Best Service - Great Selection - Always Low Prices
Finest Quality Indian Snuffs

Sir Walter Scott snuffs back in stockSnuv: Herbal Range

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Please consider helping to support the Snuffhouse forum.

Sir Walter Scott back in stock

what is the worst snuff you have tried?

Comments

• I like it @newbiesnuffer :) It is certainly a wild scent , which keeps me going back for more :) 

How do you find the Natural ? It's on my next order 
  • I have a love/hate relationship with Dholakia White. That stuff is foul... it smells like feet/fish/body odor all rolled into one. To add to it, it's so fine that I end up dusting my brain with the stuff no matter how lightly I try to take it. @Skell18 sent me some back in 2012, and after 5 years I still can't seem to take this stuff without looking like a fool.

That being said, I keep buying the rancid stuff. I'm glad it exists. It's got a disgusting funk, but I kind of like it.

If you're looking for a more direct example, I'll go with Toque Cheese & Bacon. It's quality, well made, and has a nice grind; not what I want to put up my nose though. I love Toque snuff, but I won't buy another tin of Cheese & Bacon.

• For me , it's Bernard Magic Moments Black . That stuff is the work of the Devil , in my opinion . :D 

• newbiesnuffernewbiesnuffer Member
    edited February 2017 PM
    @Pikey - Hey, thats nice. To each his own, of course :)

The Natural is pretty nice. Its a plain tobbacco snuff, but it does have a woody aromatic edge to it. Also, it is finely milled but surprisingly easy on the nose. Decent nicotine content!

• WoS Jockey Club. I have yet to find a proper adjective for it, it is just beyond anything. Poison!
    Everything you do comes back to you! Respect Life, Share Peace, Live NOW!
  • GH

IMG_20170205_235940

:-&
  • I think the worst one I've tried so far is SG Golden Glow. It smells like tiger balm.
  • @Psicko call me crazy but I actually like the smell of tiger balm!
  • @Oregon, I didn't clarify it. I like the smell of tiger balm, just doesn't work as a snuff. It's too much when in the nose.
  • I like Golden Glow, although I can see how it could easily be the worst snuff for a lot of people.  Very pungent.  
  • FUBAR Jungle Fever. It's completely over the top artificial mango with some sort of underlying perfume. Seems like it would be better suited for being an air freshener in a bathroom.
  • PikeyPikey Member
    edited March 2017 PM
    Let that one air @Afterglow . I tried a tin recently , wasn't hugely impressed at first but it's definitely improving . 

I am a massive recent fan of Sixphoto Gold Rush though , so I like that type of flour and mango trip . Sometimes the fruit takes a while to wake up when I crack a fresh tin . 

I found my fresh Jungle Fever like this with the fruit dormant , a bit too heavy on the menthol ,with a touch of sandalwood or summat . I m hoping the perfume element will fade quickly and the mango/menthol  combination will balance out over the next week or 3 .

• SG Jasmine    and      WoS  Rose.

Both reminiscent of those old, powdery air freshener packs they used to stand on the window sill  in Gents toilets back in the seventies and eighties.

They stink like an explosion in a talcum powder factory.

I gave both of them a fair old try, but have now taped them up, and will give them another chance in a couple of years time.      See if they or me improve any with age.

• F & T Princess, the silver came to my house totally corroded, in addition it is too thick and damp to be comfortable in the nose. I'm really not sure if the Princes I have is in poor condition, therefore my review is a little blind. But it's definitely one of the worst experiences I've had with snuff.

Another one that I do not like is Six Photo Natural (extra strong golden natural snuff) is the closest thing to sniffing earth, goes straight to the throat and causes immediate cough, maybe it is my experience but being honest I have never managed to take a pinch and find pleasure.
  • Wilson's of Sharrow Natural. It was ok on first opening but after a few days smelt of damp hay. I ended up tossing it.
  • WE Garrett Sweet ... like snorting powdered sugar.   [-X

• Samuel Gawith Lavender.  My buddy bought some and I swear that I have never smelled anything that smelled that much like a port-o-potty in my whole life.  I couldn't stop laughing.  He doesn't smell it like that - but boy does it smell f*cking exactly like a port-o-potty.
  • WOW FruitCake - up there in the hall of fame of worst possible flavours for me.
    Everything you do comes back to you! Respect Life, Share Peace, Live NOW!
  • I won't get much support on this, and I'll add that I've only been using snuff for about 3 months .. but, Toque Berwick Brown .. like a nose full of laundry detergent !
  • @remi1au My first experience with Berwick Brown was quite negative too. After a bit of airing out, I tried again. It's now the number one snuff that I'd never want to be without, and I have a few hundred grams stashed away.

This might sound stupid, but I like Berwick Brown so much that I try not to use it. I know that if I do, I'll not touch the 7.5kg of other snuffs in my stash. I let myself have some as a treat occasionally, but try to consume the lesser favourites first.
  • @remi1au, yes it does remind me a bit of laundry detergent. But for me in s good way. Try airing it out a bit, or put it away and try later. Our noses are always changing and sometimes we like something that we absolutely despised at some time.
  • WE Garrett Scotch. It was like I was putting the contents of an ash tray up my nose.

Haven't binned it though, might try it again at some later date when I have had more experience with snuff in general.
  • Yeah, I didn't like any of the scotches when I first started. I ended up liking them.
  • Fribourg&Treyer Princes! If I wanted to indulge in sniffing sand that smelled liked my grandmother then I would do just that - sniff sand that smells like my grandmother.
  • edited June 2017 PM
    W.E. Garret Strong Scotch is my least liked, so far. Man that stuff is harsh. My first snuffle of it must've looked like that scene from Pulp Fiction where Mia unknowingly snorts heroin. That being said, it nicely fortifies some ground pipe tobacco I've been using until my sampler order of Wilsons tins from Mr. Snuff arrives.
  • BLAST Gin and Tonic. Artificial lime scented cow manure.
  • McCrystal's Apricot. 
  • I quite dislike the title of this thread. I've had several snuffs that did not do it for me, but I can't say I've ever had a "bad" snuff. What is the snuff whose aroma you most disliked would be more precise.
  • RogueRogue Member, Administrator
    I have found I dont like perfumed snuffs at all.
    Grabed a few tins of F&T, gave them away and traded some after a day or 2. I just cant stand those weird, overpowering smells

• edited December 2017 PM
    @ROGUE I think they were handy in old England (and elsewhere) back in the day when horses were crapping in the streets and people were tossing out their chamber pot contents in the street.

Nowadays overly perfumed snuffs can be a bit much, I agree. I just got some F&T Princes to try and it is quit perfumey. Apparently this is less perfumed than Princes Special. Princes Special must be awful. LOL