank you for your help. 

Roderick, after a further moment to reflect on your post to me, I've never known you not to label the menthol in your snuffs.  My comments were not directed to you.  An example of what I'm talking about is Wilson's of Sharrow's raspberry snuff, which is loaded with menthol and is not noted anywhere on the label.

I'm really not that picky; menthol simply tears my nose and sinuses up.  So, if I inadvertently buy a mentholated snuff, I've thrown my money away.  Again, I don't care if snuffs contain menthol; I just want to know so I can personally avoid those products.
  • @Dunnyveg I find the Bernard Schmalzlerfranzl Brasil to be excellent, and by the way NO menthol. 

I agree with you that though I love menthol, it most certainly does NOT love me back.
  • @stogie, I appreciate your help on the schmalzers.  It's something I look forward to trying. 

One more question since you have tried them:  Do Schmalzlers have a tendency to inflame the sinuses the way some coarse snuffs do, or do they tend to stay in the lower nose? 
  • Pretty much any American Scotch.
    That is NOT nice !!! XD