Black Friday All Week. Finest Quality Indian SnuffsToque Snuffs

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Please consider helping to support the Snuffhouse forum.

Black Friday Sale On Now.

DIY snuff spoons

2»

Comments

• Here's my spoon it's made from mesquite using a dremel for the shaping. still need to bees wax it. it's my little jack-ass and it stands.
    Thats impressive!!! I plan on widdling one myself soon!
  • I got bored last night so here it is. Went with the standard shape bc I just used a pocket knife and sand paper
  • It's made from Japanese Maple
  • I've been trying recently to carve some spoons or pipe tampers to little or no success, here's a photo of what's come out so far, some is beach finds some were just from sticks I've come across in the park whilst smoking a pipe.

The most useful is the one with the metal scoop on it, my favourite looking one is the drift wood with a gnarly end.

On a related note a friend of mine who isn't on the forum has started making snuff spoons, he turns them on his lathe and is sending me one to try out, looks like this:

It's cherry wood and also serves as a tamper. He's selling them now on Etsy if anyone is interested here. They are around $5 I think.

A question I have is how can I make the spoon part more round when I only have knives and sandpaper?

Cheers, Ben
  • I use a cuticle pusher but am in the market for a proper spoon of a similar size. Would prefer a posh silver spoon with a fire breathing dragon engraved upon it. Or maybe a nudie woman with big booby doos :D
  • I am using a wooden stirrer you get from coffee shops!
  • I am using a wooden stirrer you get from coffee shops!
    I still think these make awesome snuff spoons, and free too!
  • !I still think these make awesome snuff spoons, and free too!

And I have found that they can be used most of the tap boxes too!

• @WhATdIdUjUsTsNiFf thank you for the compliment.
  • here's a simple one--- if you look close, you can see where my son Ian (when he was only 6 years old-- he's 14 now) carved a Bishop out of this little stick of Hazel nut tree--- Henry Lauder's Walking Stick, to be precise... Anyhow, got to needing a snuff spoon for my TPS Madras and White Elephant snuff(s)--- so I carved a little one at the end. Not too spectacular, but has meaning given that Ian did this for me :)
  • This may be in the wrong thread but I can't find the one where I heard this: I saw somewhere on the forum a mention of the green plastic coffee stirrers at Starbucks being great for a snuff spoon, so I picked one up today when I got my coffee. Other than that I always just use a pipe tool's scraper.
  • A new one that I just started using, a chap stick canister that has been cleaned out (to not effect the aroma of the snuff). Use it to hold the snuff, utilized the cap to sniff. A two-in-one function, cheap, practical and one of the best ideas I have had in a while.
  • I just flattened the wide end of a bamboo chopstick from Chinese takeout and shortened it some. Works great.
  • This golf tee sat on my desk taunting me all through last winter, I finally went at it with a knife and made it a more useful tool for the season.
  • newbiesnuffernewbiesnuffer Member
    edited February 4 PM
    This is the kind of snuff spoon (or spatula, if you'd like to call it that) that I made by using sandpaper on an ice-cream stick. The box doesn't qualify as a DIY, but just wished to share. It is a small plastic box in which I keep 3-4 grams of snuff. You can pinch it or take it with a spoon. Handy and keeps it simple for me, since I have to make do with it for the lack of accessories for snuff available in the open market. IMG_20170205_004841
  • I use a pen cap at work