Black Friday All Week. Finest Quality Indian SnuffsToque Snuffs

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Please consider helping to support the Snuffhouse forum.

Black Friday Sale On Now.

Maccoboy in 2017

13»

Comments

• Did I make the cut for this order?
  • Add my interest for now or latter order. I'll be happy with just one or two bottles.
    I have a "get me by amount" but some fresh for future festivities would really make me happy.
  • @Psicko Yes. I counted everyone up through the thread. You are in.
  • @nicmizer I will be getting more.
  • @JosephJames thanks a bunch. Let me know what I have to do on my part.
  • JosephJamesJosephJames Member
    edited February 18 PM
    Uncle Squinty reviews it.

• Hawaiian_RyanHawaiian_Ryan Member, Moderator
    Lmk if get more.I'm interested in getting some (Maccaboy).
  • Just got my maccoboy because I forgot to check the mail yesterday. This was unfortunately completely underwhelming for me. I sometimes make my own snuff from copenhagen moist snuff and this has almost the exact same scent, texture and strength. I would be hard pressed to tell a difference, cope possibly has a little more barnyard... maybe. This is still a great snuff I was just hoping for something I couldn't have made myself. On the upshot it proves (to me) the evolution of American maccoboy/rappee into American moist snuff. Also, if you want to enjoy Maccoboy and can't get ahold of any then buy a can of copenhagen snuff, leave the top off overnight and run it through a decent quality espresso grinder.
  • I used Copenhagen for about 20 years. I didn't notice a similarity.

Ah, well. We all have different tastes.
  • I have some maccaboy ( RR ) from the early seventies, can't wait to compare!
  • ^
    ^
    ^
    Not!
    Maccoboy is not a gutter snuff.

IMG_20170220_202350

Old school. One on left is full unopened, Lorillard is 98% full and on right is 50%.
  • Copenhagen is largely geranium flavoured/scented, as opposed to rose.
  • @nicmizer friggin awesome! I just bought one of the Lorillard bottles on Etsy
  • I just got mine today. It didn't smell like Copenhagen at all to me. Not really sure what it smelled like. It didn't smell like rose either.
  • nicmizernicmizer Member
    edited February 22 PM
    Don't even associate the two. Whoever thinks Copenhagen is anything resembling Maccoboy needs their head examined!
    Or should I say their nose! (or both).
  • @JosephJames, @nicmizer
    The lorrilard Maccaboy is insane.
    I'm really enjoying the fresh RR. Very similar to the original but more flavor intense ( and moist of course )
  • I will just say that we all have different tastes and scent is supposed to be the biggest thing for memory association. So, I can see where someone might make that association, but I didn't.

That is why we have so many varieties of snuff :)
  • @nicmizer No reason to resort to namecalling. @SandwhichIsles and I may disagree on politics, but every person is free to smell what they smell.