Black Friday All Week. Finest Quality Indian SnuffsToque Snuffs

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Please consider helping to support the Snuffhouse forum.

Black Friday Sale On Now.

Maccoboy in 2017

Comments

• OK, SandwichIsles.
  • Interested in this if you'll have any extras.
  • @noidea1263 We should have. I requested a case of 12. I am keeping one and we have a few others accounted for. Once we hit 12, that's it unless people want more.
  • @JosephJames sweet. Looking forward to trying a can.
  • MrSnuffMrSnuff Administrator
    I would love to get Maccoboy back in stock. I would happily by 3 master cases for starters (432 units). I currently have to buy the other US snuffs from a retailer 6 hours drive away. Driving to Georgia would be a vacation.... I'll have to work on the wife for that one.

If anybody can help I would be much obliged. Basically I would need to know who is selling it; arrange payment; then if someone could pick it up on my behalf and stick some shipping labels on for me (which I would provide) that would be it.

Grab a couple of cans and the eternal gratitude of the forum members (me included) for your effort. :)

Dave
  • @MrSnuff the blue ridge tobacco wholesaler linked in this thread has it. They won't sell to me but would probably sell to you. The lady I spoke with on the phone said they sell to retailers only. She is very helpful and was the person who answered the number on the website.

If you can get them to sell to you, I could pick it up. I am close to Georgia and might be able to have the salesman for the northern counties meet me. It would be easy enough to take them to the post office and mail.

Just let me know what you need done.
  • So happy we're getting close to having Maccoboy available to the snuffhouse world!  If anyone hasn't tried it, it is absolutely unique and wonderful.  It's dark and moist, with a grind similar to Checkerberry.  It's a relic of a bygone day, when nasal snuff was far more common.  It has a lovely rose scent that is not overpowering, plus a formidable nicotine kick.

It would make me very happy if we could generate enough interest in this snuff to keep it going.  Kudos to @JosephJames for helping with this.

• @josephjames I would like to express my thanks as well and keep us informed of when you get ahold of it. This is one I've been interested in for a long time.
  • JosephJamesJosephJames Member
    edited January 20 PM
    If all goes well, the case I requested will be at a gas station in Murphy, NC by next Friday.

I just looked at the snuff category. They have a variety. They even have Mammoth Cave twist chewing tobacco!
  • I bought an unopened 5oz glass jar of this on eBay a couple years back. It was dried out, but after rehydrating it, it was pretty good. Whatever rose scent it had was long gone, but it was still almost a rappee, made with dark, rich tobacco. I'd love to see what a fresh batch is like. I live in Colorado, which is snuff desert. My local smoke shop carries Toque USA and Silver Dollar, but when I asked if they'd cosider carrying some of the Swisher snuffs, since they sell their cigars, the owner just flat out told me, "No!" She didn't even know what nasal snuff was. when I took out a tin of Crumbs of Comfort and proceeded to take a gentlemanly pinch, she just looked at me like I was out of my mind! Sorry for the off topic rant, but I couldn't help myself.
  • @mrmanos, at least you get toque usa. I only have silver dollar and Garrett sweet available locally.
  • Just got the phone call! Going Saturday to pick it up. $52.50 for the case! The snotty lady at the other store wanted twice that.

Maccaboy is back! 11 cans will go to people who asked in the thread for it. One for me. If we run out, I can always get more.
  • That's great. Can't wait to try the fabled maccoboy.
  • I plan on going Saturday. Murphy is about 70 miles from me, as I recall. I sure hope I heard her correctly at $52.50 for the case.
  • OK, folks. I have my directions and am set to leave at 6AM.

As of now, all 12 tins are accounted for. I am going to see if they would ship it to me in the future. The trip is 2 hours one way.
  • A 4 hour round trip for a can of snuff :-O
    That's determination for you! ^:)^
  • Well, it's the fabled Maccaboy, so Barkis is willing.
  • So stoked...
  • One goes to Uncle Squinty. Perhaps he will do a review.
  • @josephjames Once you've figured out the offset per can and shipping shoot me a pm and we'll work out details.
  • Will do.
  • OK. Got it. I took a nice, scenic drive through Nantahala.

The pocket bottles are neat. I can't get photos to post on the forum, so I had to make a link (below).

I opened my bottle. Dark, coarser than most American snuff. The rose scent takes a backseat to the tobacco but is there. Plenty of nicotine in this.

The store owner is willing to mail it to me next time, which is a good sign.

https://goo.gl/photos/Y9DH36RdrTC4ZGyP9
  • Awesome. The bottles are interesting, very old timey.
  • Is it still moist and fluffy (i.e. reasonably fresh)?
  • Yes! Very moist and fluffy. Just stopped for a bio break and grabbed a big pinch.

This snuff+scenic drive+music=elated me. Good nicotine bump from this. Depressed people should toss the SSRIs, grab a good, high nicotine snuff and put on some music.
  • Super cool of you to make the effort, @JosephJames  I'd definitely be interested in joining the next purchase.
  • @SHbickel Absolutely. I plan on buying 1 or 2 cases within the next 2 weeks. I will certainly send you some.
  • JosephJamesJosephJames Member
    edited January 29 PM
    Cost per tin is $4.68, includes tax. Shipping is $4 and that covers the shipping envelope I buy at the post office. When yours goes out, I will message you the tracking number.

• I'm behind the eight ball with work and school this week. I will be mailing everything out Monday, Tuesday at the latest. Thank you for your patience.
  • @JosephJames, cool! let me know, I sent you a PM