World's Largest Collection of Snuff Online
Finest Quality Indian Snuffs

Best selection of snuff and snuff related products in the UK.Toque Snuffs

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Please consider helping to support the Snuffhouse forum.

Coming soon...

SG Black Rappee and Scotch Black discontinued. Viking Dark Rappee and Scotch Dark for sub

Viking Dark Rappee and Scotch Dark are available at mysmokingshop.co.uk, sold in 100, 250 and 500 g tubs. No 25 g tins yet.

Hopefully mrsnuff/snuffstore will be carrying these, too.

Comments

• SammyD13SammyD13 Unconfirmed
    @volunge thanks for the heads-up! They'll have a new label and a higher price, but at least they'll still be available (hopefully...).
  • volungevolunge Member
    edited January 12 PM
    100 g tubs of both already available at mrsnuff and snuffstore. Surprisingly, price is nice as of yet. Actually... even lower (calculating per gram) than before (as compared with 25 g tins).
  • Ordered
  • Which of the two styles is generally less smokey?
  • volungevolunge Member
    edited January 12 PM
    Despite the name, Scotch Black.
  • @volunge thanks, should I assume both are as strong in the nicotine department as Viking Dark? Actually I remember now that I had the Rappee for a short time (a wave soaked my clothes and the beach and ruined my tin) and maybe due to the coarseness I did not feel overwhelmed by the nicotine as I do with Viking Dark.
  • volungevolunge Member
    edited January 12 PM
    @snuffandsympathy, with the exception of SG plain SP No. 1, which was discontinued in SG range and now being made for Viking line with the new "Blonde" name, I haven't tried any other Vikings. But I am familiar with SG Kendal Brown and Kendal Brown Original snuffs, which both pack quite a punch and reportedly are akin to Viking Brown (if I recall it right). So, I can only tell that Black Rappee is milder (in terms of nicotine) than the KBs I tried.

I had bad luck with SG Scotch Black, the tin I got was bone-dry and nic-wise it wasn't impressive at all - while burn was still there, the kick was fairly mild (milder than dried-out KB). Usually I don't bother rehydrating dried-out snuff, unless it's some rare or discontinued one. However, I will carry some rehydration experiments in the upcomming days and try to wake up some zombies with aqueous salmiak solution. One 19th century source prescribes it as a wonder-cure for old snuff.
  • @volunge you are a source of endless advice, obviously based on extensive snuffing and thoughtful analysis... I have to commend Viking for properly vacuum sealing their tins, while Dark was a tad strong for me, I am eager to try their other offerings. 
  • SG black rappee is discontinued?
    It is a drama!
  • I found out about BR when I ordered a tin a few weeks ago. MS still had scotch black, which I ordered. They subbed Celtic Talisman for the BR. Hoping I will like it now as a few years ago I was not impressed.
  • ALLexALLex Member
    Can someone describe Viking Dark Rappee V.S Viking Scotch Dark ? (grind/ nicotine/ aroma)
  • JohanoJohano Member
    Viking Dark Rappee is a very moist snuff with loads of ammonia. Its very messy to take due to high moisture, but satysfying to use in the privacy of your home. It will make your hands and nose dirty for sure, but it gives a great long lasting buzz. Its perfect to pack larger several pinches like you would with NTSU or TAXI. Recommended!
  • Viking Scotch Dark is very similar, given the previous comment, apart from the grind. It's very moist, very high in ammonia and really high in nicotine. I've taken to packing it like a schmalzler, rather than snuffing/sniffing a pinch.