Best Service - Great Selection - Always Low Prices
Finest Quality Indian Snuffs

FUBAR Filter Tabaq has arrived. Check it out!Toque Snuffs

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Please consider helping to support the Snuffhouse forum.

New Snuvs: White and Rusty, Try them all!

SWS change. St. James Parish, Havana

volungevolunge Member
edited August 2020 in General
Has anyone noticed that recent batches of some Sir Walter Scott's snuffs are  w a y  d i f f e r e n t  than they used to be?

Some weeks ago I saw a post with the changed Havana Toast picture on Facebook Nasal Snuff Takers group. And earlier this week I got my hands on a good sample of the new St. James, which now looks... like this:

Different St. James (2)

So, it's obviously not a toast anymore. Medium brown, medium moist and medium grind. Very, very chocolaty. Good strength, nice burn.

It is a decent snuff, but not the good old St. James.

Comments

• Thats tragic, sjp was one of my favorite toasts
  • That looks and sounds like 50/50 ?

Johnny
  • volungevolunge Member
    edited August 2020 PM
    @Johnny, that makes sense! I suspected mislabeling, but being not familiar with 50/50, wasn't sure. I'm happy with this unexpected opportunity of trying Your new snuff. I must say it found it's place among my favourite snuffs!

Now I rest assured knowing that St. James is unchanged. I assume Havana Toast changes, mentioned in Facebook NST group, might be explained by different freshness (reseller's issue).

Moderators are welcome to lock or delete this thread ( @miamimark ). Pardon me for this small commotion, @Snuffalufagis and other fellows here!