Finest Quality Indian Snuffs

Best selection of snuff and snuff related products in the UK.Toque Snuffs

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Please consider helping to support the Snuffhouse forum.

Worldwide distributor of the finest in snuff, chew, RYO, pipe, accessories and much more.

Toque - Payments processing problems

We are currently having a problem with our payment processing and don't think we will have it fixed until late next week. Sorry for any inconvenience.
Roderick

Comments

• That's a sign of the apocalypse, I think it's in Revelations right after the dragon rises out of the sea, it said something about that.

Hope you get it fixed soon Roderick. Not for our sake, for yours.
  • Thanks Pincher, we will, it's only a blip.
  • @Roderick - any way to determine whether our order went through? Placed an order October 10th for Pumpkin ... i am assuming it went through. Cheers and thanks for the great flavors!
  • Oh man. I was looking at placing an economy order this morning. I noticed the prices were not converting to U.S. Dollars for me. I guess I just won't order....
  • Thanks lunecat. Only stopping orders going through from today. I imagine it won't be sorted till next week.
  • thanks, @lunecat ... i had checked online prior, actually, but was wondering if it was offering me "false-positives" on my status ... Roderick has answered that question. thank you both.
  • Skell18Skell18 Moderator
    balls was about to place an order too! @Roderick are you supplying GQ Tobaccos with snuff? I forgot to ask Glynn to stock toque but he got everything else I asked for, it may tide me over until you get sorted.
  • @Roderick, is this only a minor problem or is there a security risk that we need to be aware of?

Just wanting to make sure
  • No security risk, it's just big brother telling us what we can and can't sell. We'll have it sorted shortly.
  • K thx for letting us know. Hope it all gets sorted out.
  • @Roderick, I was on the verge of putting in another order. I'll delay it for now. I imagine that having scared us all so dramatically, you'll be kind enough to make another announcement here when it's fixed?
  • I am so sorry guys, this is being a right pain and I can't see it being fixed quickly. I will of course post when we're up and running.
  • Your pain is our pain, (political/moral opinion deleted)
  • Any sign of light at the end of the tunnel? I have lots of money for you roderick! Lol
  • Yes, we hope to be back up but, not until the end of the week. I will of course keep you posted.
  • @Roderick any updates on this? it still says card payments are not working on your website. this seems like an age for a business to go without being able to sell anything - have you any alternative payment methods set up? hope nothing terrible is happening
  • Notlix, Yes it's been 2 weeks. We have a number of irons in the fire and the first to offer us tobacco processing will get our business. We have 4 who say they will do it but they are taking so long, it's infuriating. I am switching all my cards to Visa as I hate MasterCard's communist attitude of we don't like it so we're going to stop you selling it, even if it is a legal product. Companies like MasterCard who are restricting free enterprise have no place in a capitalist society.
  • @Roderick Have you considered making a temporary switch to Paypal to get you through this interim period?
  • JustinJustin Moderator
    edited November 2013 PM
    @Roderick What about direct transfer? If you gave customers your sort code and account number they could transfer funds directly via BACS. It would certainly work for UK customers.
    "Reality," sa molesworth 2, "is so unspeakably sordid it make me shudder."
  • @Bizzle Just like MasterCard PayPal wants nothing to do with tobacco products.
  • Bacs is a good back up. What do you guys in the States use? We have Iban and bic as well as a dollar account.
  • UK customers are emailing us with what they want and we're sending with an invoice. Then customers are paying by Cheque or Bacs. It's a stop gap until we get our card system back. However, on the continent they regularly pay like that.
  • Maybe Western Union, but the service fee to send money might make it unfeasible.
  • The US also uses ACH - Automated Clearing House
  • I believe ACH processes also have to be done through a processor. I gather he is in between them at the moment. I hope it all works out soon for you Roderick!
  • WOS use World Pay.
  • I'd go with Worldpay Rodders...
  • Thanks guys. We are going with streamline Visa but, no Mastercard. We are also looking at alternative international payments for countries like Germany where online payments by card represent only 10%.
  • VISA works for me!
  • Glad to hear it @Roderick