Best Service - Great Selection - Always Low Prices
Finest Quality Indian Snuffs

American Dry SnuffsSnuv: Herbal Range

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Please consider helping to support the Snuffhouse forum.

Classic Tin-Same Great Taste

What's In Your Nose? #13

Comments

• SammyD13SammyD13 Unconfirmed
    edited November 2018 PM
    Rosinski Oderlander mixed with SWS Mull of Oa (5:3).
  • volungevolunge Member
    edited November 2018 PM
    6 Photo MG Madras.

@AgentSmith It seems to me this snuff slightly differs in small 8 g plastic tubs and large 100 g metal tins.
    My first two small tubs had sweeter scent and were just a tad stronger, whereas snuff in large tin has sharper burn but lacks that sweet aroma and seems a little bit weaker (though it might be just my evergrowing tolerance thing). That said, I find snuff in both containers equally fresh and pleasant. Next time I will place an order for both 8 g and 100 g for comparison.

Could it be two different batches, I wonder.. 6P guys had some experimental madras runs (at least 3 of them, if my memory serves me right (EDIT: seven runs, just checked it in this thread: https://snuffhouse.com/discussion/11473/what-madras-type-snuffs-you-ve-had-having)) while searching for the best recipe. Some Snuffhouse members did partake in the sampling/evaluation and mentioned those batches being quite different.

Got two years old Bernard tap box once with bone-dry caked lump inside. Now that was a zombie schmalzler. However, two weeks won't kill the snuff. It should keep freshness for at least some months in original tap boxes.. Yours might be older than that (think about half-year, last time MS restocked Bernards in June 2018). Which Bernard snuffs did you get?
  • @SammyD13 That reminds me, I have a sealed jar or two of Abraxis Course stashed away. The Premiium Fine was my favorite dessert snuff. Gone but not forgotten.
  • Like many others here, have been enjoying MG Madras lately. Forcing myself to exercise restraint. It is very addictive.
  • Oh yes! It's been a while since I experienced the pureness of tobacco to such extent!
    Many thanks to @sixphoto for MG Madras!
    @tinhuey my Premium Course came back to life after careful casing with cognac. Never tried it fresh, but this stuff is beautiful regardless
  • @volunge As far as the Bernards are concerned, only the Schmalzlers. I think it is the high altitude flight to get here that squeezes the moisture out of the tapboxes. The Poschl in the sealed bags is just fine.

On the MG Madras, I only get the 8g because if customs snatched the 100g it would be NZD100 to get it back.

The first 8g without the sweet note has a mountain on the pot art, whereas the newest I have has a tobacco leaf.

I would definitely put my vote on the one with the sweet leading note that gives way to the deep tobacco scents.
  • WoS Royal George
  • 6P MG Madras here as well. 8g with the mountain and with a sweet front
    Rosinski Stargarder
  • Toque USA Citrus
  • N.C. Madras

• McChrystal's Winter Warmer

• Six Photo MG Madras.
    Toque Absinthe
  • 41P White Elephant. The cigarettes of snuff - instant and very short satisfaction
  • @ar47 same goes for gul. I'll take a pinch of Janta now.
  • 6 Photo Kailash
  • Toque Chocolate
    Toque Peanut Butter
  • volungevolunge Member
    edited November 2018 PM
    A small pinch of 6P MG Madras early this morning (superb eye-opener) reminds me of WoS Natural, another lovely snuff.

Oh, and I just figured out what does "MG" stands for (i. e., "M. G.") :)
  • @ volunge Thanks for the appreciation , it keeps us going.

BTW , This MG snuff has been named in appreciation of  MONIKA GROVER , my wife for 23 years.
    edited November 2018 PM
    Rosinski Oderlander mixed with SWS Mull of Oa. I was afraid it would be a sacrilege to blend these two masterpieces, but they are both completely identifiable in the mix. I wish there were more snuffs with smokiness and sweetness. There is something about those two together...Maybe this predilection comes from growing up in the BBQ epicenter of the world LOL.

• Earlier was McChrystal's Winter Warmer and now hitting the Root Beer #2

• 6 Photo Anarkali

• Taxi Red ... big 'ol pinches!  :)

• SG SGM
    SG Kendal Brown
  • 6photo Indian Curry

@sixphoto You guys make some exceptional snuffs.

• Taxi Red  ... again!  :)