Best Service - Great Selection - Always Low Prices
Finest Quality Indian Snuffs

American Dry SnuffsSnuv: Herbal Range

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Please consider helping to support the Snuffhouse forum.

Classic Tin-Same Great Taste

What side projects are you working on?

Comments

• Very cool @Xander! I hope you get some great pictures from it. Regardless of what the pictures are that is a great find.
  • Film turn out blank :-(
  • Two custom pantry cabinets -2ft deep 4ft wide and 90 +inch high with addition of kick plate takes them to the ceiling. Primed all parts before assembly 8 sheets of 1/2 birch plywood and 10 -1" x12" x8ft white pine.
    My knowledge is worthless if not shared and applied . "Joseph McKenna"  
  • Nice, basement_shaman. bet they were a bear to install in the room,or did you assemble them in place? I don't see scuff marks on the ceiling, :-)
  • Nice, basement_shaman. bet they were a bear to install in the room,or did you assemble them in place? I don't see scuff marks on the ceiling, :-)
    I needed 4 1/4 inches to tilt into place the kick plate and bottom support was a 2 x4 that was ripped and shimmed and secured to the old floor for level ,the top molding took up the rest of the space less then 3/4 " ,the left cabinet I did have to beat into place. Because there was a dividing wall there at one time. It all has to do with the math,and the angle of the dandgill. no so much about the motion of the ocean.
    Thanks @Mouse Just one of many talents I have mastered over a life time.
  • @basement_shaman Nice cabinet, woodworking is a great skill to have.
    I worked in a cabinet shop for a few years before I got into the carpenters union and I really liked that work.
    Most days were making various sized boxes or laminate but once in a while I got to do some interesting stuff.
    Right now my side project is making the nastiest fuzz box I can out of a single opamp and as few parts as possible.
    Getting close but not quite there.
  • @Basement_Shaman have you ever made pipe/tobacco cabinets?
  • @Slide I can't afford to hire myself .Custom work is time consuming. Quality materials are expensive. Money talks and you know the rest. I am sure if you buy top of the line dunhill pipes you could afford a custom made cabinets . Not much of a market for such work, at lease locally. I just use the buffet cabinet; the draws hold my tins and I display my pipes with antique pipe racks ,some round others square & rectangular shape. The cellar is where the long term tobacco stays and I add to it when possible.

To answer your query NO, but it not out of the question If I get the time I have some 10 years old black walnut seasoning I cut myself ;I only have 20+ other projects I need to complete and they are slowly showing progress. You know the auto mechanic car is in the worst condition.That is just the way it goes.
  • I understand completely!

If you ever get around to that be sure to share the pics!
  • Yesterday I built a fermenter and I'll try to do a few bottles of mead...

And helping a cousin to restore a 1980 Ford Corcel II.
  • Just found an old camera...
    ive been finally going through old boxes from when i got out of the Navy, ive found 3 rolls of film so far, each over 10 years old, some great pics of Sicily, some of people i dont remember but must have been important, and one somewhat risque picture of my ex-wife!

