Finest Quality Indian Snuffs

Best selection of snuff and snuff related products in the UK.Toque Snuffs

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Please consider helping to support the Snuffhouse forum.

Worldwide distributor of the finest in snuff, chew, RYO, pipe, accessories and much more.

OT favorite Bourbon?

mustangiimustangii Member
edited April 2011 in General
http://www.makersmark.com/index.aspx?pgid=23

Mine is Makers Mark and Makers 46. Make in Kentucky and wonderful stuff. My wife and a friend of her's stopped on the way back from Boy Scout Jamberee in Fort AP Hill in West Virginia, for a tour of the distillery.

edm

Comments

• RansRans Member
    Woodford Reserve is my current favorite. Would have to say that Makers would be my second choice.
  • AllanHAllanH Member
    I like Old Grand-Dad.
  • I am with @Rans +1 on the Woodford
  • Don't drink much but I'd have to say Maker's Mark
  • I dont like the Woodford has a kind of medicine like taste to it I think. I really enjoy most of the small batch collection bookers and knob creek being my favs. Havnt had any lately though, might pick up a bottle this week...
  • bobbob Member
    I second bookers. All the ones mentioned are good. But bookers is one I'll go bonkers for. :) Well unless I'am confuseing old grand dad with another. Suprised no one mentioned Rebel Yell, it's not a favorite but mind blowing for the price range it's in.
  • Makers Mark
  • Now I am onto Knob Creek 120 proof single barrel.
  • Mr_OMr_O Member
    edited March 13 PM
    I never spend more than $40 a bottle, so within my budget... OGD 114, Four Roses Small Batch, Evan Williams BIB, Buffalo Trace, Larceny, and Weller Antique- the one time I was able to buy it :)
  • Woodford Reserve.....my favourite by far, hands down.
  • I do not have a lot of money so I tend to buy Ezra Brooks or Evan Williams for mixing and Buffalo Trace for sipping. Sometimes if I see a deal or it is a special occasion I will get something from a higher shelf. I will drink Makers Mark, but the extra sweetness from the higher percentage of wheat to rye is not as appealing to me.

What bourbon do you guys think has the best bang for the buck? I mean I wouldnt turn down Old Crow...
  • Mr_OMr_O Member
    edited March 16 PM
    For a value priced mixing bourbon, I like JW Dant, bottled in bond, so it is 100 proof. IMO very similar to Evan Williams BIB, just a couple of bucks cheaper. I just bought a one liter bottle for $17.

Fighting Cock, or Old Grand Dad 114, are good for the money, too. I have only been getting into bourbon for the last 5 years or so, but that is my 2 cents...
  • Gave up the hard stuff about a year ago, but my favorite bourbon was Gentleman Jack. My favorite Scotch was any decent Islay Single Malt. Islay for the Smokey flavors imparted by the Peat.

Doc Holliday 

Is unus bibliotheca magna , He is in himself a great library.