Finest Quality Indian Snuffs

Be prepared for an excursion where you do not know when you will be back!Toque Snuffs

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Please consider helping to support the Snuffhouse forum.

Be prepared for an excursion where you do not know when you will be back!

"The Perfect Smoke" pipe book is Now on Kindle

fredhfredh Member
edited December 2013 in Other Forms of Tobacco
Just thought I would let the pipe smokers here know that I just posted my book on Amazon Kindle. It is called "The Perfect Smoke: Gourmet Pipe Smoking for Relaxation and Reflection."

The book was sold out within a few months after it was published in 2012 and has been out of print for well over a year. I finally got it formatted for Kindle and is now available for download for $9.99. All of the well over 60 photos of a range of pipes and tobaccos, are now in color.

The book is about how to gain the maximum enjoyment from pipe smoking and deals with just about every aspect of quality pipes and tobaccos and how to appreciate them.

Any snuff users/pipe lovers here ever read it? Feel free to comment if you like, whether you liked it or thought it was rather worthless.

Comments

• @fredhanna
    Thanks for the heads up, I look forward to now being able to read it. I just wish I could get you to sign it for me. LOL.
  • Thanks @Chef_Dean. I never thought of that! I hope you enjoy it. Feel free to contact me with questions, criticisms, comments and so on.
  • I will have to try your Wilderness blend ,although I must admit I am not fond of the ketchup odor Mc C is infamous for.
    Any second printings of a hard copy in the works? I am a creature of old school hard cover books.
    My knowledge is worthless if not shared and applied . "Joseph McKenna"  
  • Thanks for your interest @basement_shaman. I blended Wilderness and Legends so that there would be very very little or none of the odor to which you are referring. If you check out these links at tobaccoreviews.com, you will see reviews of both blends that mention the lack of that characteristic odor. Of course you may still find it offensive and for that all I can do is apologize in advance.

http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/blend/3947/mcclelland-wilderness

http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/blend/3946/mcclelland-legends

• I plan on picking up some new to me tins, My favorite pipe is a Peterson 999 slightly bent bulldog or rhodesian. I find most of what I smoke behave well in these pipes. I have a gaggle of pipes I rarely use.Will it smoke better in a straight billiard pipe?
    My knowledge is worthless if not shared and applied . "Joseph McKenna"  
  • fredhfredh Member
    edited December 2013 PM
    @basement_shaman I don't think the shape of a pipe makes any difference in smoking quality as long as the briar is well cured and the pipe is well made and drilled AND the briar itself has a pleasant taste, imho.

Slightly bent bulldogs and Rhodesians are both great shapes, to me anyway.

What are your tobacco preferences? Virginias? English? Balkan? Burley?
  • fredhfredh Member
    edited March 2015 PM
    Hello again fellow pipe lovers. It has now been 15 months since I first announced my book, The Perfect Smoke: Gourmet Pipe Smoking for Relaxation and Reflection in this thread here on Snuffhouse. The book is now available only on Kindle as all the hard copies were sold out by November of 2012.

The book focuses upon how to get the best smoke possible considering and taking into account quality pipes and quality tobaccos, and the best smoking habits and techniques for the pipe smoker. I started smoking pipes in 1967 and became a serious pipe enthusiast in 1974. Please pardon my saying so but a good number of pipe smoking veterans and experts have said that this is the best book on the subject ever written. Of course you may think the book is utter trash but there, I said it anyway. Here is the link to Amazon Kindle if you wish to check it out or buy it.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Perfect-Smoke-Relaxation-Reflection-ebook/dp/B00GYHDWCQ/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top?ie=UTF8

There are a number of unique and innovative ideas, perspectives, viewpoints and applications in the book. It also contains around 70 color photos of pipes from my collection, my own blends sold by McClelland, some rare tobaccos, and other pipe related items.

Your comments, criticisms, agreements, disagreements, and questions are welcome here.

I hope you don't mind the reminder. Thank you.