Finest Quality Indian Snuffs

Best selection of snuff and snuff related products in the UK.Toque Snuffs

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Please consider helping to support the Snuffhouse forum.

Worldwide distributor of the finest in snuff, chew, RYO, pipe, accessories and much more.

Resignation

How does one go about resigning from this once pleasant forum? Please advise.

Comments

• You don't resign. You cool off for a bit and come back. But more importantly you don't let the things people say on the internetz drive you away. Besides, you're a valued member.
  • GrimGrim Member
    I've been a member of several forums and I must admit that this one and a pipe smoking forum I once frequented are by far the best online.

I had my run in way back when with one person on here that seemed to purposefully try to agitate ppl, then would go back and change his posts so he looked the victim. Thankfully, that user is now banned.

One thing you must realize is this is the Internet. We are ppl behind screens saying whatever we want without fear of repercussions. Everyone is 10 feet tall n bulletproof. If you ever find yourself in an argument or disagreement in a forum just leave for a few days because arguing with an idiot online only makes you a bigger idiot.

Log off, cool off, come back later . We aren't going anywhere.
  • ThunderbirdThunderbird Member
    edited July 2014 PM
    Good advice, I'm an avid forum user and this is one of the most friendly, helpful and least full of a-holes.

A word of warning, flouncing out is one thing, flouncing back in is quite another and not easy. As said above, cool off for a bit.
  • I'd miss your posts on your snuff making efforts. And you've guided me to some good toasts over the time I've been here. So I'm hoping you'll get over whatever pissed you off without leaving.
  • @chefdaniel Not thinking of leaving us are you ....:( or is it a theoretical question I hope.
  • @chefdaniel - Don't let it get to you buddy. There's always people like that occasionally on on-line forums; they don't tend to stay around long, just try and get there rise from winding people up, get bored when other members get wise to them, and the dissapear again. To my mind you're a valued member of this little community. Plus I had to look up 'Bloviation'!! ;-)
  • Thank you all. I've calmed down now and I've decided not to let one idiot chase me away from my favorite forum. So you'll have to put up with me for the foreseeable future. Besides, I've got snuff to make and a fly fishing forum isn't much help there, eh?

Thanks again.
  • Thank you all. I've calmed down now and I've decided not to let one idiot chase me away from my favorite forum. So you'll have to put up with me for the foreseeable future. Besides, I've got snuff to make and a fly fishing forum isn't much help there, eh?

Thanks again.
    Glad you're staying. But...why would you fish for flies? :(|)
  • @Kiwi78‌ For the challenge. Tough to find the proper bait, but I've heard dog shit works well. What do you think?
  • i've only belonged for a few days and i find chefdaniel to be a fascinating, cultured and most knowlegeable gentleman. i'm glad i'll keep learning from him.
  • I'm going fly fishing on Friday.
  • Try dog shit. I hear you can catch a lot of flies with that :))
  • Try dog shit. I hear you can catch a lot of flies with that :))
    I hear some manufacturers try to pass it off as something called snuff but that could just be a rumour... >:)
  • I've heard of this thing you call snuff. Do you mean to tell me it isn't dogshit?
  • Agreed. Glad you are staying on with us chefdaniel. Try not to let that idiot get you worked up. You are an essential component - and requisite member - necessary for the continuance of this forum. Without you this forum would, I foresee, suffer the same fate as the Mary Celeste. Though you have been here merely a while, you have proven to be a paragon of culture and class. Your permanence makes we weep with joy. :)
  • I can definitely see the advantage to having a "block" function, so that any member can avoid seeing the posts of another member, if they so choose.
This discussion has been closed.