Best Service - Great Selection - Always Low Prices
Finest Quality Indian Snuffs

American Dry SnuffsSnuv: Herbal Range

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Please consider helping to support the Snuffhouse forum.

Classic Tin-Same Great Taste

What's In Your Nose? #13

Comments

• ^^^ I think it's Kailash that one. I might have some of that somewhere maybe...
  • Poschl Gletscher Prise
  • Haven't looked for the 6 Photo Kailash yet, so first pinch of the day is some vintage Helme's Wild Cherry Sweet Scoth - Could well end up being an American snuff day today, as no hunting in the spare room is required, they're all in the sideboard in the front room ;)
  • No sooner had I posted when who could that be wrapping.at the door of my Chambers? Why it's the postman with a delightful parcel of new snuffs! So: first pinch of SWS Aged Border Rapee, and my first impressions are that it's exceptional and will be a rotation regular :)
  • Hmmm... F&T's Princes 8-} Didn't take the sage advice of my peers in terms of appropriate snuff storage techniques with my last medium tin (sadly moulded right through), this new tin that arrived today; WOW! I might be able to last till the end of my tenure on SWS & F&T TBF...
  • @MisterPaul, it's not mold, but salts. Same happens to Santo Domingo, especially when stored in original tins. Not the best example in this photo, just an initial stage of the process: https://www.reddit.com/r/nasalsnuff/comments/door3d/this_isnt_good_mold_in_my_santo_domingo/ . In this stage it's still possible to cleanse the snuff picking out those white flecks, but further on cleansing would be impossible.
  • WoS Plain
  • Sws field of junipers
  • Patchouli
  • SG Firedance
  • OmgromaOmgroma Member
    edited September 12 PM
    Toque Spruce with White Elephant and SG Kendal Brown Original
    @MisterPaul sad about the London Brown … one of my absolute favourites!
  • Irish No. 22 + Viking Blonde (1:1)
  • @omgroma - Yeah... That was my GOAT snuff tbf :( 

I'm consoling myself with Rapee's still due to that starting the day with Samuel Gawith's Black Rapee. 

• 1:1 Toque bespoke Jasmine and SWS Latakia Blend. Pretty much the same as F&T Ashtaroth as far as I can remember.
  • Jip
  • Toast and Marmalade
  • 6P No.66.
  • @volunge - I didn't know they even still made that, Jip was my first try at snuff in my early teens :)) Strongly scented as I recall. Final BB pinch for me now with F&T's French Carotte
  • WoS Royal George - shower scrub and shave today; and a pinch of Royal George was a lovely conclusion to that ritual :)
  • Viking Blonde, WoS Plain, KBO and M.G. Madras for this morning.

@MisterPaul, I think Jip is flavoured with sweet cornmint. And maybe just a tad of eucalyptus. Truly enjoyable mentholated treat!
  • MisterPaulMisterPaul Member
    edited September 13 PM
    @volunge - I do like a mentholated treat, those old school keenly scented stuffs are all great, Mullins and Westley, McChrystal's and Hedges (especially) I still rate highly, and they should have a place in anyone's rotation to my mind. Your comment about Jip did trigger a bit of an involuntary memory episode; it nice to reminisce ;) I'll have to look out for a tin and revisit that snuff at some point :) 

I'm enjoying a few pinches of SWS Lundy Foot just now; what a fabulous toast it is!     
  • Rosinski Klippenritt
  • 1:1 Pfalzerland Kalmit and SG Kendal Brown Original with a cup of strong peppermint tea; very nice!
  • MisterPaulMisterPaul Member
    edited September 13 PM
    SWS Aged Border Rapee - Tres Bien! 

Annoyingly though, I did find that I already had a tin of this in another place in the fridge, using the old one up first like a good lad ;)

• Back to ye oldie SWS Lundy Foot, longest run on a toast for a time 

• Pigging out on my dwindling Toque Quit since I have 400g on the way!  :))
  • Toque Coke
  • Old Paris in the truck to and from work. A pinch of vintage velvet for a revisit. Mac Craig before supper then toque peach to finish the night :)
  • volungevolunge Member
    edited September 14 PM
    Neffa Ifrikia, next to the last pinch.
  • To parts SH Kendal Brown Original, one part each of White Elephant and Toque Spruce.