Best Service - Great Selection - Always Low Prices
Finest Quality Indian Snuffs

Sir Walter Scott snuffs back in stockSnuv: Herbal Range

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Please consider helping to support the Snuffhouse forum.

Sir Walter Scott back in stock

Using WoS Tubs for Storage: Good or Bad Idea?

I had 250-gram tubs of Africa and Irish No. 22 delivered this morning.  I read somewhere that the tubs from WoS are excellent for storing snuff.  Is this still good advice?

My reasons for asking are that there was loose snuff inside the plastic wrap around the Irish No. 22 and that the tub itself felt rather cheap.

Comments

• n9inchnailsn9inchnails Moderator
    I have had no problems keeping bulk WoS in the tubs in my cellar. Even the very last bit taken out of the tubs is still fresh and needs to be aired out a bit to remove the ammonia smell. Bear in mind I store my snuff in a cellar not just in a cupboard or box at room temp.
  • Tend to vary I think WoS tins - Some seem to seal well, others are not so good. I personally wouldn't store any dark/moist snuffs in the tins for any length of time; F&T's princes etc. come to mind 
    We are talking about the bulk plastic tubs not the metal tins. Ya the metal tins don't seal well and I wouldnt keep snuff in them for any length of time without taking steps to seal them further.
  • volungevolunge Member
    edited April 6 PM
    I still have about 30 g Molens de Kralingse St Omer No. 1 from 2016 in original 100 g plastic tub. I store it in a cool, non-heated room, and it's still moist.
  • @ volunge:Good to hear it keeps so well!
  • @volunge , yes St.Omer 1 the best snuff of modern times!!! :)>-
    salute @snuffmiller 
    ^:)^
  • @volunge & @tobaccobob - Yep: St, Omer #1 was amazing - I'm having to ration the little that I have left for very special moments @snuffmillers best work I think  =D>
  • @highdrytoast I have had no problems storing in the 250g tubs in a cool shady part of my front room. I just make sure they are screwed up nice and tight.
    I still have about half of my St. Omers stored in the 100g tub still as good as the day I got it maybe a little better now, it ages well. I waited years for this stuff to come out and it was well worth the wait.
  • @n9inchnails: Glad it turned out so right !