Finest Quality Indian Snuffs

Best selection of snuff and snuff related products in the UK.Toque Snuffs

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Please consider helping to support the Snuffhouse forum.

Worldwide distributor of the finest in snuff, chew, RYO, pipe, accessories and much more.

Zwiefacher

AlexAlex Member
edited August 2012 in Types of Snuff
I say it right at the beginning: Interesting!

The Zwiefacher comes in a handy, dark green snuff box with a sliding mechanism, containing 10g (1/3 oz) of snuff. It has a picture of a dancing couple on its front. Zwiefacher is actually a traditional fast dance. I guess the word Zwiefacher would be translated to twice or double which might be related to the couple, doing the dance. It is a blend of a Schmalzler and Snuff. Therefore it is is dark brown in its colour, is medium fine and a little moist. Coming out of the box without a strong smell, it develops a slight menthol scent in the nose. After the refreshing effect fades away relatively fast, a herbal and slight sweet odour remains. It is mild and can be sniffed in large portions just as a typical Schmalzler. The odour remains after cleaning the nose for quite a while.

This way of combining Snuff with Schmalzler is very well done. If you have the chance, give it a try.

Comments

• Zwiefacher is one of my favourites. Unfortunately Schmalzlers tend to give me a stuffy nose almost immediately. To my dismay, I started getting the same problem with Chef Daniels' creations (due to the butter I think). I'm gutted about both these situations, and continually hope that I've gotten over the curse; but very time I try it's the same thing almost immediately. So I only take a very occasional, satisfying pinch of these snuffs now!
  • IcepickIcepick Member
    edited June 2016 PM
    I like it too, but as much as I enjoy the smell I can't keep after it for very long.

And by the way, the dance is called zweifacher because it changes from waltz time for 2\2 for a couple bars.