Finest Quality Indian Snuffs

Best selection of snuff and snuff related products in the UK.Toque Snuffs

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Please consider helping to support the Snuffhouse forum.

Worldwide distributor of the finest in snuff, chew, RYO, pipe, accessories and much more.

CBD snuff - McChrystal's Green & Original

volungevolunge Member
McChrystal's just launched their O&G complimented with 20 mg of CBD per 8.75 g tin - GREEN & ORIGINAL.

Available only in Switzerland and Germany for the meantime.

Comments

• I want
  • KebAMPKebAMP Member

How efficiently CBD can be absorbed by the nose? That is the question...
    Usually oils do not penetrate very well any type of skin or mucous.

• mrmanosmrmanos Member
    You know, I've grown cannabis for a long time. I live in Colorado where it's legal. I make salves, tinctures, infused oil, etc. I can't possibly imagine taking cbd in the nose and getting any effect at all. I think it's just a shot at the burgeoning market. In my town we have cbd cat anxiety drops, you can even get it at Walmart. I love McChrystals O and G, we have it locally. In fact it's the only nasal snuff here! But cbd is over the top in my opinion.
  • rostanfrostanf Member
    I wonder if lecithin would increase or enable absorption.
  • volungevolunge Member
    Having no experience with pure CBD oil, I was wondering what 20 mg actually means and ran a quick search. The usual CBD oil dosage in various indications ranges from 1 to 20 mg 1-2 times a day. There's a 2.28 mg of oil in 1 g of G&O, and such amount is capable of producing therapeutical effect. https://bluecloud.org/cbd-oil-dosage-explained/

@KebampIt Regarding absorption efficiency, oral mucosal absorption of CBD (tinctures) is a thing - sublingual administration is considered to be one of the most effective methods. Moreover, it is possible to convert CBD into water soluble form (mist) for nasal absorption http://www.nasadol.com/.

@mrmanos Sure, CBD is trendy nowadays. The first batch of G&O sold out flash-fast at snuffstore.de.
  • mrmanosmrmanos Member
    @rastanf Lecithin only works in your stomach, not the nose.
  • mrmanosmrmanos Member
    CBD has no effect on your senses, like thc does. I can't really think of any possible reason to add it to snuff other than the fact that it's very popular. I've made tinctures from pot I grew with a high level of cbd but never could detect anything mentally. If rubbed into the skin, yeah it helped soreness but no other effects.
  • rostanfrostanf Member
    @mrmanos I'm not entirely sure about lecithin absorption nasally but it is is used as a mucoadhesive in some nasal sprays. It is a surfactant and a phospholipid. Here's an exerpt from a medical journal and a link with info on a nasal preparation with lecithin.
    "Surface active agents, or surfactants, are amphiphilic molecules possessing both lipophilic and hydrophilic residues. Surfactants have various applications in pulmonary drug administration, due to their high interfacial activity; one of which is as an absorption enhancer. Surfactants can enhance
    absorption with more than one mechanism; these include perturbing the cell membrane by leaching of
    membrane proteins, opening of tight junctions, or preventing enzymatic degradation of the drugs
    These surfactants are mainly used and studied in oral drug administration; however, there have been
    a few studies looking at their application in nasal and pulmonary drug delivery. Surfactants used
    as absorption enhancers can be classified as; (A) phospholipids, (B) bile salts, (such as sodium
    taurocholate etc.), (C) non-ionic surfactants, (D) salt of fatty acids, and (E) alkyl glycosides
    (e.g., tetradecylmaltoside, N-lauryl-b-d-maltopyranoside etc.)" https://www.hindawi.com/journals/ja/2014/146280/
  • volungevolunge Member
    Just FIY: "[..]CBD-drug interactions may be problematic in some cases. CBD and other plant cannabinoids can potentially interact with many pharmaceuticals by inhibiting the activity of cytochrome P450,
    a family of liver enzymes. This key enzyme group metabolizes most of
    the drugs we consume, including more than 60 percent of marketed meds."