Get 50% off selected FUBAR snuffs. Finest Quality Indian SnuffsToque Snuffs

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Please consider helping to support the Snuffhouse forum.

Free treat with any purchase of $20.00 or more.

Introduce yourself

Comments

• CobguyCobguy Member
    Welcome to all the newest members!  :-h
  • rostanfrostanf Member
    New member, Robert from Florida. I will be posting pics of my snuff collection soon. I also carve snuff spoons.
  • matteobmatteob Member
    edited June 12 PM
    Matt 39 from Kent. Discovered snuff again on a fairly recent holiday in Scotland. Always loved the smell of good tobacco but funnily enough never liked smoking really or taken it up really except the odd Sheesha when I was working in Egypt. Funnily for a beginner (relatively) I like the toasted snuffs. They remind me of fine coffee and chocolate, esecially Sir Johnny Scott's Lundy Foot. I mainly use as a stimulant when working. Was introduced to snuff by my English teacher when studying Alexander Pope and his world. The Rape of the Lock was an A Level text.
    "A charge of snuff the wily virgin threw;
    The Gnomes direct, to ev'ry atom just,
    The pungent grains of titillating dust.
    Sudden, with starting tears each eye o'erflows,
    And the high dome re-echoes to his nose. " (Canto 5)

• Hello folks. Like many I'm new to snuff (just last week) and want to learn and try more stuff. I've smoked a pipe for over 28 years and really enjoy it. Looking forward to poking around the site and getting suggestions from you all.

All the best,

William

• WeiserWeiser Member
    Hello , 

New guy to the snuffing world here. Just about 5-6 months in (on and off). 
    First snuff I ever tried was 6 Photo's 666 medicated. I remember being offered some and my eyes popped , the guy offering it to me had a good laugh. Haha , some good stuff.

• edited June 14 PM
    Hey!  Potential snuffer here.  I've always loved the smell of tobacco and the effect of nicotine.  However, my lifestyle (running, having kids, not liking the smell of stale smoke) no longer allows me to smoke pipe or cigars.  I detest chewing tobacco in all forms and the habit itself.  I'd really like to try snuff.  I found MrSnuff online and they ship to the US and would like to try them out.  I live in Oklahoma.  We have some goofy tobacco laws here and was wondering how hard it is to get tobacco online here.  I've been to USCIS and they're cool with it, but can't seem to find any information from OK government sites.  I don't mind rendering unto Caesar- I just don't want to order something that gets seized and runs me afoul of state law.  Also, here, finely shredded chewing tobacco is called "snuff", so everyone has "snuff", but I want the sniffing kind- which I've never seen here.  Much obliged for any help/advice!
  • N1THCN1THC Member
    Hey everyone!

Just recently got into Snuff, and I love it!!

Made a huge order and couldn't be more happy. =]

Oh and it helped me quit cigarettes! - About a week now!
    N1THC / WQYV607 - Ham Radio / GMRS Radio Operator
  • Welcome to Snuffhouse and congratulations on quitting the cigs
  • N1THCN1THC Member
    Thanks so much! 

My lungs are much happier with me already =]
  • olliebeeolliebee Member
    Hi, my name is Jim.  I live in Arkansas (beautiful, lingering Autumns and Springs).  I'm retired but still paint a litte (see The Brushworks Online on Facebook.      I'm a lover of De Kralingse snuffs--especially their Limburger Tabak and would love to buy some from anyone willing to sell.  Ta, ta.
  • Welcome to all newbies :)
  • PsickoPsicko Member
    Welcome to all the new people to snuffhouse.com.
  • matteobmatteob Member
  • Welcome newest members to your snuff Forum. It is as great as you make it to be. Party on dudes <:-P
    My knowledge is worthless if not shared and applied . "Joseph McKenna"  
  • CaptainLezoCaptainLezo Member
    edited July 18 PM
    Hi!

I am spaniard. I did smoke pipe, cigarettes and cigars for several years, but had to quit.
    My idea about snuff is that it was a very old thing from centuries ago and that today did not existed.

But watching "How it is made" I discovered Samuel Gawith and the ffact that they
  • CaptainLezoCaptainLezo Member
    edited July 18 PM
    ...are still producing snuff. So ordered a 6 tin sample pack from Mr. Snuff and for a week I have become snuffer. And I love it. It seems that this forum is one of the best information sources about the world of snuff... so glad to see you!
  • N1THCN1THC Member
    @CaptainLezo Welcome to the forum!

I feel into snuff in a similar way and haven't turned back yet!
  • Welcome CaptainLezo. Love your picture!
  • Thanks!! my tribute both to snuff & Monthy Python and the Spanish Inquisition :)
  • Greetings and salutations fellow fans of tobacco!

I am Floyd, and I feel fantastic to find this website full of people with similar interests as me.

I've recently been informed that I am currently 41 years of age; concrete evidence of which I am still avoiding, as most days I feel about 25.

