Best Service - Great Selection - Always Low Prices
Finest Quality Indian Snuffs

American Dry SnuffsSnuv: Herbal Range

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Please consider helping to support the Snuffhouse forum.

Classic Tin-Same Great Taste

I made Amazonian Rapé - And you can, too!

This stuff is unbelievably expensive for what it is. I've given my take on why this is so, and why it's not discussed in more snufftaking circles.
Try using a little less than 1:1 tobacco:ash, something like 3:2 - I used less ash than the 1:1 ratio than is floating around, and it still turned out mind-blowingly strong.

Comments

• Nice. Do you have a full recipe?
  • volungevolunge Member
    edited April 17 PM
    @StudiodecolBleu, just mix one pinch of ash with two pinches of powdered rustica.
  • @volunge thanks. Do you have any suggestions on where to get ash besides a fire.
  • volungevolunge Member
    edited April 22 PM
    Smoke a cigar and collect ash, like CobbGoots did. If you are not a smoker, maybe a smoking friend could help you. Another possibility is to buy cleansed ash of plants or tree bark from any of countless ash vendors (shamanic goods supliers). For instance https://katukina.com/products/ashes/.

By the way, I was even considering launching a small ash business (seriously), but was too lazy to source potash-rich properly dried firewood this past heating season.
  • Mr_OMr_O Member
    I have been wondering if the ash from different plants would vary much in PH etc. Like, could I source clean herbs, burn them, and use that ash? Is there any reason that some organic alfalfa or something would not work?
  • @Mr_O, any ash would work. Composition of different ash differs, but even those lower in carbonates would still work. All ashes are alkaline.
  • Mr_OMr_O Member
    Thanks for the info! This is promising:)