Best Service - Great Selection - Always Low Prices
Finest Quality Indian Snuffs

Sir Walter Scott snuffs back in stockSnuv: Herbal Range

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Please consider helping to support the Snuffhouse forum.

Sir Walter Scott back in stock

Best new snuff of 2012

FilekFilek Member
edited January 2013 in General
The time has once again come to pick the best new snuff of the year. And once again we from top25snuff.com are happy to make it real with a slight help of a survey/poll. But before we start it again... guys, the list is so huge that I don't know if I actually got them all together this time. Any missing pieces?

PS: The poll will be on top25 when we get everything together.

CiT

- Baltic 6
- Mr Dude Black
- Mr Dude Gold
- Mr Dude Mentholyptus
- Mr. Dude Berry

Samuel Gawith

- Celtic Talisman Aromatic
- Hazlenut
- Guarana
- Cola
- Apple Menthol
- Firedance
- Whiskey
- Rum
- Menthol Brown
- Menthol Black
- SP Scotch
- Yellow Crest Scented
- Red Crest Scented
- Blue Crest Scented
- Plum
- Bucks Fizz

Molens de Kralingse

- Limburgertabak

Bernard

- Fröhliche Weihnachten
- Magic Moments White
- Magic Moments Black
- Frohes Fest

Dholakia Tobacco

- African
- High Dry Toast
- Medium Dry Toast
- Regular Dry Toast
- Super Strong Toast
- Choco Rose
- Blueberry
- Plum Cake

Paul Gotard

- Rose
- Lavender
- Hemp Aroma
- Rabarbar mięta
- Agrest mięta
- Gruszka mięta
- Jałowiec mięta

Wilsons of Sharrow

- Natural
- Mentholated
- Chocolate
- Guarana Boost
- Cool Guarana
- Bubblegum
- Lemon and Lime
- Clove
- Apricot & Menthol
- Dymanite

STOK

- Weiss Frappé
- Cola Drink
- Pinya

Od Mistrza

- Miętowa

Abraxas

- Dragun
- Dragun Menthol
- Connoisseur Cerise
- Club
- Cafe 11

Toque

- Almond Toast
- Ginger
- Strawberry
- Camphor & Clove
- Coltsfoot

Dean Swift

- Black Watch
- Cinnamon
- Lavender
- Rose
- Specific
- Wallflower

JK

- Cream
- Vanilla
- Almond
- Orange
- Classic

Silver Dollar

- Vanilla
- Blueberry
- Cinnamon
- Coffee
- Cola
- Licorice

Synchro

- Rock's Spearmint
- Rock's Ice

Buzz

- Bubble Gum

F.U.B.A.R.

- Snafu Medicated
- Snafu Plain
- Bohica
- Doolali Tap
- Toasted
- Willie Pete

Poschl Tabak

- Grado Caffe

Henriques e Casarin Ltda

- Rapé Diamante
- Rapé Guarany Eucalipto

Viking

- Blonde

Sir Walter Scott's

- Fine Border

Comments

• Clove & Camphor, it just has to be, with Dragun in 2nd place.

Stefan
  • cstokes4cstokes4 Member, Moderator
    I'm torn between Toque Almond Toast and Toque Strawberry.

Where is the Paul Gotard Hemp Aroma available?
  • Legend has it that it was once seen locally. But most of this stuff is on Synchro's websites.
    http://fajki.eu/images/thumbnails/STT140-A7.JPG.thumb_170x200.jpg
  • cstokes4cstokes4 Member, Moderator
  • For me it is between Abraxas Cerise and Creme de Figue. As long as they remain available I will ensure that I have a stock of those two.
  • I didn't think SG Menthol Brown was new in 2012, I'm pretty sure I was enjoying it in 2011. Either way my vote is for SG Cola.
  • Abraxas Cafe 11 is not on your list. It's my favorit e.
  • Haven't tried any of them yet, hahahhahhahaa
  • Almond Toast.
  • XanderXander Member
    edited January 2013 PM
    I'm pretty sure these have been around for years:
    Samuel Gawith
    -Menthol Brown
    - Menthol Black
    - SP Scotch
    - Yellow Crest Scented
    - Red Crest Scented
    - Blue Crest Scented

SP scotch certainly is as I have a tin here for a few years now, and it was old when I got it.

SG did do one that's supposed to be identical to J&H Wilson's Top Mill No. 1, which as far as I know is only available at The Black Swan https://www.thebackyshop.co.uk/
    This might have come out in 2011, I can't remember precisely.

