Poschl and Bernard snuffs back in stock.Finest Quality Indian SnuffsToque Snuffs

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Please consider helping to support the Snuffhouse forum.

Mr.Snuff-Purveyor of the finest quality snuffs, chew, snus and snuff accessories.

What's in your pipe?

Comments

• Dunhill Durbar in a kaywoodie zulu
  • SG FVF & 1792 mixed
    My knowledge is worthless if not shared and applied . "Joseph McKenna"  
  • Stokkebye Luxury Twist Flake in a MM cob

• CH in Tender Box Jura, G'Day
    If It Ain't Broke Don't Fix It!
  • Samuel Gawith ~ Sam's Flake in an Old Dominion Laughing King
  • @Psicko     Yes they brought it back.  I never had the original.  The current offering is pretty tasty,  IMHO  =D>
  • Five Brothers in a MM general Cob
  • Grousemoor in it's cob.  

Waiting for my 1792, St. Bruno, American Delight and F&T Wingate to come in the mail today.  I haven't had much luck with F&T pipe tobaccos, but they were all out of Squadron Leader.
  • I've never seen any F&T pipe tobaccos in the UK. Who makes them these days? (I think someone has told me before, but I forgot :\"> )
  • jbrentonivjbrentoniv Member
    edited January 2017 PM
    @50ft_trad 

Just got the shipment... Just says Made in Germany.

I've only smoked a whole tin of 34th St. Mixture and have sampled a few others - there has been depth lacking in all of what I've tried, hopefully Wingate may be different.  In any event, I just can't go without some kind of English blend and it fit the bill.
  • @perique, I was lucky to have a small bowl of the original due to an old friend still had a bit left in his cellar and offered me some. It's a catch 22 when you get to try an out of production blend, you are elated that you got to try it, but mourn the fact that would never get to have that chance to have it again when it is gone. I'll have to try it. It won't be aged like the other one, but it will probably still be good.
  • Oh, I have a bit of aged McClellands 2015 in a clay pipe.
  • Just opening another pouch.20170124_214854
  • Stonehaven in a meer, I was lucky enough to get a tin recently. Nice va/bur, the treacle topping is potent
  • Esoterica "And So to Bed" in a Grabow pot

• jbrentonivjbrentoniv Member
    edited January 2017 PM
    1792 in its cutty.  Just realized what 1792 smells like.  There is a Mexican corn drink (not champurrado, could be atole) that's oily, corny (of course) with a soupcon of vanilla.  That is precisely the smell.  Or, you can just say that it smells like fresh corn tortillas.  I love it when the toppings and casings touch a memory that make you rack your brain.  I struggled with this for a while as it's been so long since I've had atole - I went through a whole series of food memories in the US and abroad to find the olfactory memory.

By the way, the F&T Wingate mixture is by far the LEAST satisfying pipe blend I've ever had.  It's like smoking a Marlboro ultra-light.  Very frustrating to try and enjoy after years of smoking hardy blends.  I might just use it as MacArthur cob fodder.
  • F&T Bird's Eye Flake is one of my favorites.
  • SG Squadron Leader
  • 3P in a Pete Rosslare 80s
  • Coniston Cut Plug in a Clay
  • Rattray's  ~ Old Gowrie ..in a Peterson Mark Twain Poker
  • Hearth & Home Mazatec in a MM cob

• Unfortunately I'm building my Falcon pipe arsenal right now so I'm not in the market, but has anyone checked out the MM pipes on Ebay right now?  There are some gorgeous models that I've never seen before from a seller named "farmerje".  I would buy them all if I wasn't tied up.  
  • SG Perfection in a GBD pot
  • Firedance Flake in an MM Marcus
  • P.S. Proper English in a Grabow Riviera small apple
  • Lane LL-7 in a Grabow pot

• @jbrentoniv  http://corncobpipe.com/smokingpipes.html?p=1 on page two http://corncobpipe.com/10-pipe-grab-bag-of-smokable-seconds.html are a great deal. you don't know what you'll get but they are all great smokers. 
  • GH Louisiana Flake in a Peterson B5

• @basement_shaman I bought the bag of factory seconds about a year ago and was pretty well satisfied.  Quite a few legends, a great dane, patriot, washington, a pony express (which I end up using quite a bit for heavy, dark blends) - I was a little annoyed at the two cherry minis which I have absolutely no use for...my kids ended up playing with them though.  

The ones I mentioned on ebay are like none I've ever seen before.  Very elegant.  I would be proud to pull one of those out anywhere.