Finest Quality Indian Snuffs

Buy Two get One FreeToque Snuffs

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Please consider helping to support the Snuffhouse forum.

Buy Two Get One Free

Need Some Help; Portion Packs, Chew Bags, Pouches... Whatever you want to call them...

OK, so I'm kind of in the dilemma...

I've been using smokeless tobacco sense I was bout 13-14 years old... As some have read in a previous topic that I started, I have basically tried all US brand smokeless tobacco; Leaf, Plug, Rope (Twist), Loose Dip and quite a few Pouches....

I have also dabbled in a few international smokeless tobaccos; Oliver Twist and General for the most part.

Now the dilemma...

I quit for about two years quiet a few years back, it was one of the hardest things that I have done, other than surviving 3 years in the Middle East...

My wife is a dental assistant and she keeps on my a** about chewing... I have yet to quit again after 15 years...

She has said to me that she wouldn't harp so bad if I would consider using pouches (to keep the tobacco out of my teeth).

I can't find a pouch that satisfied like loose dip does...

Can anyone point me into a direction of any pouches that will possibly satisfy like Copenhagen or Grizzly Premium Natural?

Cope pouches don't even do it for me...

Comments

• Any of the Strong/Extra Strong snus should get it done for you. Odens Extreme, Thunder Ultra , if those two don't do it, then you're outta luck. :-O
  • NoseWarmerNoseWarmer Member
    edited January 2015 PM
    @bigmick, Thank you for the reply... How is the flavor on those two?
  • I'll second Oden's Extreme. Not only flavorful and full of nic, but far more moist than most portions as well.

You may also want to try Jakobsson's. It's not as heavy in nicotine, but still very moist and a bit sweeter tasting, as I understand American dip to be (never tried it personally).
  • Pouches don't do it for me. I like loose snus but I see your dilemma, you should check on a snus forum for the strongest portions available. Or bag your own Blends http://www.snusory.com/prillan-portion-bags-empty-200-pcs.html
    My knowledge is worthless if not shared and applied . "Joseph McKenna"  
  • Pouches don't do it for me. I like loose snus but I see your dilemma, you should check on a snus forum for the strongest portions available. Or bag your own Blends http://www.snusory.com/prillan-portion-bags-empty-200-pcs.html
    @basement_shaman‌, thank you for the link, I might give this ago... Kind of like a RYO :D
  • don't forget to get the injector; http://www.snusory.com/accessories/prillan-portions-spritze-snus-spruta.html
    unless you have a portioning tool already
  • don't forget to get the injector; http://www.snusory.com/accessories/prillan-portions-spritze-snus-spruta.html
    That's the cheap part :)

• Yes it cheap, that is the way I roll. If you do order get several bags for shipping savings. They also have a nice selection of snuff
  • I have found The Lab 13 to be a flavorful portion snus with a strong nicotine hit. I've got the Odens and Thunder portions too. All good. No tooth staining that I've noticed, and best of all, no need to spit.
  • @bigmick, Thank you for the reply... How is the flavor on those two?
    Odens and Thunder Ultra come in several flavors. If it's a flavor you like it's good. ;) Honestly good flavor is such a subjective subject, I can't guess which or if you'll like them.
    I'm a fan of Odens, but that's mainly because they offer some non minty flavors. All the Thunder Ultra have a mint flavor, either in your face like Frosted or more in the background like the Raspberry. I like Thunder Original, Oden's Extreme Original and Licorice.

I've been pretty happy with these fill yer own pouches. I like Roda Lacket los more than the pre-made portions and these work well, they work fine with courser grinds as well. My guess would 2.5 grams is about all you can get in one......no need to seal the open end, just give it lick and and it holds together. I use use a piece of plastic straw I've modified to fill them.

• I've been wondering about using those 'ryo' portions myself, any good? Northerner was out of stock when I last ordered. Cant use los much even though I prefer it since I'm looking for work, and I usually just leave a portion in till I feel like I need new, it juices too much or los slides. Stopped sleeping with them in now though... The dribble stains come out with effort... Spending over an hour in pain before needing to be up because I swallowed two extra Strongs in my sleep is something I don't want to repeat.

As for OP, I found nothing to be as physically comforting as loose dip or snus, but the extra or ultra strong snus varieties should help as stated above. Be more comfortable in the knowledge that Swedish snus isnt so bad for your health too.
  • Again, thank you for all great the replies...

Great information... I like the idea of making my own for the pure fact that I can load the bag like I load my lip... Kind of :)
  • So until my MYO portion packs come, I'm starting to revisit some of the pouches that are offered at our local retail stores...

I bought a container of General Nordic Mint tonight...

Aroma is nice, the flavor is a lot sweeter than I remember, more than others that I have tried in the past and after stuffing two in my lip, I decided that I could get away with one... It's making quite a bit of juice at this point...