Here's the actual snuff:
    https://www.thebackyshop.co.uk/products/samuel-gawith-sp-no1-top-mill-no1-substitute
  • Creme de Figue, hands down.
  • Another vote for Toque Camphor and Clove
  • I've tried camphor and clove, almond toast, ginger, coltsfoot, dragun, bubblegum, bohica, and Celtic talisman. For the year 2012 Celtic Talisman was the most used of the bunch but I didn't try the new Toques til December.Now that I've used it a while and have taken in its originality, great scent, and nose clearing effects, (without the runny nose or sneezing a lot of these other ones can give me with prolonged use) I cast my vote for best new snuff of 2012 to Toque's Almond Toast. Sorry Celtic talisman and bubblegum. I didn't realize what a great year it was for new snuffs until I looked at this thread and struggled to pick a favorite.
  • Almond toast.... Awesome stuff.
  • OldBigWagonOldBigWagon Member
    edited January 2013 PM
    Fine border creme de figue over all!
  • It is tough to figure out the best of 2012 there were some great contribution of snuff in 2012 out of which I have tried my best are Creme de Figue and Dholakia Rose Chocolate. I couldn't get hold of Silver Dollar hope to try this year.
  • FilekFilek Member
    edited January 2013 PM
    @Xander, thanks for the hint. I'll take a closer look to that, but I'm pretty sure the Menthols are last year's snuffs.

Added:
    Cafe 11 to Abraxas
    Dynamite to WoS

What about the medicated snuffs from 6 Photo?

Edit:

What goes for SG SP No1 - it's even older than 2011.
  • SP No.1 is not High Mill No. 1 which is an older snuff. SP No.1 is supposed to be the same as J&H Wilson Top Mill No. 1. Its very confusing with these namings.

I can't see the date it was added to Black Swan's website, but I checked ermtony's review which is dated 10 months ago. Although the snuff may have been out the previous year before he reviewed it.
  • Toque Almond Toast
  • FilekFilek Member
    edited January 2013 PM
    The "S.P. No. 1 High Mill" is a revieved snuff, so we don't count that as "new" - as we did with Fitchennadel or Riley's Brown.
  • XanderXander Member
    edited January 2013 PM
    @Filek
    "S.P. No. 1":
    https://www.thebackyshop.co.uk/products/samuel-gawith-sp-no1-top-mill-no1-substitute

is not the same as

"S.P. No. 1 High Mill":
    https://www.thebackyshop.co.uk/products/samuel-gawith-sp-no1-high-mill-snuff-vacuum-sealed-tin

The latter is long established and has been around much longer than I have been alive.
    The former is described (reading the description they have) as being custom blended to be a replacement for J&H Wilson Top Mill No. 1 which is no longer available in vacuum tins.
    From the description:

"The Samuel Gawith’s S.P.No.1 snuff blend is a new blend created by Samuel Gawiths on the request of The Black Swan Shoppe"

I am certain that this is a new snuff, as I doesn't say anything about being a revived recipe. The only thing I am not certain of is if it was created in 2011 or 2012, but I believe its 2012.

@ermtony might be able to shed a bit of light here, as I don't know who else has tried it.
    @backyshop could say for certain, but Kris doesn't check in but every few months or so.
  • Also I just remembered McChrystals had a special Christmas Special Cinnamon snuff out:
    http://www.mcchrystals.co.uk/christmas-special-cinnamon-snuff.html
  • I've got no horse in the race as they say, I just want to make sure you're as complete as can be. I haven't tried a single one of 2012's children it shames me to say. :((
  • How could I forgot about McChrystal's Cinnamon... Glad you're on guard, Xander.
    I'll take a closer look to SG snuffs tommorow, but it's going to be a hard work. That's the curse of that company - they never say anyone about their releases. But one of their snuffs will surely be chosen in the poll by the Poles - Firedance - as 2012 was somehow a year of Bernard and Samuel Gawith.
  • I bought that tin of SP No 1 very soon after it came out and I reviewed it shortly afterwards, so I'm inclined to think it belongs in 2012.
  • edited January 2013 PM
    Wow this is a tough one, So many of my favorites and so many with the same maker. Abraxas Cafe11 should be #1 favorite but it is so new; should go to the 2013 best of.

2012 best toast Almond toast, best menthol dynamite.best spiced Dragon. driest Wille pete. aromatic Celtic talisman since I just managed to get some firedance but didn't have a chance to dance yet.

Abraxas Fin is a 2012 release I believe i didn't see that listed
    My knowledge is worthless if not shared and applied . "Joseph McKenna"  
  • Man_of_KentMan_of_Kent Member
    edited January 2013 PM
    Dragun & Cafe 11 by Abraxas. Dragun as an all-day snuff and Cafe 11 as an afternoon treat. The very short amount of time it takes me to go through the 15g pot of Dragun must almost be a snuff record! Very easy & delightful to devour.
  • FilekFilek Member
    Better now or never. On the first page of http://top25snuff.com/ is the survey in which all of you can vote for the best new snuff of 2012 :) Enjoy!
  • SnuffySnuffSnuffySnuff Member
    edited July 2013 PM
    Only 2012 ones I've tried are toques sent as samples, favourite being almond toast, strawberry, and camphor and clove (and already bought in bulk). Got a lot of catching up to do once I'm done buying all the bulks I want which won't be until start of next year, so I'll have all of 2012 and all of 2013 snuffs to try. That'll be fun! No doubt that will inspire even more bulk purchases. Never ending vicious circle :D
  • FilekFilek Member
    I've tried 1/9, and non of them are such fascinating snuffs to be a sure winner, like our 2009 and 2010 winners: Toque Berwick Brown and Molens de Kralingse's Bon Bon.

I've voted for Paul Gotard Rose. Simple and good.