Black Friday All Week. Finest Quality Indian SnuffsToque Snuffs

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Please consider helping to support the Snuffhouse forum.

Black Friday Sale On Now.

Snuff in The States

Forgive me if its been done already....I saw the topic about where to buy snuff in the UK and thought wow what an awesome idea.What if we start one of U.S. retailers that have snuff,even if its only one brand and or type.Might help folks find some of this magical,elusive,beautiful powder.
I will start...So far I have found

1. Dillsburg Tobacco Outlet Rt. 15 Dillsburg Pa. Last time there they had the following...W.E. Garrett Scotch,Buttercup Sweet,Bruton and several flavors of Silver Dollar.
2. Rt. 12 Smoke Shop,Rt. 12 Temple Pa. [Alsace Twp.] Navy Sweet,Buttercup Sweet and Garrett Peach Sweet.
3. Smoke Shop Rt. 309 Quakertown Pa. Navy Sweet and Garrett Peach Sweet.
4. Tobacco Outlet Oxford Valley rd. inside the Fairless Hills Shopping Center Fairless Hills Pa. Railroad Mills Sweet.
5.Tobacco Shop in the Quakertown Farmers Market in Quakertown Pa. Dental Scotch
Unfortunately after months of stopping in at any place[my truck would easily fit] that looked as if it may have snuff this is all I have been able to come up with so far. I think this could possibly be an awesome resource if folks start posting local haunts around them or random places they come across while out and about.I travel extensively around Pa,NJ,De,Md and Va. Unfortunately when I do so Im in a large truck so I dont go to the trouble trying to find parking unless of course the place has a rather large lot so it would not surprise me to find that there could be many many places I have not found...and I want to know[and Id think a lot of folks would]where they are.So cmon folks...where are your go to places within the U.S. to get snuff?

Comments

• I searched high and low throughout Northeastern IL and south eastern WI. I found a box of WE Garrett Scotch at
    Cheap Tobacco
    719 Sheridan Rd
    Winthrop Harbor, IL

And a box of way over priced WE Garrett Sweet and a few small tins of WoS with no names on them. Just like Vics Vapor Rub. These are at a cigarette place off I 94 and Townline rd (rt 60). All the Cigar places seem to have disappeared too. I do have an email into the regional marketing guy from Swisher, he offered to help but haven't heard back yet.
  • Major score today on American Scotches. After hearing them mentioned several times here in different posts I stopped into a Food Lion,specifically the one at 720 King st. in Leesburg Va. They have Navy Sweet,Railroad Mills Sweet,Society Sweet,Square and Superior in the 30 gram tins and also have value[bulk] in all of the above plus several more. Cant recall all of them off the top of my head.Im already into a can of Superior and man is it good.
  • I can always only find Sweets at Food Lion, except one time I found a huge tin of Bruton but it is hopelessly stale.
  • I was surprised at how many bulk tins they had.They did have Bruton and Peach Sweet and all the others that I mentioned in both 30 gram as well as the bulk,plus a few others I cant remember them all.
    Im curious,how do you tell that an American Scotch is stale? Seriously they are most bone dry to the point of being dusty and since there arent scent so to speak added to them that would fade.I tend to think they would be perfect snuffs to buy massive amounts of bulk because I feel like they would keep forever.Perhaps Im wrong and Id love input on this as I was planning on buying one of every bulk they had but it would take me probably 10 years or better to go through all of it.
  • Cole tobacco on high street in Pottstown Pa carry's silver dollar and navy sweet
    My knowledge is worthless if not shared and applied . "Joseph McKenna"  
  • Nice,thats one close by for me.
  • really? I seriousily think PA contains a large percentage of list memebers. Must be something in the water that makes a man crave snuff.
  • Yeah it probably originates from the Limerick nuclear plant ;)
  • no that explains all the people with tails.
  • edited February 2013 PM
    no that explains all the people with tails.
    That's more tail for me, We also Glow in the Dark
    My knowledge is worthless if not shared and applied . "Joseph McKenna"  
  • I wouldnt worry too much about the tail,but I think if your glowing in the dark you may want to seek medical attention...or at the very least move.

• Im curious,how do you tell that an American Scotch is stale? Seriously they are most bone dry to the point of being dusty and since there arent scent so to speak added to them that would fade.I tend to think they would be perfect snuffs to buy massive amounts of bulk because I feel like they would keep forever.Perhaps Im wrong and Id love input on this as I was planning on buying one of every bulk they had but it would take me probably 10 years or better to go through all of it.
    They just lose their scent of tobacco and smoke. I'd suspect it takes a lot longer to happen. My Bruton just smells very faintly, compared to a fresh tin of Garrett which has a very strong scent.

