Tons of specials all the time.Finest Quality Indian SnuffsToque Snuffs

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Please consider helping to support the Snuffhouse forum.

Odens and Siberia by the roll.

What Video Game(s) are You Playing?

Comments

• Mr_OMr_O Member
    It's available for Windows, Mac and Linux.
    Cool! May have to pick it up.

IMO we need more old-school RPG's, a' la FF. Gimme the ol' turn-based deals, not played on a grid, no automatic fights, no random dungeons, no timing a button press to get a better/critical attack, doesn't get it's difficulty by making navigation difficult, large worlds, I could really ramble on here......

• Since it's release, I have played almost nothing but Diablo 3. The new patch will add even greater things.
  • bobbob Member
    I've been going old school cause I have no money (poor student thing, probably helps my grades though). So I've been playing Might and Magic 6.
  • edited April 2013 PM
    No new systems here. probably never will. Regarding my Android tablet, Mini Squadron. a Time Pilot like arcade shooter. A few casual games like Bingo Ball, Slingo and Match 3 games.

I still play my slim ps2 with games like College Hoops 2K7, Gods Of War 2, Black, COD3, Gran Turismo 4, Splashdown, Need For Speed Carbon. Racing is my fave genre.

I also adore pinball of any type.
  • Lately, it's been DC Universe Online and Heroes in the Sky. I only have limited "play windows" during the week, so it takes me forever to complete a game.
  • Mr_OMr_O Member
    edited April 2013 PM
    Still may save up for a Vita, to me, if you're using gaming technology, new is no worse than old. I like my PS3, my iPod touch 5th gen and my 3DS. This coming from a guy who still has a N64, a Dreamcast, a DS, and a PS2 (as well as a Sega Master System and an NES in storage-but maybe only one of them works).
  • Today I installed some custom firmware on my PSP so I can play some retro games through emulators. Played some Super Mario Allstars from the SNES.

This evening I finally managed to crack open the latest Tomb Raider game for the PS3. A little too much like a grittier Uncharted to be honest, but it's still very, very good. It's made me want to put the original PS1 game on the PSP though!
  • Mr_OMr_O Member
    I would like to play all the old "Wonder Boy" and "Alex the Kidd" games, as well as "Zillion" on my PSP. Any SMS+Genesis emulators for it? I know there was one for PC's.....
  • @Mr_O I want a Genesis (yuck, it's a MEGA DRIVE :-) ) emulator too, the one that most sites recommend seems to be Pico Drive. I'm planning on sorting that today, so I'll let you know how it is.

I'm sure there is a Master System one, but I don't know any names. I'll check it out
  • RansRans Member
    Aces High on the pc. The 15 bucks a month is the only drawback...
  • I get sucked into the bangbang shoot em up zombie killing games. Currently working on Contract Killer zombies 2 on the cell phone. Great for passing time waiting for jerk offs who cant show up on time to their appointments lol.
  • Dishonored & and Battlefield 3 on the 360.
  • Mr_OMr_O Member
    @Bizzle - Yeah, I'd be curious what you can find. Several years ago I played Wonderboy(sms) on my pal's PC sms emulator. Some nice nostalgia goin' on there. I don't remember the name of it, though.
  • @Mr_O I sorted out Pico Drive (Mega Drive/Genesis emulator) and it works great. As for a Master System one, Master Boy seems a good bet. It manages to do Master System, Game Gear, Game Boy and Game Boy Color. Not done it yet, so can't report on how well it works. Hopefully sort it this weekend
  • Mr_OMr_O Member
    @Bizzle - so, I lost track, are those for the PSP or the PC? Sounds cool, I should just google them here. I'd really like to get at some classic games..
  • @Mr_O For the PSP
  • Mr_OMr_O Member
    @Bizzle Sweet! I should go out and buy a higher capacity memory card, only working with a half-full 1 gig unit atm...
  • @Mr_O Probably wise. However, the ROMs are minute in terms of data size. Sonic for the Genesis is only 224kilobytes. Not mb, kb!
  • Mr_OMr_O Member
    Yeah, that is a lot less than new games. In my situation I might still download some new games too, though. So does downloading and running an emulator on a PSP require some sort of "jailbreaking"?
  • BizzleBizzle Member
    edited April 2013 PM
    @Mr_O Yes it does but it's very, very simple. I used this step by step guide (and downloaded the files via the link he provides in the comments) on YouTube.

Edit: Ah, forgot the forum was clever and embedded the video. Here's the link to the files http://www.mediafire.com/?uqibubce1oy22wx
  • Mr_OMr_O Member
    edited April 2013 PM
    Thank's! I'll check those out during a slower moment. Any issues afterwards with stuff I've downloaded from the Playstation Store?
  • X-COM Enemy Unknown (PC), liked the oldie a lot so i´m trying this new version, so far I like it.
  • @Mr_O No idea about that, to be honest (I didn't have anything on there from the PSN myself). Worth researching first. I'd be surprised if there were issues, but check first!
  • Mr_OMr_O Member
    Yeah, some research must be in order. Maybe I should shop for a cheap used 2nd PSP for emulations. So at least the UMD's will play just fine still, then?
  • UMDs won't be a problem at all, but there is a slight possibility that any games you've downloaded from the PSN won't work. I'm sure they'd be fine, but worth checking
  • Mr_OMr_O Member
    OK, I'll do some homework then. Thank's for the info!
  • Just remembered! If you use the hack I linked to above, this is like a 'soft' hack. Instead of permanently changing the code in the firmware like previous hacks, this one does....er....something else! What this means is that the official Sony firmware remains on the PSP and you have to re-hack it each time you switch the PSP on (this sounds a pain, but is as simple as selecting a file on the memory card using the PSP itself. It doesn't lose the hack if you just place it in sleep mode).

So, if you find that the PSN games don't work with the hack running, simply switch the unit off and on again. The hack software stays on the memory card so you can just re-boot that when you want to play your ROMs.
  • Mr_OMr_O Member
    Cool! I might have to try it then!
  • Still Diablo 3. I play a bit of Mario Kart with my daughter, but once she's in bed Diablo starts lurking about.
  • cmxcmx Member
    Tetris. But I don't consider it a video game so much as a lifestyle choice.