Best Service - Great Selection - Always Low Prices
Finest Quality Indian Snuffs

American Dry SnuffsSnuv: Herbal Range

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Please consider helping to support the Snuffhouse forum.

Classic Tin-Same Great Taste

What side projects are you working on?

Comments

• A second version of Cerise and a one off snuff made from traditional carotte, maybe around summer for the release. Neither will be repeated as I just had the tobacco for these two in store for along while, just looking for the right project.
  • @abraxas keep em coming! Looking forward to trying anything and everything else you throw at us.
  • Thanks mate, as soon as I get some spare time I will get Cerise blend 2 on sale - it's ready just waiting for me to get round to getting the labels etc. The carotte one has been maturing for three years and, again, it's just about finding the time. But I will get them out this year. I don't plan on any permanent additions to the line up but I want to bring out one offs for the fun of it. My wife's decided I am making a strawberries and cream snuff for Wimbledon as well.
  • I am so looking forward to those, especially the carotte, and I do hope the strawberries and cream snuff is for us a well as Wimbledon....
  • My nose is running just thinking about those
  • @Mouse - whenever I make a snuff I'm mentally making it for the Snuffhouse crowd - so it is most definitely for you.
    @distaind - watch this space;)
  • Skell18Skell18 Moderator
    @Abraxas The carotte one I will buy by the bucket full!!
  • Aah, I'm afraid you will need a very small bucket as it's going to be a 3kg batch and then gone forever. Some of the ingredients are just irreplaceable even if I wanted to make more.
  • drool
  • bobbob Member
    cerise one is awesome. It has been my snuff of the day today.
  • It a nice lazy Sunday a great day to do some long put off tobacco pipe cleaning. :-??
    My knowledge is worthless if not shared and applied . "Joseph McKenna"  
  • Pruning the grape vines and apple tree on this fine Sunday morning.
  • It is now Monday @basement_shaman, but I did the same thing on Sunday. Now at least a couple dozen of my pipes are looking pretty good. Now for the rest.....
  • Hand carved Saguaro skeleton wall art. "Shaman" Sold.
  • Hand carved dug out w/ spoon. Desert Mesquite, stained cherry, satin finish. In the pic, A good heap of Creme De Figue breathing before enjoyment.
  • Hand carved, Mesquite snuff spoons
  • Two, free standing mesquite tobacco pipes under construction, looking for stems? @basement_shaman, might you know of any good places to find replacement stems?
  • edited April 2013 PM
    @noworry http://www.smokingpipes.com/accessories/pipe-supplies/index.cfm?finish=0&shape=0&price=0&tag=0&page=2 replacement stem

Pipe Tools & Supplies Amber Bent Filtered Stem (for Missouri Meerschaum)
    SKU: 001-545-0068 Your Price: $0.64

Pipe Tools & Supplies Amber Bent Non-Filtered Stem (for Missouri Meerschaum)
    SKU: 001-545-0072 Your Price: $0.64

Pipe Tools & Supplies Amber Straight Filtered Stem (for Missouri Meerschaum)
    SKU: 001-545-0067 Your Price: $0.64

Pipe Tools & Supplies Amber Straight Non-Filtered Stem (for Missouri Meerschaum)
    SKU: 001-545-0071 Your Price: $0.64

Pipe Tools & Supplies Black Bent Filtered Stem (for Missouri Meerschaum)
    SKU: 001-545-0070 Your Price: $0.64

Pipe Tools & Supplies Black Bent Non-Filtered Stem (for Missouri Meerschaum)
    SKU: 001-545-0074 Your Price: $0.64

Pipe Tools & Supplies Black Straight Filtered Stem (for Missouri Meerschaum)
    SKU: 001-545-0069 Your Price: $0.64

Pipe Tools & Supplies Black Straight Non-Filtered Stem (for Missouri Meerschaum)
    SKU: 001-545-0073 Your Price: $0.64

• Pruning the grape vines and apple tree on this fine Sunday morning.

Wow I also have grape vines & an orchard of apples/plums & pear trees. But I'm no gardender and have been remiss when it comes to pruning, and as a consequence the fruit yeild has fallen over the years I have been here.

I prefer computers & cars to gardening as a hobby.
    I'd work for food, snuff and a warm room. :p
    Have no clue about grapes, unfortunately and you'd have to live with my dog extinguishing the local wildlife by causing the beasts heart attacks.
  • Two, free standing mesquite tobacco pipes under construction, looking for stems? @basement_shaman, might you know of any good places to find replacement stems?
    Here's a good source of pipe-making supplies:
    "http://www.pimopipecraft.com/"

and pre-finished Walker Briar Works 'Forever' stems here:

http://www.walkerbriarworks.com/html/cobs_-_stems.html

• Side project of the weekend is learning to make a knife, from laser cut blank to finished functional knife. I just got back fro day 1 of the workshop, and will hopefully post photos of my finished project tomorrow.
  • I'm taking down a mulberry tree along my fence line because it's choking out a pine. I'm doing this by hand since I don't own a chainsaw and would like to keep all of my fingers. I'm going to feel it tomorrow :((
  • @crullers don't forget to drill holes in the stump and use a stump remover [Potassium Nitrate] or the damm thing will come back.
  • This afternoon I made a snuff spoon out of a piece of branch that broke off the black walnut tree in the back yard.
  • @crullers don't forget to drill holes in the stump and use a stump remover [Potassium Nitrate] or the damm thing will come back.
    Thanks for the tip. I definitely don't want it coming back, it's like a weed. Plus, the birds eat the berries when they are out and make a mess of my car!

• @mouse, very nice work on the spoon, black walnut is one of my favorites to work with.
  • Thanks @noworry. It took about an hour. Finished with carnauba wax and a buffer.
  • @Mouse, That's a beautiful spoon!!!
  • Done with my beginners knife making workshop. I had such a fun time learning the tip of the iceberg about knife making. I now want to save up my $$ to take more classes! Here's my completed knife....

• @Mouse...also admiring your work... Awesome spoon