Black Friday All Week. Finest Quality Indian SnuffsToque Snuffs

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Please consider helping to support the Snuffhouse forum.

Black Friday Sale On Now.

Johnny Apricot-Snuff

AlexAlex Member
edited August 2012 in Types of Snuff
During may three day stay at Austria after Christmas, I bought the Johnny Apricot-Snuff at a local tobacco shop in Vienna. It is produced by Pöschl and comes in the usual handy snuffbox. I read that this snuff came in a jeans look box some years ago. Well, this has changed. As I did not know this brand, I contacted Pöschl to get to know more about it. According to a sales representative this brand is only sold in Austria. Its recipe is similar to the Gawith Apricot-Snuff, but still different. I want to add here that I am happy about the willingness of Pöschl to give out information about their products.

The Johnny Snuff has a medium grain and a medium light brown colour. It is clearly mentholated, a bit more than the Gawith I guess. As I do not have any Gawith Apricot-Snuff left I am not able to compare it at the moment. The apricot scent is also recognisable, but a bit later than the menthol one. At least my nose does so. It is easy to snuff and won't hit your throat as the usual Pöschl snuff. A standard but solid product.