Seneca Roll of 5. Only $9,99. Finest Quality Indian SnuffsToque Snuffs

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Please consider helping to support the Snuffhouse forum.

Wish you the best for 2017.

Tobacco Seed Exchange

I have noticed that there are a few forum members growing their own tobacco.
I also grew tobacco last year and had a surplus of seeds as perhaps some of the other hobby growers do.

For all those who might be interested perhaps we could post seed trades here. I for one have difficulty buying seeds over the net as some companies just don't deliver here.

I will have a surplus of rustica seed this year and would love to get hold of some other varieties so if anyone wants to trade let me know.

I should have some other varieties to offer soon too but will have to see what's left after I have set some out to germinate over the coming days.

Comments

• I have noticed that there are a few forum members growing their own tobacco.
    I also grew tobacco last year and had a surplus of seeds as perhaps some of the other hobby growers do.

For all those who might be interested perhaps we could post seed trades here. I for one have difficulty buying seeds over the net as some companies just don't deliver here.

I will have a surplus of rustica seed this year and would love to get hold of some other varieties so if anyone wants to trade let me know.

I should have some other varieties to offer soon too but will have to see what's left after I have set some out to germinate over the coming days.
    Interesting. I'm in Chiang Mai, Northern Thailand. For three years I was growing tobacco from seedlings. No idea what it was, got them from villagers who have no idea what they were either. They get the seeds from the agro-industrial companies who also buy the crop. The seeds from my tobacco would not grow. Seems the plants have been somehow neutered to maintain the villagers dependence on the companies.

I stopped growing tobacco when I stopped smoking cigarettes. Now I'm moving off nicotine tablets and into chewing tobacco and snuff, so maybe I can find some use for another tobacco crop.

To conclude I would like some seeds for small experimental planting, but I have nothing to trade at present.
  • Near the windmills I grow N. tabaccum (descendents from the "Amersfoorter Bestgoed"); N. rustica and N. allata ( an ornamental tobacco species). For interesting parties I can sent some seeds.

Jaap Bes.
  • md363md363 Member
    I have thought seriously about growing my own, a family member of mine lives somewhat in the middle of nowhere in South Carolina (US) so they have enough land to create a "garden" of tobacco plants, a small crop is what I mean, but we've never actually attempted to grow tobacco. I have found quite a few listings for seeds on Ebay @Ubert‌ and even on Amazon.com. You might check those two sites, they have listings for Rustica, Virginia, Burley and other varieties and the prices range from $5 for 100 seeds to $5 for 500 seeds, etc.

However a seed trading thread here on Snuffhouse is a great idea and I would be very interested in taking part if I ever get around to growing some or acquiring my own seeds to trade. Or, if someone would accept in a trade something from my end other than seeds like snuff or pipe tobacco.

Anyway this is a great idea @Ubert‌ and hopefully the idea takes to other members.
  • Near the windmills I grow N. tabaccum (descendents from the "Amersfoorter Bestgoed"); N. rustica and N. allata ( an ornamental tobacco species). For interesting parties I can sent some seeds.

Jaap Bes.
    Yes, I would like some, just a few hundred for a trial. Not sure that your Dutch tobacco would grow well here in the topics. But we are up in the mountains so its not too hot, also, during the rains its as damp as a tulip field.
  • I have thought seriously about growing my own, a family member of mine lives somewhat in the middle of nowhere in South Carolina (US) so they have enough land to create a "garden" of tobacco plants, a small crop is what I mean, but we've never actually attempted to grow tobacco. I have found quite a few listings for seeds on Ebay @Ubert‌ and even on Amazon.com. You might check those two sites, they have listings for Rustica, Virginia, Burley and other varieties and the prices range from $5 for 100 seeds to $5 for 500 seeds, etc.

However a seed trading thread here on Snuffhouse is a great idea and I would be very interested in taking part if I ever get around to growing some or acquiring my own seeds to trade. Or, if someone would accept in a trade something from my end other than seeds like snuff or pipe tobacco.

