Finest Quality Indian Snuffs

Accessories now in stock.Toque Snuffs

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Please consider helping to support the Snuffhouse forum.

New snuff from Sir Walter Scott

A sesame seed? A pea? A caterpillar?

sprangalangsprangalang Member
edited May 2012 in Snufftaking
Since there are discussions of how often, how much/day, etc, I was wondering how much people take at a shot. Myself, I have graduated to larger pinches, but the fine snuffs dictate a smaller amount. With the fine ones, a pea size hit is big for me. I tried snuffing a small line of Spanish Jewel, it about took my head off! The only snuffs of which I can handle fat lines, ie "caterpillars", are of the coarse moist ones, like Taxi Red. TR gives a nice head rush in this case.

Comments

• TroutstrokerTroutstroker Member
    edited May 2008 PM
    Depending on the snuff & my mood it could be from a peanut to almond or lima bean up to the size of a hot tamale candy per nostril.

This is around the average amount I use. Using Toque Chocolate as my model.

• bobbob Member
    I use much smaller pinchs about my snuff spoon full. For reference look at line 71 of http://snuffhouse.org/discussion/187/3/taking-snuff/ (yeah that is my spoon). Tend to split it between nostrils.
  • Thats a pretty heavy pinch by my standards, I use a pea size split between both nostrils, although pretty frequant.
  • Wow Trout, now that's a caterpillar all right! I can do that only with a very heavy, coarse snuff, like Taxi red. Do you take American ones like that too? You da man!
  • Yeah but I don't sniff dry/fine ones off the back of hand all at once but rather one pinch at a time.
This discussion has been closed.