Finest Quality Indian Snuffs

Buy Two get One FreeToque Snuffs

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Please consider helping to support the Snuffhouse forum.

Buy Two Get One Free

Eureka! Latakia!

I recently ran out of my old Latakia and found this fine source online. It's from the 1997 crop and is as mellow as Cyprian Latakia can get. I've got a generous portion aging with some other goodies for an upcoming snuff: The Balkan No. 1 which is Olde English Toast's coarser, moist dark cousin. It's going to take another few months, but it's showing promise.

http://wholeleaftobacco.com/Latakia-1997-Crop-year-Lat97.htm

Comments

• JustinJustin Moderator
    I've just looked at their UK site - I can't imagine why everyone isn't doing this. A pound of ready blended leaves and a cutter will cost you £52. You have to strip out the stems yourself, but even so, that should give you at least 300g of processed tobacco. I don't know how much a 25g packet of Golden Virginia is these days, but it must be more than the £4.35 you end up paying for each 25g portion doing it this way - and of course once you have the cutter it works out even cheaper. If I still smoked I'd be all over this site like a rash!
    "Reality," sa molesworth 2, "is so unspeakably sordid it make me shudder."
  • Pretty cool. I'm about to become their best customer. The Latakia is wonderful and brings back memories of the Syrian before the troubles. It has a sweet note way in the background, great smokiness and the tobacco still makes itself known.

The rest of the menus is also great. I've been using some of his Flue Cure Virginia in some of my new snuffs and it is great; grassy, semi-sweet and has a "crispness" that is hard to describe. They would make a very nice cigarette.

Cheers

PS I use an office type paper shredder. Cheap and effective. Mine cuts both strips and "confetti".