Best Service - Great Selection - Always Low Prices
Finest Quality Indian Snuffs

Sir Walter Scott snuffs back in stockSnuv: Herbal Range

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Please consider helping to support the Snuffhouse forum.

Sir Walter Scott back in stock

why not date?

How come nobody has a production or batch date on their products? I think it would be helpful for the consumer.

Comments

• Some Indian companies do have dates
    My knowledge is worthless if not shared and applied . "Joseph McKenna"  
  • WOS do, JH Wilson do and I suspect GH do also. But yes I agree? why don't the others? Just one of many questions thatcould be posed in the strange world of snuff.
  • @nicmizer: Some thirty years ago there ware no dates on any product. It started with pershable products, which makes sense. But lots of products can kept for months or even years without any problems, if kept in a dry cool place. Think of biscuits, flour, spices, pickles and vinegar. When I bought some table salt recently, I noticed that even that had a date on the package!

I guess tobacco(products) escaped this craze because they do not fall in the category foodstuffs.

However the legislation in some countries (for instance Germany) demand a production date or lot number on packages. As for Germany we also put a lot number, which actually is the production date, on our packages.
    The problem is the adjustment of the labels. For every new batch a new label.

Jaap Bes.
  • I just know that I have some of your snuff that is close to 10 years old and is fine as it has been stored appropriately. No date needed as you stated. Bulk storage has mostly been successful for me.
  • the mini tins off my chrystals have a made on date