Anyway this is a great idea @Ubert‌ and hopefully the idea takes to other members.
    Yes, I think it might be nice to keep Ebay and Amazon out of the loop. By the way, you can send money to anybody with a Paypal account directly. You do not have to go through Ebay or Amazon.
  • If anybody wants some seeds I have loads left over from my one of my crops from a couple of years ago. I have just germinated some myself so they are still ok. I have no idea what variety they are but if anybody wants a bunch of random tobacco seed then just contact me and I will send them out for free. Of course if anybody wanted to reciprocate with a little snuff I would not refuse but it is not essential and I would be happy to just drop a couple of seed pods in the post to anybody who wants them. As I say just message me and I will send them your way - they are light as a feather so it's no big deal.

Happy growing guys!!
    :D
    Ubert
  • @snuffmiller Just seen your message - if you have any Amersfoorter Bestgoed or rustica I would be interested. let me know if you are up for an exchange.

Cheers.
    Ubert
  • @logicalfrank although I am 2 years late with my reply, if you still want seeds let me know and I will send them - sorry but after I originally posted this thread I went underground for a while.

Best.
    Ubert
  • @Ubert: Mail me your postal address and I'll sent you some. I have to say however that the seeds are 2 years old because I can't grow any tabacco near the mills.

Jaap Bes.

• I'm a member at fairtradetobacco.com we are heavily interested in growing tobacco there. One thing about growing tobacco is it is more addictive than taking tobacco!

Don't mess around with an entire growing season of questionable genetics, life is too short. We have a seed bank there that opens up before growing starts in the northern hemisphere with the largest privately held selection of genetics outside government facilities. If you want to get seeds now though I would recommend nwtseeds.com/seed_list.htm the owner of that site is a long time trusted member with the best selection of retail shops.

There is enough time to start reading and catch yourself up before the start of the growing season so you don't miss out on another year too.

I'll be doing 12 varieties at 10 plants each this year to rejuvenate some of my personal seed bank, and of course to make some snuff:)

As this site is the authority on snuff, that site is the authority on.. Well everything tobacco (except snuff- lol that's why I'm here too)
  • @snuffsahoy good advice! I am also registered on the tobacco site and I agree that growing has been both enjoyable and rewarding. The site is indeed a veritable gold mine of info.

I just made my own snuff from some scraps of black mammoth leaf I had left over from my last crop - turned out great.

I will be checking out the seed bank and getting a few plants going again this year.

What are you growing this year?

Best.

Ubert
  • I have been growing N Rustica now for two years. They are Hopi strains from northern Arizona. I make a green, plain snuff with the leaves. It isn't as flavorful as other tobaccos but it has a ton of nicotine. I even make insecticide with it!  They are easy to grow and don't mind temperature extremes. I live at 7500 ft in the mountains of Colorado and they do well here. I am planning to grow other types of tobacco this summer. Thanks for the info about the seed bank. I will check it out.
  • @mrmanos I have 100 each of Criollo 98, Del Gold, Turkish Izmir, Black Mammoth SS, and Virginian Gold. They're yours if you'd like them. PM me with your address and I'll get them out to you this week.
  • @Hitsuzen Hi There sounds good. I will send you a pm with the address.
    Can I offer you anything in return?

Best.

Ubert

• @mrmanos

Hi Mrmanos - Would love to try some of your snuff. If you are up for trading or have a few spare seeds let me know.

Cheers dude.

Ubert
  • I am interested in any seeds ,Tobacco ,Hot Peppers, Tomato, Winter Squash, Herbs and what ever others seeds I can stick in the ground.  :D
    It's not the having, it's the getting. Elizabeth Taylor

• @basement_shamen I'll see what I can do ???
  • I would love some seeds anyone got any
  • @revmatthew Yeah dude, check out earlier posts on this thread there is a link to the fair trade tobacco site. They are to baccy growing what snuffhouse.com is to taking it up the hooter. You get great advice, great contacts and good quality seeds. Please check them out coz it is the best place to go if you are thinking of growing. I would also ask the mods for this site to just put a link directly to the fair trade tobacco site under this thread and delete the rest of it - there is no point in reinventing the wheel... These guys are doing it and are serious about it. Good luck with your growing, it is fun and well worth the effort.
    Cheers.
    Ubert