10% off Copenhagen. Get them while they last. Finest Quality Indian SnuffsToque Snuffs

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Please consider helping to support the Snuffhouse forum.

Buy two of the same Thunder and get a free Oliver Twist Black Tobacco Bits.

What's in your pipe?

Comments

• Mr_OMr_O Member

I just saw the reply on me asking about the 3P's tobacco on the old page, thank's for the clarification. I like the Uni-flake quite a bit, a nice change from a matured VA. Now I have no choice but to try the 3P's :)

I've also heard good things about (Mc/Mac?)Cranies straight red, apparently available in ribbon or flake. Anybody had it here?

• Hearth and Home's Anniversary Kake in my pipe, I think this one is mostly a red VA with a good amount of Perique. It got a four hour DGT and smoked wonderfully. This would mix well with some Turkish which is now my favorite blending tobacco. 
  • Sam's Flake in a MM General Cob
  • @Mr.O, I've smoked both the McCranie's Red Ribbon and Red Flake. Awesome tobacco!!!!   I'm a "flake man" but I buy both of them because each is a winner in it's own right.  If you do order from McC, get yourself some bulk First Light as well which is McClelland's 5100 Red Cake, sold under the McCranie's label.

Smoking a bowl of Christmas Cheer 2011 in a Pete 150 right now

• Mr_OMr_O Member
    Pieter, it's good to hear some more good feedback about that. I also dig the flakes, ropes, discs, and probably the plugs. The red cake is usually available at one of our locals, as is one of the broken VA flakes that I like, but I can't remember the number of that. The Coyote is good too as I recall...
  • GH Bosun Cut Plug in my Peterson 69
  • edited May 2012 PM
    SG BlackXX  Rope  fully rubbed out by a steel toothed herb grinder  (picture a circular  iron madden).Smoked in the designated Peterson 317 with a Dr Grabow  Omega's stem .The P lip just bother me and the Omega fits perfect, Very rare coincidence for any stem to fit another pipe.This is pure diesel fuel; it the first one that ever gave me niccups. It is as black as night and the coolest smoke ever. And the 317 small bowl is the best to enjoy this decadent offering .  
    My knowledge is worthless if not shared and applied . "Joseph McKenna"  
  • MacBaren Symphony in a Clay.
  • simongrantsimongrant Member
    edited May 2012 PM
    Macbaren Navy flake in a bent nording #925
  • BRAdmiral's flake in a Savinelli bent  bulldog
  • Mr_OMr_O Member

Old Durbar in my  Peterson Dublin

• JinderJinder Member
    Nightcap in my '49 Pete System Standard 314. The perfect tobacco/pipe combo...heaven!
  • S. Gawith Perfection in a Radice Rind Oom-Paul
  • JinderJinder Member
    @perique how is that Perfection? I keep meaning to pick some up but I fear the name doth protest too much! Would love to know your thoughts on it.
  • JinderJinder Member
    Currently smoking the delicious Navy Flake by SG.

I've come to the realisation today that 1792 Flake is the only tobacco I've met that I've found physically impossible to smoke. There is something in it (possibly the Tonquin) that irritates my mouth and lips in a really weird way-sort of like strong chilli but without the enjoyability factor. I lit a bowl just now and smoked about 1/3 of it before I had to stop as it was just painful. Very odd. No such probs with NF though, a lovely smoke!
  • Dorchester in a bent Parker

• Navy flake in a falcon
  • JinderJinder Member
    Spent the afternoon in the sunshine smoking Sam's Flake in my Meer followed by an early evening soujourn to the beach with a big bowl of De Luxe Navy Rolls in my Italian Spigot Billiard.

A good day's smoking, I say!
  • Captain Earle's Ten Russians in a Aristocob.
  • MouseMouse Member
    NYPC Bedloe's Island - VaPer Oriental
    "A dramatic merging of bright Virginia with a generous portion of Acadian Perique is invigorated with a measure of Macedonian oriental leaf and presented in a pressed cake. Sweet on the top, it develops into a lush, complex smoke with a savory body and layers of flavor from the oriental component."
  • JinderJinder Member
    This morning's smoke was Fox's The Bankers in a rusticated basket billiard, now I'm onto FVF in my Italian Spigot Billiard.
  • Condor Long Cut in a Vesz billiard.
  • JinderJinder Member
    SG Commonwealth in my '49 Peterson System Standard 314
  • MouseMouse Member
    More Bedloe's Island in a no=name plateau topped Canadian marked 'Algerian Briar'
  • JinderJinder Member
    SG Commonwealth in my '49 Peterson System Standard 314...absolutely loving this tobacco-it needs to sit in the pipe for an hour before lighting though, that seems to really help it sing.
  • S. Gawith Commonwealth Mixture in a bent Grenci.
  • n9inchnailsn9inchnails Moderator
    Irish Flake in my Wizard
  • MacBaren Navy Flake in a Tinsky.
  • Had a long night of sleeplessness but some good pipes and Irish whiskey to keep me company.

Irish flake in a mm country gentlemen.
    C&D Nutty Irishmen in a Dartmouth club straight
    Irish Oak in a Pete donegal 106
    g.l. please Cairo in a Gouda Tavern clay
    Dunghill Flake in a mm CG
    and Bushmills on the side.

Ok time for some sleep
  • Irish Oak in a bent Sav bulldog.  No dung in/on this hill, Sly3904!!  Only pure tobacco bliss.