Best Service - Great Selection - Always Low Prices
Finest Quality Indian Snuffs

Sir Walter Scott snuffs back in stockSnuv: Herbal Range

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Please consider helping to support the Snuffhouse forum.

Sir Walter Scott back in stock

Changes in my body's reaction to snuff.

It has been a few years since I have posted here so bear with me please.  I have been using snuff off and on for the past 10 years and truly enjoy all of the variety and flavors  that are out there.  I have always enjoyed Bernard's Schmalzers the best, my absolute favorite being Amostrina.  Here are a few things I have noticed recently:

1. Over the past year or so, when I use snuff, especially Amostrina or other Schmalzers, I don't feel good after.  I get dizzy, slightly nauseous, sweaty, etc.  Typical overindulgence nicotine reactions.  This seems to only happen with certain snuffs.  I can smoke a whole cigar and feel fine?

2. Over the past six months, I have noticed that I am getting incredibly congested if I use snuff all day.  At night, my nasal passages will be completely clogged where I cannot breathe through my nose.  This, more than anything has caused me to stay away from snuff for days at a time.  I really love some mentholated snuffs, but these are the worst culprits.

I'm curious if others have experienced similar experiences?  Have I gotten sensitive to nicotine from snuff and if so, can anyone recommend some lower nicotine Schmalzers or Snuffs that may not give me these awful feelings?  Thanks!

Comments

• ALLexALLex Member
    edited April 21 PM
    I can relate on the point that i think i have gotten sensitive to nicotine too (from snuff use maybe).

~The other day i smoked a rollie in the afternoon after only snuffing in the morning and the nicotine from the rollie made me felt like i was drugged lol~ :))  
    4 years ago that i didnt use snuff i could chain smoke rollies all day and never felt buzzed. 

I dont prefer to use snuff all day long anymore and these days i mostly use Poschl Schmalzlers (A and D) because they are low in nicotine but for me this is ideal ! (or Toque Violet, McCrystals O&G, Fubar Snafu Medicated)

These days high nicotine snuffs make me feel tired and dont really enjoy the buzz that much anymore.

Some of my homemade natural snuffs are strong but i use them sparingly maybe one pinch per 3 days if i am in the mood.
    l still love Black Rappee snuffs and Ntsu, Madras, Tque Quit and strong bold natural tobacco snuffs but for example when i have a dayoff from work and i take the Rappee or Ntsu out thinking i will spend the day with them but i end up using only one or two pinches. 

This year i use snuff mostly on daytime and isnt something i reach that much anymore. 
    Anyway i am happy with that cause i think snuffing all day everyday strong snuffs is pretty bad for the heart.
    Too much nicotine isnt good either for the heart or the brain i think...
    Balance is everything. 

But credits to snuff because thanks to snuff i ve manage to stop smoking a pack a day and now i am at the level that i smoke 4 rollies maximum per day and maybe 2-5 pinches of low nic snuff.  But i dont use snuff everyday now, like i used to. (There were times when i was snuffing a lot that i didnt smoke at all)

Of course there are still moments when i can enjoy snuff (and high nicotine snuffs) a lot like when i drink beers with buddies or on vacation or on a nature walk, but i cant snuff alone all day long anymore. I am happy with that cause i got very addicted to snuff some years ago and in my opinion stuffing your nose with powder isnt the prettiest addiction. 

But i still think snuff is the best form of tobacco and I am thankful that I have a collection of big jars with my favorite snuffs in bulk.

• Hello, I am not at expert, but... for me, it sounds like your nose needs to rest some time. I have read somewhere (or perhaps it was a YouTube video) that you can get a stuffy nose from old snuff that has not made its way out of your body. Just my 2 cents!