Best Service - Great Selection - Always Low Prices
Finest Quality Indian Snuffs

American Dry SnuffsSnuv: Herbal Range

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Please consider helping to support the Snuffhouse forum.

Classic Tin-Same Great Taste

The uncouthness of frequent nose-blowing

How do you guys deal with having to blow a river of brown snot out of your nose at least once or twice every time you take snuff?

In my own apartment it is of course not a problem but in public it seems impossible. At work I take snuff in the bathroom which feels pretty junky-ish.

How was snuff so popular in the past when a heavy snuffer might take a pinch multiple times an hour and every time have to blow out this nastiness?

Don't get me wrong, I love snuff, but it's hard for me to understand how it was ever so popular and even "genteel". 

I take a big pinch which itself gets snuff all over my face and nose, then usually exhale a cloud of snuff dust that hasn't "adhered", then enjoy the scent/nicotine-lift for a minute or so before my nose starts dripping, then blow a big honk, and then probably another big honk a minute or two later, and perhaps some more a few minutes down the line. Aristocrats and clergymen were doing this?? Am I doing something wrong, or what?

Comments

• There is a long list of snuffs I won't use in a public place.  How long have you been snuffing?  With time your nose may acclimate. I find toasts the most "friendly" and don't need to blow very often with them.
  • volungevolunge Member
    edited October 18 PM
    No, you are doing it right. After 25 years of taking snuff the drip is... only increasingly getting on my nerves. This uncouth side of taking snuff is one of the major reasons why the habit of taking snuff died out.

I mean, you can't even open a door to a stranger without having a peep at the mirror first, not even mentioning approaching your closest ones. Some cowboy has made a spot-on note describing snuff taker's nose as a second ****hole.

Taking snuff in public? Forget it, pal.
  • Nasal hygiene is important if you don't want to be a toffee nose! I tend to be judicious about 'dusting' with a hanky after a pinch, and then have a proper blow out when I tootle off to the bathroom. I do find some snuffs are much worse than others as @SHbickel notes. I never actually blow into a hanky unless it's a genuine emergency, but I dab with it in the case of the odd drip.  
  • It's where the term 'toffs' come from for the snuff-taking aristocracy. Toffee-nosed, from all of the snuff.
  • HuysmansHuysmans Member
    edited October 19 PM
    Outside of the home I will take toasts or light coloured SPs and give my face a thorough dust after each pinch. I certainly wouldn't take dark coarse snuffs like Santo Domingo, Black Rappee or Silky Dark as I usually look like I have been face first in a bucket of soil.
  • I enjoy whatever snuff I want whenever I want. I couldn't care less about blowing my nose in public. Sometimes I speak to people and they look at my nose and I know they can see snuff. Don't care. They never ask me about it either. 
  • SHbickelSHbickel Member
    edited October 22 PM
    @vmank1q And if they do speak up, you know they're decent folks. Nothing restores my faith in mankind like a stranger telling me I've got something in my teeth, or that my fly's down.