Best Service - Great Selection - Always Low Prices
Finest Quality Indian Snuffs

Sir Walter Scott snuffs back in stockSnuv: Herbal Range

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Please consider helping to support the Snuffhouse forum.

Sir Walter Scott back in stock

Railroad Mills Sweet formula change

towhee89towhee89 Member
edited August 1 in General
I've been rebuilding my American scotch collection the past week and got a fresh tin of this at a local Food Lion and was surprised to see the domestic/foreign % was now 73/27. The tin I had but sold was 82/18. The price has increased too :D Obviously a cost cut but it at least means Swisher is still producing and tinkering with these snuffs (maybe not for the better - also no number/letter codes on the bottom, either). The smell seems to be more faint than I remember, but I'd have to get another older can to compare. I do remember a Honey Bee I had with the Flav-o-gard label (2009 or before) being better than the newer ones. Some of the Food Lions here still carry pre-2009 cans of a lot of stuff, so I'll probably track one down again. I'm not sure when this was was produced but I'd think during this year. This is a good sign at least from the standpoint that Swisher is going to continue to produce these. Anyone have a tin on hand to compare?

edit: So after using a bit more this seems to be a totally inferior product to the prior formula, hardly any flavor. Not good. I don't think it's my imagination. Bummer!