Buy <a href=Finest Quality Indian SnuffsToque Snuffs

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Please consider helping to support the Snuffhouse forum.

Buy $30.00 and get 50% off shipping. Buy $50.00 and get FREE shipping.

140 Varieties

proboscisproboscis Member
edited September 2012 in Snuff House Library
Here's a link that members might enjoy: a paper on tobacco use in the Sherlock Holmes stories.

I'll be renting the Brett/Holmes series with my next disks from Netflix. Lots of smoking and tobacco use and in many a fans opinion the greatest interpretation of Holmes ever put on film.

Comments

• No I'm not a member but I do enjoy S.H. I especially like the adaptations starring Jeremy Brett.
  • Oh, here's a link to read SH Stories!

http://www.citsoft.com/holmes3.html
  • I watched the episode _The Dying Detective_ tonight from the Granada series starring Jeremy Brett. There's a great line at the end of the show from Holmes, the inveterate smoker, as he lights up a cigarette:

"Three days without food and water is one thing, but to be without tobacco I have found most irksome."

Tobacco in the movie:

Holmes smokes cigarettes and his churchwarden (no doubt filled with his famous "black shag")
    Holmes gets a parcel in the mail of Rhodesian tobacco (this was a source of leaf for the Lake District blends, but I don't know if that still holds true since Mugabe has buggered up the country).
    Holmes and Watson smoking pipes.
This discussion has been closed.