Get 50% off selected FUBAR snuffs. Finest Quality Indian SnuffsToque Snuffs

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Please consider helping to support the Snuffhouse forum.

Get 50% off selected 6 Photo snuffs.

What's in your pipe?

Comments

• bobbob Member
    Bob's Choclate Flake. Man I actualy like this one more and more the longer I have it. At first I thought it was an o.k. smoke. Though when you hit the sweet spot with it it's mind bendingly good. As if the added scents are just enough to make the smoke seem a little richer and creamier. Wonderfull smoke.
  • @pieterclassen. That was definitley an autocorrect feature on my kindle gone horribly awry. The Dunhill flake was excellent!

Grousemore plug in a Dartmouth Club briar. Not sure of anything about this pipe other than it smokes well. First bowl of Grousemore. I need a couple smokes before I decide about it. I get lots of grassy sweetness out of it, I picked up more than the lakeland floral thing. I think it could use a little drying time though.
  • Grousemore in a no name meerschaum 
    My knowledge is worthless if not shared and applied . "Joseph McKenna"  
  • Dunhill flake in a Pete donegal
  • Dunhill Light Flake in a Castello billiard
  • GH Bosun Cut Plug in my Peterson 69
  • Peterson's 3-P's in an American Smoking Pipe Company pot.
  • MouseMouse Member
    C&D O L'yom in a lion headed meer, espresso on the side
  • Mr_OMr_O Member
    edited May 2012 PM
    I'm wondering if anybody has found a good substitute for Crown Acheivement. I smoke mostly heavy Englishes and Balkans, but it just doesn't seem so easy to find one that rings that particular bell.
  • n9inchnailsn9inchnails Moderator
    Royal Yacht in a Peterson Donegal Rocky canadian
  • Penzance but I'm smoking Revor plug and PPP first.
  • Grousemore plug in a briar I know nothing about other than it is an excellent pipe. Have to say Grousemore seems to suit me well. I absolutley love it. I think I need to take a shot at other lakeland tobaccos for sure
  • Murray's Warrior Plug in a Tao chubby billiard.
  • SG Squadron Leader
  • MouseMouse Member
    MacBaren Matured VA in a Brigham bent Dublin
    Irish Flake in my wizard
  • Trying out the javajoint from p&c; doing the cappuccino right now ,I find it satisfying! my taste are changing with the warmer weather. It is all quite wet and smoking beautifully surprising enought 
  • Grouse Moor Plug in a Clay
    EMP in my Dunhill Shell billiard
  • Mr. NoseMr. Nose Member
    edited May 2012 PM
    SG 1792 in one of my Peterson Tankards
  • S. Gawith Perfection in a Grenci lovat.
    Dorchester in a Peterson System 305
  • Macbaren Virginia No.1 broken flake.
  • MouseMouse Member
    GH Curly Cut
  • 1792 Flake in a Pete XL23
  • PS Proper English
  • Grousemoor in a Castello searock
  • JinderJinder Member
    SG Sam's Flake in my Dr. Plumb Meer-Lined Billiard.

After a rocky start, this tobacco has become one of my absolute favourites. Such a tasty flake-reminds me of a strong coffee with a Hazlenut syrup shot in it. Beautiful stuff!

As for the pipe, I bought it 6wks or so ago and it's become my unequivocal #1 smoker. I love the stable, neutral characteristics of the Meer and it smokes absolutely perfectly.

The only pipes I have that come close are my Thorburn Clark Bent Bulldog and my '49 Pete System Standard 314. I'm even thinking of eBaying some of the other vintage Briars I've restored in order to bankroll the purchase of some more Meer-Lined Plumb pipes. The range is huge, and I'd love maybe a large bent billiard and a rhodesian to go with what I have. If they smoke half as well as my current Plumb Meer I'd be in hog heaven.

1792 in a Peterson System 303
  • MouseMouse Member
    Revor Plug in a no-name plateau-top Canadian