Buy <a href=Finest Quality Indian SnuffsToque Snuffs

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Please consider helping to support the Snuffhouse forum.

Buy $30.00 and get 50% off shipping. Buy $50.00 and get FREE shipping.

Titanium Snuff Vial

DoctorTattooDoctorTattoo Member
edited May 2012 in Snuff Accessories

Hi,

I saw this on Amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0082X3GKI/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

They look pretty nice! Anyone have one?

Shawn

Comments

• It looks to be made by the same company that makes the little black snuff boxes - rococo. Very nice indeed but I would use the contents in three or four pinches, so maybe not good one for a heavy snuff user.
  • Mr_OMr_O Member
    It sez that it's 2.25" long wouldn't that be of a decent size? My math here may be way off, but I would think it would hold 5+ grams. That would be enough for many snuffers, yes?
  • That's badass, currently unavailable though, anybody know what these sell for.
  • n9inchnailsn9inchnails Moderator
    It says in the description that they were made for Mr Snuff so maybe Dave will know more about these.
  • Mr_OMr_O Member
    Also, some places sell pill fobs made for a keychain, some of them look pretty good and have an o-ring seal, but they're machined steel. They also not quite this cool, but may be worthwhile. How expensive is titanium these days anyways?
  • Also, some places sell pill fobs made for a keychain, some of them look pretty good and have an o-ring seal, but they're machined steel. They also not quite this cool, but may be worthwhile. How expensive is titanium these days anyways?
    Pretty expensive, I would speculate that this might go for $50-60, just a guess.
  • Mr_OMr_O Member
    Yeah, could be. If they were available and not too spendy I'd love to get one. But not something I really need right now. The Toque flasks are pretty spiffy and are what, $20 something?
  • Well,

When I found them originally, there were 3 of them @ $34.95.  Since my lovely Afghanistan deployment funds kicked in I ordered 2 of them.  I'll post how they are once I have them.  Amazon says 18-32 days for shipping so we'll see.

Shawn  

• Mr_OMr_O Member
    Cool, I'm curious!
  • @n9inchnails: yes indeed theywere made for me by Rococo. I really trust his products on quality. These Titanium bullets are really expensive so I did not order very many of them. I will be interested to hear how they are because I have not actually seen one. If they are as good as I believe them to be I will order more.
  • @N9inchnails: i had them made by Rococo whom I trust with such things (plastic snuffboxes being a case in point). 

@DoctorTattoo: I too will be interested to hear opinions on the titanium bullets because even though I sell them I have not actually seen one yet. I only had 10 sent over because they are really expensive, but if they really are excellent then I will get some more in.
  • @mr.snuff - when were these on the site? I couldn't see them so assumed they are gone?
  • is it a bullet or can you tap some out?
  • Well Fellas,

I may have figured out why there were 3 availible and aren't anymore now, I checked my amazon account and realized I did in fact buy all 3 of them.  Oh well!  Once I get these in I'll do a mini review and maybe post better pics of them. 

@mr.snuff I'll surely let you know what they are like.  I hope they are up to my expectations.

@Vito445 It looks to me that it's a type of tap deal, I hope so, I tried a bullet and I hate it.

Shawn

• edited May 2012 PM
    Better pictures would be great. The current pics do not do the product any favors.
  • Titanium bullets are now in stock. Actually they are not bullets they are more like titanium vials/bottles with a screw top.

See here

• @mr.snuff funny you posted this today! I actually recieved mine in the mail (finally!) would you perfer I do a review on here on on your site?  I'm very happy with them so far.  Already filled one up and been using it since the mail got here.

• DoctorTattoo, What would you say the diameter of the spout on the titanium vial was?
    It looks some what small
    Do you think a coarse grind like Gawith's Black rappee would pour from it?
  • @tboyer The spout is almost exactly 3/16th of an inch (5mm) I've had decent luck with some of the coarser snuffs. Not that one in particular though.  Biggest issue with this is it tends to get packed in the bottom from carrying it around. Nothing a few taps on the table won't cure though.

Shawn

• Doctor Tattoo, since you're at an advantage and have seen these vials, I have two questions on the titanium vials Dave has for sale:

1.  You say it has a spout of a fifth on an inch, which is plenty big for pouring.  Do you have to load the snuff in from this hole, or does it open from the bottom too?

2.  Would this vial hold an entire ten gram tin of, say, Toque snuff?

BTW, I've never had anything quite like this, but I do have a knife with a titanium shell I've carried in my pockets for years.  The shell looks like new.  So, the concept is great.

• @ Mr. Snuff, I love your site and you are doing a great service for the snuffing community BUT I wish the pictures of the items were bigger or able to click on to enlarge them, some items like the snuff boxes are so small you can't even see what your buying.
  • @snuffsniffer: don't worry. This much requested feature is incorporated into the new mistersnuff.com.
  • SlideSlide Member
    @Dunneyveg

1) The bottom does come off. Load it from there

2) It will not hold 10 grams. 2 grams...maybe 3. My scale is broken. So that's a guess. It will not hold enough to last a day for me.
  • @snuffsniffer: don't worry. This much requested feature is incorporated into the new mistersnuff.com.
    Looking good :-)
  • Titanium snuff vials are back: here
  • As a proud new owner of the Titanium Secouette, I could not resist measuring:
    The item holds exactly 4.5 ml of whatever. This is the equivalent of about .15 oz
    or a Teaspoon.

The thing feels like something out of Star Trek, a friend of mine - member of an anti-terror unit -
    advised me not to try and take it on an aeroplane. I would risk calling up a scorpion-team including
    decontamination units ....

regards
    Ludwig-1954
  • @Dunneyveg

1) The bottom does come off. Load it from there

2) It will not hold 10 grams. 2 grams...maybe 3. My scale is broken. So that's a guess. It will not hold enough to last a day for me.
    They are on the small side, but because I carry more than one type of snuff it's not a big issue. Still it would be nice to have one that's larger.
  • Nice, at least with the bottom that comes off it would be easier to fill than a snuff bottle
  • Good evening, friends

I was wondering, whether and when the titanium snuff vials will be available again at mrsnuff.

best regards
    Patrick B. Ludwig
  • Which reminds me:

I would greatly appreciate a snuff vial made of tantalum. Perhaps Mrsnuff could persuade rococo to produce one?

I realise, that it would be really expensive but ... for something like this, I still have some
    spare ...

regards
    Patrick B. Ludwig