World's Largest Collection of Snuff Online
Finest Quality Indian Snuffs

Best selection of snuff and snuff related products in the UK.Toque Snuffs

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Please consider helping to support the Snuffhouse forum.

Coming soon...

guns, guns, guns...

Many cigar and pipe enthusiasts are firearms enthusiasts, and I imagine the same is true of snuff as well. Anyone have a favorite firearm? I wouldn't trade my Ruger SP101 .357 snub-nosed revolver for anything.

Comments

• I enjoy shooting too. Mainly .22 rifle and a .22 pistol.
  • Glock 19
  • @NoseWarmer definitely one of the most popular handguns on the market (with police, too)... I have yet to meet someone who didn't like it.
  • NoseWarmerNoseWarmer Member
    edited January 2015 PM
    When I was working overseas... I was a firearms instructor at a Police College... We would shoot over 300,000 a week between 750 students, every week... I never did see one Glock 19 fail...

Don't get me wrong, maybe a spring would break, loose a front sight, but those were easy fixes, and you could usually work around it until it went to the armory...

I've had mine since 2000...

Before that it was a Beretta 92F... (boat anchor)
  • Avid hunter and second amendment supporter here. My favorites are my ww1/ww2 battle rifles and pistols. M1 Garand, mk1 lee-enfield, remington-rand 1911A1, luger.
  • @SandwhichIsles I love my Colt 1911 Series 80... makes me look like I'm a much better shot than I actually am! My Dad's a big M1 fan; I've never been into rifles personally, more of a handgun person.
  • @NoseWarmer definitely one of the most popular handguns on the market (with police, too)... I have yet to meet someone who didn't like it.
    Now you can change that. I dislike Glocks , for me, every one I have shot has shot high due to the grip angle. I grew up on 1911's and my grip has evolved to that angle. I'll grant they work, I just can't comfortably shoot them.

My favorite gun of all time is the Colt Python. The lines, the blueing....just fantastic. Too bad they are priced so outrageously, I'd have a dozen.
  • I grew up with the 1911 also. It was a big change for me just to get used to the M92 when I joined the navy, let alone glocks and their ilk. Not knocking them, very well made, very good side arms. Just not for me.
  • I had a 218 Bee and 1897 riot shotgun once upon a time.
  • couple of air rifles.
  • My Glock 22 and trusty S&W 38 Airweight.

I too am a firearm instructor and learned long ago to never argue someone else over their preference nor try to force my opinions too much. I stand by the position that if it works for you- it works for you.

• Glock 19 and american arms .22/.22 mag derringer/ and my Enfield 308 which I did sell, was a mistake. :bz

• I too am a firearm instructor and learned long ago to never argue someone else over their preference nor try to force my opinions too much. I stand by the position that if it works for you- it works for you.

It almost runs into the religion/politics vein for us firearm enthusiasts. .45 vs anything less et cetera. I agree with you @SgtJon‌, if it works it works. The best sidearm is the one you have with you.

• I too am a firearm instructor and learned long ago to never argue someone else over their preference nor try to force my opinions too much. I stand by the position that if it works for you- it works for you.

It almost runs into the religion/politics vein for us firearm enthusiasts. .45 vs anything less et cetera. I agree with you @SgtJon‌, if it works it works. The best sidearm is the one you have with you.
    Absolutely. As with the other subjects you mentioned it becomes esoteric and bound by strongly held personal opinions- neither of which should I seek to change in someone else.

I remember the gruff I took when I started carrying a Glock; which was likened to Tactical Tupperware at the time. I found it worked for me and and that's all that mattered.
  • All that matters is that it's there when you need it. As a submariner we still had a couple of 1911's in the gun locker so I was able to strap on something I was comfortable with, but I caught flak for being old fashioned.
  • stogiestogie Member
    edited January 2015 PM
    I like my .22 but cannot find ammo, I mean anywhere...... It does get shipped in and then is sold out in minutes. This has been going on for years....I have not found any in 2 years - 11 months now with exception of 1 box of blanks. Just do not understand why....
  • Glock all the way for me!
  • I just bought a Springfeild XDS 9mm 3.3 for my concealed carry I love it!!
  • @franko954 nice! Shot one in .45 and liked it a lot. If I didn't have a Kahr CM9, I'd have the XDS.
  • I like my .22 but cannot find ammo, I mean anywhere...... It does get shipped in and then is sold out in minutes. This has been going on for years....I have not found any in 2 years - 11 months now with exception of 1 box of blanks. Just do not understand why....
    There was a surge in .22 cal chambered variants to the MP series and rifles that could pass for an M/AR-16, which provided the sex appeal at a fraction of the cost to buy and shoot. That and lots of folks tend to plink away with .22 versus 9mm, 40 cal, .38 or rifle rounds due to the cost- that and when folks get ammo they tend to stash it away.

When I was stateside we got several boxes of .223 for my father in-law at a very reasonable price, and in California of all places, though it was inland and north if that matters.
  • I've had pretty good luck with .22 in hawaii.
  • cstokes4cstokes4 Member, Moderator
    edited January 2015 PM
    Mossberg 500 12ga/Cobra Derringer .22Mag/Pietta 1858 Remington .454 Black Powder
  • Mossberg 500 12ga/Cobra Derringer .22Mag/Pietta 1858 Remington .454 Black Powder
    I have a 12 ga. too. Use it for Dove mainly, when I can, but it has been a few years which makes me sad. Just got too busy.

• cstokes4cstokes4 Member, Moderator
    Mine is solely for recreation/home defense. I've already pulled the plug out so if I want to go hunting I would have to get a new one.
  • Mine is solely for recreation/home defense. I've already pulled the plug out so if I want to go hunting I would have to get a new one.
    I would love to try clays if I could find a place to shoot and not make a fool out of myself. I moved away from the 12 ga. as my home defense now that I have a family for something with less chance of going through the walls. We all have different needs but mine was based on knockdown power vs potential accidental injury. Honestly anything will knock you down if it hits bone. Not to mention, if you have someone coming in with Kevlar, well I think you have bigger problems.

• Skell18Skell18 Moderator
    My Holland and Holland 12bore side by side my father gave me, from clays to game, it is my faithful friend.
  • Colt Defender with my Glock 19 a close second.
  • Could this be more American threat? ;)

I'm not a firearm enthusiast, but I do own a Browning .308 rifle and Winchester shotgun for hunting at my parents in Finland. We really never talked that much about the rifles back in the hunting club. The rifle was seen only as a necessary tool.
  • I don't have a favorite weapon in my case. I don't buy weapons I either don't have a use for or that I don't fully trust. I have all but one or two bases covered. As of right now I need a battle rifle in 7.62 NATO, I'm thinking an AR10 variant or Scout M1A. I also need another GLOCK, either another 17 or a 19. At that point I'll have everything I really need.
  • Ruger P89 9mm is my main pistol, followed by 1970 Ruger Standard Mark I, Pietta replica Colt 1851 .44, Thompson Center Renegade .50 caliber. I live in elk hunting country but just target shoot. Also shoot an old Marlin 30-30, and old Remington Model 121 Fieldmaster .22. I like to collect guns and guitars( maybe another thread).