Best Service - Great Selection - Always Low Prices
Finest Quality Indian Snuffs

FUBAR Filter Tabaq has arrived. Check it out!Toque Snuffs

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Please consider helping to support the Snuffhouse forum.

New Snuvs: White and Rusty, Try them all!

Wild Duck and Dark Peppermint

Any comparison between these two SG snuffs?

Comments

• JustinJustin Moderator
    edited September 2014 PM
    Based on vague and ancient memories, Wild Duck is a coarser grind and has more going on in terms of scent than just peppermint, but I'm ready to stand corrected by anyone with more recent experience!

Edit: A quick look on the SG website has both of them as coarse and moist, but while the Dark Peppermint is on a single tobacco base, Wild Duck is on a blended base. Of course, you could get both and let us know the results of a side-by-side test!
    "Reality," sa molesworth 2, "is so unspeakably sordid it make me shudder."
  • stogiestogie Member
    edited September 2014 PM
    The Wild Duck is definitely minty but not at all In your face minty. It is reserved and ruggedly balanced with a smokey background that is to me a delight. It is dark, medium grind and fairly moist. Fairly unique in my limited experience. You deserve the opportunity to allow yourself to try this underrated snuff.
  • Ive got the peppermint and its dark, coarse, and moist. For the peppermint is nice but overpowers the tobacco.
  • n9inchnailsn9inchnails Moderator
    edited September 2014 PM
    I've never tried Wild Duck but Peppermint Dark is very candy caneish more so than Toque Peppermint. Toque peppermint is more a straight peppermint flavor but Peppermint Dark is straight up candy cane
  • One is actually sampling an original G. Smith's snuff when one partakes of Wild Duck. SG Wild Duck is what used to be G. Smith's Garden Mint, truly a masterpiece of snuff-blending. As observed above by stogie, this is much more than a simple peppermint snuff - it changes in-nose to an earthy, musky, almost farmyard smell. As such, it can't really be compared to pure peppermint snuffs such as Peppermint Dark. Wild Duck is the snuff that got me back into snuff-taking after a long hiatus.

By the way, Afterglow and Old Sannick are also fine peppermint snuffs in the SG range - but nothing matches Wild Duck, i.m.h.o.
  • RogueRogue Member, Administrator
    Please stop reviving this thread. Reading it makes me want to rob a bank, steal billions, spend it all on sg snuffs and retire in some country where they have a lot of snuffs!

• lol...Oh my kingdom for a snuff bar. Hmmmm...