Best Service - Great Selection - Always Low Prices
Finest Quality Indian Snuffs

American Dry SnuffsSnuv: Herbal Range

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Please consider helping to support the Snuffhouse forum.

Classic Tin-Same Great Taste

Flick your Bic

edited October 2012 in Other Forms of Tobacco
Since the cooler weather is here ,I am going to start to carry my Zippo pipe lighter . But I had been using Bic lighters to fire up my pipe, The question at hand is how long does your Bic last ? I sharpie the date on mine and never got more than 20 days use.
My knowledge is worthless if not shared and applied . "Joseph McKenna"  

Comments

• I have never(well almost) kept a Bic to death. Cheaper lighters yes, a Bic maybe once or twice. My Zippo rarely goes more than three days before refilling.
  • I really need to buy stock in Bic. I'm constantly sent to the store to pick up a handful. If I can keep one, mine last about 3 weeks, give-or-take. My wife, however, seems to go through lighters like underwear and ends up stealing mine.
  • Most of my bics lasted me about 3 months of constant use through a pack a day of cigs. I think y'alls are defective, lol.
  • dont use a zippo (although I have a couple) or bic, I use an imco angled flame and a refill last me about 3 months cuz I only smoke my pipe 2 or 3 times a week
  • Wow I never thought about it. When I was smoking there were Bic lighters everywhere. I had at least 2-3 lighters within reach no matter where I was. If I had to guess I would say with smoking a pack to a pack and a half a day I would get 2 months maybe a little less out of a lighter. I had this bad habit of buying cool looking lighters whenever I came across them. A gas station down the street has some really cool naked lady BICS that I have never seen before and they would get a new lady every month so I have a whole years worth of those. I have a whole collection of dragons, rock bands, zodiac signs, guns, Bic even had a series of The Big Lebowski lighters that I have. Man, I never realized I had a lighter addiction until now. I had an addiction within my addiction.
  • Though long dead, I still have my Ozzy and my KISS bic. They are sorely missed.
  • Those Djeep lighters last a long time.
  • To make a Zippo "last longer", apply a bit of Vaseline on the outside of the inner part (sounds a bit like sex!). This will seal the lighter and prevent fluid from evaporating. I do it all the time and can use my Zippo up to 5 days without refilling.