My wonderful relationship with beautiful, delicious tobacco began at the tender age of seven, when my friends and I were talked into buying a bag of Red Man by some older kids who assured us that it was "Primo". I agree with their assessment to this day, though I don't chew loose leaf tobacco often. I prefer (occasionally) cheap "dip" style tobacco, but I really love Swedish snus after discovering it around twelve years back.

A few years after that faithful day playing down at the creek with strange older degenerate kids, my interest in something wonderful- cigarettes solidified itself, and I'm now closing in on twenty years making my own, with Daughters and Ryan blends being my preference the last ten. I can't remember the last time I bought a pack of factory made "smokes". On another note, my doctor didn't even believe I smoked, which I find quite amusing.

I also have a few humidors stocked with fine and less than fine cigars, and a well stocked cabinet of pipe tobacco which I smoke with a wall mounted display case full of mostly inexpensive pipes. These two forms of smoking I've been working on since ages eleven and fifteen, respectively. I love all things tobacco, and I always will. It's just so damn good.

For some reason, I've never put any of the world's tastiest leaf up my nose. At least I can say that I saved the best for last, so to speak.

Okay, here it is- I've been using dry snuff for less than a month, and I've already gone "apeshit crazy" about it, to steal a line from Sir Winston Churchill.

My selection is sparse, as the closest shop (an hour away in Monterey, CA) to my small town only carried Silver Dollar Original, which turned out to be great. I won two ebay auctions that night for a forty year old can of TOPS Mild Snuff and fifty year old W.E. Garret and Sons Scotch Snuff- both of which I rehydrated after airing overnight. They only got better after that.

I'll be ordering plenty more from one of the online shops I've found great information about here at Snuffhouse (thanks, everybody!), but until then I'm already making my own out of rolling tobacco and pipe crumbles I've been saving for years- wondering what to do with them. So far I've been quite pleased with them using kitchen flavor extracts and fresh mint from the garden. However, like pipe tobacco, so far my favorite blends are free of any flavoring.

This is probably the third site of any kind that I've ever joined (other than that "Facebook", which I can't stand and never look at) so we'll see how it works out with me interacting electronically. For example; you might have noticed brevity isn't exactly my thing, man, and my daughter has informed my that in the world of the Internet, "That shit don't fly, Dad, you type too much." I'm pretty sure that's what she said.

I find myself unconcerned with this, and am just delighted to find a place to exchange information about my beloved tobacco, and where people aren't constantly referring to "sticks" of some sort. I thank you all for this opportunity, sincerely. I also look forward to exchanging actual tobacco products, as I see you cats are into that around here, and I think that's totally boss.

That's it for now, further bulletins as events warrant. Fantastic_Floyd out.

• CobguyCobguy Member

Welcome to Snuffhouse! :)

• SporkSpork Member
    After Fantastic Floyd's very entertaining post anything I write here is going to seem inadequate so I'll just say- Hello my name is Spork. I have been a snuff taker for 5 years, and I have no intention of quitting.
  • Welcome to all those who are new to this forum. @Spork -  Welcome! You can still share anything you please. Thats what this forum is about. Its no competition :) Looking forward to your views and contributions in here. 
  • edited August 12 PM
    Thanks, Spork! Great username. I'm glad somebody read all that and found it entertaining. Hello to you, and to newbiesnuffer a warm welcome from another new guy!

This "snuff", as you call it, sure is great. I should have tried it years ago.

EDIT: Hey, wait a minute- you're not a newbie at all! I've got my eye on you, buster.
  • Welcome, new guys. This is a great forum with a lot of great members. Floyd, that was one heck of an introduction, We expect every post from you to be at least this entertaining or you're out.
  • @Fantastic_Floyd - ha ha.. Well, I chose the name when I joined in here around 6-7 months ago. Yes, I've learnt a lot from the maestro's in this forum, and will forever be a newbie compared to them. 
    You can mention people when you message them like I have done for you, so they are notified when you message them. 
    And yes, great post. :)
  • My name is Rick . My wife and I live in Oklahoma. Only been snuffing for a couple of months but really enjoy it. My favorite snuffs are the SPs. I like them a lot. My wife snuffs also. We've already received a couple of orders from Mr Snuff with another on the way and have been gifted several samples and tins from fellow snuffers so we have a nice variety. I'm glad to be part of the Snuffhouse community. Hoping to learn and laugh.

• Welcome to all the new members!    :-bd

• Hello from India! Found my way to snuffhouse after looking over Reddit! Have just started off with snuffs. Will be receiving my first order shortly. Hope to be active on this forum, cheers everyone!
  • Hello, i'm an English newbie snuffer (about 1 month in) converted from vaping as all e liquids tasted horrible. I'd managed to cut my nic intake down to virtually nothing after quitting a thirty year habit - I used pipe tobacco in roll ups as the duty was lower but I inhaled so that had to stop after a lung infection. I am looking forward to just snuffing from now on, once again hello to all.