Tons of specials all the time.Finest Quality Indian SnuffsToque Snuffs

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Please consider helping to support the Snuffhouse forum.

Odens and Siberia by the roll.

What do you 'do'?

Comments

• I work in the Bakken oil field in North Dakota. I specialize in wellhead equipment installation and maintenance. Fun work, demanding hours but physically pretty easy for the most part.
  • I like how eclectic the group is here. I am a former telecom field tech, but due to company slow downs and everything changing from copper to fibre (no real need to maintence/repair once installed), time to go back to school and get retrained for a second career.
  • I spent most of my life in the hotel/restaurant business working my way up from dishwasher/dive on up through the ranks to executive chef, food and beverage director and general manager in hotels and resorts.  Got sick of that shit and detoured into the corporate executive chef/director of research and development for major food companies.

When my back gave out due to arthritis I sat on my ass feeling sorry for myself for a while when it dawned on me that all the snuff I was making for myself might be welcomed by the snuff community, so I started sending out samples.  Now I'm back to my "normal" self, working long hours, making snuff, coming up with new snuff concepts, filling tins and orders and generally having a great f____ng time.  

My creativity is back, which means I get up at Zero Dark Thirty, make coffee, head up to the mill to wake up Chloe the Maine Coon Guard Kitty and get down to whatever's on the day's agenda.  I 'work' about 12-14 hours a day, six days a week.  If it's fun, it ain't work. 

This is fun.  It ain't work.  I've met some of the nicest, most interesting, and interested, people since this thing started.  It's a f____ng hoot emailing folks from all walks of life, all over the world and all connected by the love and enjoyment that comes from shoving tobacco powder up our noses.  This is too fun to even mention the word "work" in the same paragraph.
  • @chefdaniel, your mention of Zero Dark Thirty reminded me of this really good coffee blend, highly recommended:

and we all thank you for "having a great f____ng time"
  • Hi @Mouse  Happy New Year to you and Minnie.

There's a pound of that coffee on its way to Tennessee...it sounds just like my cup of...coffee. If I like it as much as I think I will I'll bump that order up to a five pound bag o' beans; not a chance of it getting stale around here.

No thanks needed, having a great f____ng time is enough reward in itself.  I'm almost to the point that my f__k ups aren't that bad, and when I get some more inventory built up I'll make a big batch of WTF? snuff and send it out.  That last one was pretty good, and all the mid ribs in there made for a nice Vitamin N experience.  I'm so far behind now it won't be coming out until spring, but should be worth the wait.

Cheers
  • I'm a college student studying environmental science.
  • Mortgage Broker in Albuquerque, NM
  • EMT by night, and run a woodshop by day. All walks of life indeed!!
  • I've been a carpenter since the mid 90's and for the past 10 years I have been working doing scaffolding.
    I like this much better than drywall/ interior systems.
  • I work as a security guard at a big factory.
  • I'm an auto paint tech.. Just a fancy way of saying I paint cars. Makes it seem more glorifying. Lol. Other than that I try to go fishing as much as I can.
  • Licensed electrical contractor. I am also working on a degree at the moment. Worked as an electronics tech in the 1990s. Work in residential, commercial and industrial electrical at the moment. Some days are clean and easy and some days I have to crawl around under a house or in an attic. 
  • Self Employed, I owned and operated a Fence Company for 35 years , I am now disabled & retired. G'Day
    If It Ain't Broke Don't Fix It!
  • This was a great thread to read through ... so much diversity!  I've been a Clinical Laboratory Scientist for 22 years now ... started with test tubes and bunsen burners and now everything is robotics and software.  
  • I do computery things at a "major" "entertainment company".  Oracle front-end administration, IT risk management, user management, etc.
  • I'm getting too old to carry on throwing steel around at the laser shop, so I've spent the last few months fitting out a spare room as a dental lab. How I went from a dental tech to a laser op in the first place is a long and sorry tale of woe but I've had my fill of the latter.
  • AamonAamon Member
    edited September 2016 PM

• AamonAamon Member
    edited September 2016 PM

• Currently I'm a nurse. I've also done a lot before.
  • RogueRogue Member, Administrator
    edited September 2016 PM
    So it has come to my attention that snufftakers tend to be very flexible in areas other than tobacco aswell.
    Ive never met so many people in one place, all of them doing a lot of different things.
    Imagine if we met up IRL and decided to work on some project; we would have engineers, managers, technicians and so on. Its simply amazing.
    Whats more amazing is that one person could take all of those positions!

• Worked all my life in engineering, but also dabbled in some other interesting avenues. Now in my early 40's I've been stricken with a spinal problem which has left me unable to work. I'm just starting on the medical voyage of discovery to uncover the full extent of the problem, and determine what lifestyle changes need making.
  • Good luck, 50ft_trad. I got hit with rheumatoid arthritis in 2008. Likely not as bad as what you are dealing with, but it almost did me in. A combination of pharmaceutical science and dietary changes helped me.

Hang in there. You never know what tomorrow will bring.

Maybe you can find a way to use your engineering in another way.
  • I've actually been working for a yacht building company for over a year now. We manufacture every part by hand except for the engines and such. If you have ever watched Wicked Tuna: OBX on Discovery Channel, the Fishin' Frenzy is one of ours and Cliff who was helping the Hard Merchandise is one of my bosses.
  • I work for the post office. Its fun except when its 120 in the socal desert.
  • RogueRogue Member, Administrator
    @Gunmedic Do you ever come across a package full of snuff? And if you do, do you perform quality control for the recipient? You know..just to make sure its good

• I wish that was my job:
    Snuff quality control and testing
  • I live in the west side of Texas. Who can guess what I do?
  • @Llo- you are either in the military or a meth manufacturer and/or dealer.
  • LloLlo Member
    edited October 2016 PM
    @psicko that made me laugh, not that far west. Here is a hint. Guess which one.IMG_0079
  • Sorry, don't know why it is upside down