The eXitar tobacco vaporizer is a great alternative to smoking. Check it out.Finest Quality Indian SnuffsToque Snuffs

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Please consider helping to support the Snuffhouse forum.

Mr.Snuff is moving the warehouse. Please bear with us and thanks for your support.

Best ways to dry tobacco fast

mcostamcosta Member
edited October 2012 in Snuffhouse Archives
What's the best way to do this? I have some ground leaves I want very dry by sunday, is there a way of storing them that can speed up the process? Should it be in a dark place ?

many thanks..

Comments

• I'v never done it but first I would assume you want them out in the sunlight. If you need it in a hurry I know you can put leaves in the oven at a low temp and that will dry them out quickly. Make sure it is low enough not to set them a blaze! Again I have never done this but im sure the oven trick will work at the right temp.
  • If grinding a small amount, I put it on foil in the oven at 215 F for about 15 minutes.
  • TroutstrokerTroutstroker Member
    edited April 2008 PM
    You can do a few ways. If your having good weather you can put on a baking pan and cover with some cheese cloth or sheet and place outside. If the shreds are big enough you can place on a screen for good air flow. The cloth is to keep bugs and dust out. Or you can do in the oven. But if your oven happens to be on the dirty side, the scent of warmed up greese/food drippings can contaminate the snuff. You'll want to keep the oven lid open slightly to allow air flow. You can also put in a clean pan and warm on the stove top making sure to keep stirring/sifting it or you'll have some really toasted snuff. This is the easiest way to keep an eye on it. Your finished when you achieve the dryness you want.
  • I have used my outdoor propane grill, with the tobacco spread out on a baking sheet with the lid of the grill open. Last time I used the oven the wife complained about it stinking up the house, so since have been taking to the great outdoors.
  • bobbob Member
    ah just get her hooked on the stuff. It's easy just put some up her nose when she's sleeping.
  • LOL @ bob

and btw guys, 20 seconds in the mircrowave did the trick !
  • Ah, microwave is good to. I use it on occasion for drying tobacco for my pipe.
This discussion has been closed.