• after alot of multi-lingual swearing, experts called in and a broken needlenose, we finally got the engine out of the Mini, Sunday i hope to see the doors and the suspension off as well, hopefully thats not too big of an agenda for one evening. it did take about 14 hours to get the engine out without breaking anything!
  • Not even skin off the knuckles? I admire your patience.
  • @Juxtaposer not even that, we would have been done a lot quicker if we would have had an American translation to the Brittish manual! really, whats a bonnet or a tyre? use a what to remove the what?
  • @Cros Thats funny you say that. I have owned and restored several old Land Rovers when I was younger and had to learn to adapt to different car lingo. Propeller Shaft? This isn't a boat! LOL.
  • I have been systamaticallly murdering fruit flys in my kitchen, the excitement of my life. I have a Balslamic Vinager bait, and spray bottle method, that is proveing quite fruitfull(Ha!).
  • @PotPoe every year it some plague or swarms, wrath from Odin. That is too funny, I have to vacuum catch stink bugs before my 16 yr old daughter comes over. She was traumatized at her mothers house. Ah the things we do for love.
  • stinkbugs go in the oblet! which are old snus tins. I hate them bugs so they get to die in used snuff tins.
  • Ooh! This post gave me a good idea - just started a new batch of wine on Sunday with some lovely Tuscan grape varietals and the fumes coming out of the fermenter are divine -- why put those good smells to waste? I hooked a small hose from the airlock to a small baggie full of some plain snuff. By the time the primary fermentation is done, I may very well have a great grape scented snuff - who knows? ;-)
  • @PotPoe same here. Although about one month ago it was a million times worse. That was when I was harvesting peaches like mad; (they all get ripe at once!). They also loved the tomatoes, and as always my kitchen scrap bin (banana peels are their favorites).
    I've got one of those fruit fly traps with the stinky solution in it, but I think it only catches one in 20 flies. I also have fly paper hanging above the scrap bin. It gets a few more. Still that leaves about 85% of them untouched, but to be honest they don't bother me much; they are pretty harmless. Mainly its the family that complains about them, and since I am in charge of fruit and fruit scraps, fruit flies are my jurisdiction.
    Stink bugs are coming on here too; their time of year. Mostly they are just seen clinging to screens. A flick on the screen sends them on their way. They don't bother me much either unless one goes mad and gets in and starts bombarding heads and lightbulbs at night. Again, my jurisdiction since everyone thinks they are scary looking and won't touch them. 8-|
  • don't touch the stink bug with your snuff pinching hand.That stench isn't easy to wash off, I used to use a paper towel and squish them, big mistake! washed and repeat then febreze wash again. then I could enjoy my snuff. They haven't been as bad these past two years but if they have hatching cycles like cicadas. It will may get bad. In 2013 the cicadas will be out in massive numbers with the 17 year cycle hatching stretching from Delaware to Kansas.There are also 13 year and annuals broods. The Japanese beetle hasn't showed up in awhile, And the banana bug that stank of bananas.Those pesky earwigs numbers are also down.And most unfortunate the bee population is at record lows without bees the entire ego system will collapse. Then the only food will be soylent green.
  • We gota eat all the old people ! Show em that ya love um ! Eat all the old people shove em in the oven .
  • Haha, @Kurtsnose, first time around I completely missed the soylent green remark in @basement_shaman 's post... I started to wonder if there was some other reason you were named kurtsnose - good, ol grampa kurt
  • edited September 2012 PM
    @kurtsnose that a sharp mine for a garnish up geezer. No time for that! That Dr. really influenced this warped demented mind.
  • Can't find the video { cartoon} It's on some George Carlin page with No time .
  • A sandwich is a sandwich but your grandpa is a meal .
  • Did you mean this one?
  • No it was on a web site called " Laugh.com " I think when George Carlin died so did laugh.com But we could go the other way @basement_shaman have you read "A Modest Proposal" by Jonathon Swift . A quick read check it out you can find it on the web.
  • Built a 42 inch wide screen door,ship lap corner joints glued and screwed.3/4 x 3/4 rabbit and cross rail.continuous bead of polyurathane glue ,solid 1/2 pressure treated plywood panel.1/2" hardware cloth screen. All that left is to apply the strap hindges and the thumb handle locking latch hardware,And hang it on the coup. Another side project this week 90% rebuild
  • I'm working on a couple of books at the moment - one is a memory-aid system I've devised for building vocabulary in foreign languages, the other is on home economics. Kindle publish any old rubbish, so I'm hoping to get them out as Ebooks soon! Also got a load of homemade wine on the go.

I'm interested to see how the mini project develops. I had a 1982 mini mayfair years ago, but like most of its breed it succumbed to corrosion on the underside. Hope you're good at spot welding!