Best Service - Great Selection - Always Low Prices
Finest Quality Indian Snuffs

American Dry SnuffsSnuv: Herbal Range

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Please consider helping to support the Snuffhouse forum.

Classic Tin-Same Great Taste

What side projects are you working on?

Comments

• @AustinAllegro putting in new floor pans and crossbars, the shell itself is still in really good shape
    Lord I miss that car. I loved the sound it made when changing down gear, a sort of whiny whirring noise. It could turn on a sixpence - I even got pulled over once by a WPC who claimed I nearly hit a roundabout - silly woman didn't understand that the mini can do things ordinary cars can't - that's why they made 'The Italian Job'!

• I love driving it, its like a go-kart, got to drive it for 2 years in Sicily where i could take advantage of driving conditions.
  • edited December 2012 PM
    No project yet, just some stink bug target practice with the blow guns. I will have to get the spackel out and patch the dozens of holes,but I got it! Going to paint soon so no big deal.
    Upper left hand corner, it was walking while we shot at it ,range 15 feet.
    My knowledge is worthless if not shared and applied . "Joseph McKenna"  
  • Basement_shaman that's horrible!!!!!!! A quick death is too good for stink bugs. I capture them and put them in the Oubliette (old snus tins).
  • @Basement_Shaman you love blowguns too? So do I. I have three 50cal CT blowguns and a small group that gets together once a month for target practice. Great shot on that stink bug!
  • @TobaccyLassy this was just 40 cal but still plenty of fun. I have a collection of other blowguns. amongst other deadly weapons I use for fun.
  • TobaccyLassyTobaccyLassy Member
    edited December 2012 PM
    @Basement_Shaman I remember reading in another thread (the anachronism thread I think) that you like slingshots too... High five! :)
  • howdydavehowdydave Member
    edited December 2012 PM
    Learning ASL (American Sign Language.)
    Networking for ASL within the OCA (Orthodox Church in America.)

Eventually I hope to know ASL well enough to become certified with RID (Registry of Interpreters of the Deaf.)

As you can see... I LOVE my TLA (Three Letter Acronyms.)
  • @lunecat want to come over and help me with my mini? all the snuff you can sniff while doing it
  • Probably be working on some new glass etching designs. Here is a sample...
  • Here is what I did this morning and please understand that I do not sell, buy or do drugs. I get paid to blast art and stain it

• Nice work MattheFox!
  • Hot off the press for my grandson. 2 are exact trademarks and 2 are recreations
  • So my wife had to work this Christmas eve and left a sink full of dishes. I told her not to think about it, that I would make the kitchen bright & shiny. She laughed heading for the door saying that since I din't have a projects that I would probably take a nap, have some drinks & chat with friends.
    I proved her wrong and replaced the kitchen light fixture that was damaged in the last storm but I got it done to quickly and still had to do the dishes
  • spent the day paying bills, updating my linux box, and doing end-of-the-year bookkeeping. Thankfully there's snuff to enjoy...random selection: WoS Ice Licorice.
  • I've got a long Christmas break from college (kicked ass in class) so now I can really work on my tunes. Hope to have a few full songs finished by the end of break.
  • MattheFoxMattheFox Member
    edited February 2013 PM
    So I am up at 4:00am this morning and don't know why but decide to start preparing when I notice I have no water.
    I don't know if any of you folks have well water or have a shallow well where you have a pump house or in my case your pump is in a craw space under the house. I had to get dressed & go out in the rain, climb under the house with the cricket spiders dancing on the plastic liner to reach the pump. I take off the cover to test the pump and just as I lightly touched it, the damned thing started working.
    I will be blowing out the contacter this weekend and making sure the cricket spiders didn't decide to build a home in it
  • What a way to start the day!
  • UbertUbert Member
    edited February 2013 PM
    Hoping my bees make it through the winter!!
    Got a non-profit bee project going on - just waiting for the official sign off - should be any day now......
  • Good amount of hives, Ubert!

This is the first year I wrapped my hives in roofing tarpaper over Winter, something I saw in some Bee Culture mags I have from the 1920's. I hope to have a good survival rate come Spring as well. Thinking on adding some Bruton to their sugarwater in the Spring to stimulate a revival. Truthfully, dusting with snuff may help deter the mites?
  • Hi Bart - this is just one of the sites I have but probably my favourite. I have never used tar paper and I typically have a good survival rate. I use an empty top box system - if you are interested I can explain how it works, it has certain advantages. This year winter has been long and hard with a mixture of wet and cold - not ideal for bees.

I don't know what Bruton is - I just put in some candy at the end of February to keep 'em going til the main nectar flow comes on.

Have you tried dusting with snuff? I have heard of dusting with powdered sugar but never tried it. I didn't think nicotine was good for bee health - was reading about these nicotinoid based pesticides which are pretty controversial and already banned in some places.

You got a lot of hives yourself?

Would be interested to share a few tips and techniques especially where mites are concerned.

• I dust with powdered sugar and always have a screen bottom. I've stayed away from use of any chemicals thus far. Beetles were a problem last year and I made a trap out of a cd case with maple syrup in it that seemed to attract the little critters and kill them. In my old magazines, there is talk of smoking the bees with tobacco but I believe it is frowned upon nowadays.

It is a nice feeling to go to bed at night or leave the house knowing you have thousands of "employees" that are working hard for you at that very moment. However, having more than 50 employees, I find out I may need to offer them Health Care now....a fella just can't win. $-)
  • Toliet Wine! (not prepared in a toliet)
  • I know bees like sweet mystery x pipe tobacco they follow me if I smoke it in spring or summer. so who knows.
  • I just got finished the 2013 Elks artwork and created a sample. What do you think?
  • just stay away from frantic city
  • @lunecat Thats one of the best fields to be in right now

• Sort of a hooby ATM, but I'm planning on going self-employed as a process-control systems developer within the next year and these projects will be useful for my work.
    I haven't enough courage to do something similar, because I have to feed a six-member family... it would be too risky. Can't escape from the treadwheel. *sigh*
  • I wish you good luck, @lunecat
  • I presented the Elks with the sample shirt on Saturday and they ordered 39 on Sunday. The material just showed up yesterday and they need it by Saturday eve. A lot of computer work to do to get it laid out right