Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID
Mr.Snuff-Finest Selection of Snuff, Snus, Chew and Much More

Silver Dollar - who's got it, tried it, wants it and knows where to get it?

edited August 2011 in General
I am being emailed almost daily by customers asking where they can buy SD and, as we've shipped 10's of thousands of tins, I wanted to know if any of you guys had seen it in the shops yet? And if you knew of any shops that wanted to stock SD but, still hadn't been able to get any?

I'd like to be able to list as many shops as possible where you can or could, if they got stock, buy Silver Dollar.

• Roderick, our B&M knows nothing about Silver Dollar :(
  • My 2 good local B&M shops have both tried to find it for me and failed.
  • Bigmick, let me know their names and I will get them supplied.
  • I don't know where to get it. You should add a list of stores that sell it to the web.
  • Did OscarWabbit get it all? :)
  • After my comment above I went for a drive with my dog. I found Silver Dollar snuff in the six flavors pictured below at the Tobacco Town in Portland, Oregon. Price was $3.10 per container. Snuff is shown with a 10g WoS container.
  • The local chain (small chain) has no snuff of any kind. There is a much more informed and well-stocked B&M in the nearest large city that I'm sure has it but I haven't checked yet.
  • Cigar and Tobac in Kansas City (well actually Overland Park suburbs) has it.
  • @roho ... and anyone really who has tried these ... (and I am sure there is a review somewhere) ... but aren't these all menthol? or mentholated in some manner?
  • @snuffbrant, one flavor does not contain menthol. I just can't remember which.
  • No luck around here so far. I gave up after the twentieth or so phone call.
  • I've got two of each of these snuffs. Natural is good. Of course it's the only one without menthol.
  • Looks like I have to make a run to Overland Park. While I'm out job hunting.
  • Spyro,

If you got their names, I'll get them stocked.

I like the idea of a list of stores that carry stock.

The one without Menthol is Natural and all have less menthol than the Poschl equivalent. It's good to see shops are starting to get SD.
  • Do they need a Phillips and King account or has the situation changed? I know you to be a man of your word Roderick, if you say you can get it stocked, I believe it. I'll make another serious effort this week to locate some SD and post if I still have trouble finding it.
  • I had one tobacco store (has the best prices in West Nashville) THat was interested in carrying it but they said they couldn't find it or anyone to get it from.
    Maybe you should advertise more? I dunno what to do or the first thing about getting it carried in stores.
    Want their email or something? I'd love to find SD in the stores..... gimme instructions and I'll carry them out if you want me to help stock these stores up!
    Nashville's a great city for snuff!
  • Philips and King are the main distributors, however they also supply smaller distributors and I will make sure every local shop who's email/phone number I get is contacted and if they want SD, they will get it.

• Gotcha. I'll PM you the name and number ASAP today.
  • Roll with It!
    6309 Charlotte Pike
    Nashville, TN USA 37209

(615) 712-6586

I spoke to the owner and an employee and they sounded very interested in carrying some of your snuff. Please contact them or whatever and I'm sure they'd be another supplier on your list!

-Rob (Transistor)

• Here is the closest one to me.
    The Cigar Merchant, Pipes and Tobacco
    809 NW 7 Hwy Blue Springs, MO 64014 (816) 224-4704
    thanks Rodrick

• Thanks Transistor and Mustangii, I'll make sure they are contacted.
  • The only local tobacco shop that carries snuff here is

Cigar & Co Tobacco Room
    7101 North May Avenue, Oklahoma City, OK 73116-3241
    (405) 843-1010 ‎

They carry WoS, F&T so far... Would love to seem them carry this as well. I haven't talked to the guy about it, but it couldn't hurt.
  • Hi Roderick!

I'll get up to my local tobacconist this week to get a fresh stock of General (snus). I've asked him once in April, and he said he'd check and seemed familiar with P&K. I asked him a second time, in May/June and he looked genuinely sorry for forgetting. If it's available to him, I'm hoping it will be there when I get there on Thursday or Saturday.
    I'll report back soon...
  • I went to my local tobacconist (a 2 minute drive) to get some zippo flints and fluid. I was very happy to see every flavor of SD in stock!! So I got each one!! This is great! Thanks for your hard work on this line, and getting it into stores, Roderick. I love the product, and very happy my store is selling it now.
  • I saw it in Deadwood, South Dakota last week. It was in the tobacco shop; I forget what the shop was called (but it was about the only shop without slot machines in that tourist trap).
  • Lmao Deadwood is a real place????? Thought it was summat made up by Calamity Jane lol.

• Love "Deadwood" ... damn shame it cost too much to keep it going. But yes, Deadwood is a real and thriving place ... and the majority of the tale and the characters are true ... with liberties of the writer of course. Very interesting history to read about.
  • Any plans to get it into Canada? I can give you the contact info of my local B&M tobacconist. I would love to able to buy snuff over the counter even if it cost twice as much.
  • Id do anything to be able to get snuff into Canada. I just went to my tobacconist today and recommended they get some SD and they said they would try.
  • Good work, Brandasaur. I know McChrystal's is sometimes available in Canada, but there seems to be a rumor among tobacconists that they "can't order snuff". I think this has to do with labeling, but my McChrystal's has both English and Français on it, so it may be a matter of will on behalf of the companies. I hope Roderick can pull through!