• Gotchya,I have picked up some cans that looked as if they were there for years judging from the amount of dust on the lids and have still found the product inside to be quite good,and have a very nice smokey smell so Im going to assume bulking up on Americans is not at all a bad idea.Only issue I can see is maybe if you get a can that is already several years old and plan to keep it for several years on top of that.Either way they are really quite affordable so I think Im going to take my chances and go for it.
    Funny thing is I didnt care much for Americans[except for the nic content]at first but I really appreciate them now.I have gone back to ones I had dismissed for one reason or another and suddenly I enjoy them now.Go figure...guess Im maturing as a snuffer ;)
  • Yeah I think it's the loose tins that lose their freshness, the Bruton's I have that's so stale has a rather loose metal lid, I'd bet tins that are well-sealed could keep for a very very very long time.
  • They're gradually shifting over to all plastic containers. Those appear to retain freshness longer than the cardboard or metal.

There are two options that will increase your chances of preservation. One is to tape around the seam of the plastic where the lid meets the can. Second option is to decant them into containers that you know to be airtight, such as canning jars.
  • Yes it seems the majority of what I have found now comes in the plastic.I think I will stick to buying only bulks that are packaged this way.
  • Couple new finds this week.
    Smoke Shop Rt. 413 Bristol Pa. Tube Rose,Buttercup Sweet,Navy Sweet and R.R. Mills Sweet
    Crown Discount Bristol Pike Bristol Pa. Ralphs and Peach Sweet
    24/7 Food Mart and Tobacco Bristol Pike Bristol Pa. R.R. Sweet and Buttercup
    Have some of the Tube Rose in my nose rite now[one I didnt yet have] and its quite nice >:D<
  • Tube Rose is one of my favorites
  • @outlawmobile Thanks for that info. If I ever find myself around Bristol, PA I'l lhave to stop in and try the Ralphs. The rest of those and more I can get at a store a little over a mile from me. Think I'll grab some peach right now that you got me thinking about it. :-)
  • Tube Rose is one of my favorites
    Tried the Tube Rose last nite and its quite good.Definately a bit different than the other sweets I have had.
  • @outlawmobile Thanks for that info. If I ever find myself around Bristol, PA I'l lhave to stop in and try the Ralphs. The rest of those and more I can get at a store a little over a mile from me. Think I'll grab some peach right now that you got me thinking about it. :-)
    The Ralphs is really top notch,very similar to Square which is one of my favorites.
  • In Chicago, Iwan Ries on Wabash has 5 or 6 different WoS tins (Kendal Brown, SG, Irish Toast 22, etc) and some assorted tap boxes. They are all behind the counter and must be requested.
  • @outlawmobile

I live in Lancaster and I was at the tobacco palace in the Park City Mall the other day, they had both navy's, Garrets, and a bunch of silver dollars.

The guy behind the counter said they sell a lot of nasal snuff. REALLY surprised me.
  • @outlawmobile

I live in Lancaster and I was at the tobacco palace in the Park City Mall the other day, they had both navy's, Garrets, and a bunch of silver dollars.

The guy behind the counter said they sell a lot of nasal snuff. REALLY surprised me.

i will have to stop in there next time Im out that way.Regular Navy is something I dont have in the collection yet.I really enjoy the sweet so Im sure the regular will be rite up my alley.I have gotten such a taste for the Americans...I cant seem to get enough of them.
  • If anyone lives in the state of Texas, I can tell you now not to bother looking for snuff. The only two available are Garretts Sweet and Garretts Scotch. According to the Swisher rep I spoke with the state of Texas charges $1.20US on each ounce of powdered snuff. This along with very little demand for the product(dip is king in the Lone Star State) means that the snuff fan will starve here.
  • $1.20 per ounce? That's cheap, if snuff was even available in Canada you'd be paying $6.03 per ounce. Then there would be duty and another tax on top of that.
  • Tobacco & Cigar Connoisseurs‎
    4260 West Tilghman Street
    Allentown, PA 18104
    (610) 530-7445

https://plus.google.com/115273274747891377604/about?gl=us&hl=en

A few old Pöcshl snuffs and General snus.
  • Delaware Cigarette & Tobacco
    1511 North Dupont Highway
    New Castle, DE 19720
    (302) 326-1740

https://plus.google.com/102099201267870519689/about?gl=us&hl=en

good variety of American Scotches

and across the highway:

DOT Discoun‎t
    1422 North Dupont Highway
    New Castle, DE 19720
    Continental Shopping Center‎
    (302) 326-2480

Slightly different variety of American Scotches, prices are a few cents cheaper per can than the DC&T although they are owned by the same company. Go figure.

https://plus.google.com/104344325044714260937/about?gl=us&hl=en
  • Better add this one here...Emmaus Smoke Shop... Chestnut st. Emmaus Pa. Toque Kentucky Bourbon and a few different flavors of Silver Dollar as well.
  • IvanIvan Member
    Stag Tobacconist

Address: 11200 Montgomery Blvd NE, Albuquerque, NM 87111

Phone:(505) 237-9366

http://www.stagtobacco.com/

Carries Wilson of Sharrow, Silver Dollar, Dean Swift & Touque US
    It owned by two sisters & is one of the only woman-owned tobbaconists I know about in the states, very good non-pretentious service, there is a location in Santa Fe, NM as well, not sure if that branch carries snuff.