Best Service - Great Selection - Always Low Prices
Finest Quality Indian Snuffs

Sir Walter Scott snuffs back in stockSnuv: Herbal Range

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Please consider helping to support the Snuffhouse forum.

Sir Walter Scott back in stock

Introduce yourself

Comments

• SammyD13SammyD13 Unconfirmed
    Great to have ya,@BlackDog!
  • KhefKhef Member
    Hi and welcome, BlackDog!
  • ar47ar47 Member
    edited May 2019 PM
    Welcome aboard @Dano , @Shep13 & @BlackDog !

Snuff em up, gents \:D/
  • Hello everyone. I recently quit smoking using snuff. I am a heavy equipment operator and was cheifing 2 packs of smokes a night at work. I tried some Toque Spanish gem from a fellow operator one night and fell in love with it. He gave me a small tin to try and I haven
  • KhefKhef Member
    Hi @Operator66, Welcome. I went from 2 packs a day in January to 2 Smokes a day. Less if I have a pipe. Some snuff I love, and others I don't.
    Great to have you, @Operator66! Using the apostrophe symbol causes messages on this forum to get cut off sometimes.
  • Hello all! I'm new here and only been snuffing for a couple months. I'm from the good ol U.S.A and live somewhere in Alabama. I think this place and look forward to helping and getting helped.

So far I have placed 3 orders on Mr. Snuff, with an emphasis on strong snuffs. I just feel like I wish I had something a little stronger. I've had high dry toast, white elephant, cheeta, toque quit, afghan white, dholaki white, red taxi, and many other "strong" sniffs but they don't quite do it for me (I know, crazy right?)

So my question is, is there anything stronger, or, is there a way to add like, idk, powdered nicotine or something? Thoughts appreciated.
  • tinhueytinhuey Member
    edited May 2019 PM
    @Sir_Snuffington May I recommend:

MG Madras
    Cheeta Chhap Gul
    Neffa Ifrikia
    NTSU Black- similar to Taxi Red but I think it is stronger.
    Toque Rustica
    Not necessarily in that order

Other than that, snus for stronger nicotine delivery if those do not do it for you. I think there is an adjustment period when switching from say cigarettes to snuff.

To my knowledge, no safe way of adding nicotine to snuff.

• Yeah, I was a pack a day smoker, but for the last month I've cut it down to 1-3 ciggs a day (its really hard not to smoke a morning ciggie with my coffee). I smoked American Spirits F.Y.I.

Also, haven't seen rustica on Mr.snuff since I started snuffing, really wanted to get some as I've heard great things.

Lastly, are all the snuffs you mentioned noticeably stronger than the ones I mentioned? Or are they just other strong snuffs like elephant? Thanks =D
  • n9inchnailsn9inchnails Moderator
    Welcome all new members!
    Steve, Ontario, Canada

@Sir_Snuffington if you don't feel the nicotine satisfaction from snuff you should increase the amount and the rate at which you snuff. A heavy snuff user takes a pinch(and when I say pinch I mean as much snuff as you can grab with your thumb and forefinger) every 15mins or so, when we really need nic its more like every 5min. Snuff is cheap you can afford to fill your nose right up with it and still barely put a dent in your tin.
  • tinhueytinhuey Member
    edited May 2019 PM
    Sir_Snuffington I would say they are noticeably stronger. I have some white elephant too and for some reason feel not so much nicotine from it. Rustica is only available from Toque.

I agree with @n9inchnails that large pinches will do the trick to get some extra nic.

Congrats on cutting way back on the cigs. That is a very good thing!
  • houtenzielhoutenziel Member
    edited May 2019 PM
    Hello from Oregon, USA. I only recently started with snuff, but instantly fell in love with it. I had been feeling pretty "meh" about my 10 year long pipe habit and decided to spice things up. Turns out I enjoy snuff infinitely more, and I've found my pipe smoking to be dwindling down to basically nothing, although I still keep a couple cobs on hand for emergency purposes..
    I have tended to like medicated/mentholated and SPs the best, but I do also like a few others like McChrystal's Aztec, Wee Dram, SD Cola. I currently have a bunch of Poschl stuff on order, along with a couple florals to see if that's a rabbit hole I want to go down. Anyway, happy to be here and hopefully contribute!
    Good to have you, @houtenzeil!
  • Back for awhile now. As I don't care for city life but circumstance required me to be back here for personal family reasons.
    Lots of catching up to do! Glad you all have kept the place up.
    @nicmizer welcome back, you have been missed!
  • CobguyCobguy Member

Welcome to all the new members!  :-c

• ar47ar47 Member
    Welcome back @nicmizer you have been missed!

And Welcome @houtenziel
  • Hello from Connecticut in the US. I gave up pipe smoking a few years ago and decided to try some snuff. My first purchase was some Gawith Hoggarth CM and some Samuel Gawith Pinewood Ice. I must say I like them and look forward to trying some more types. Dug
    Welcome @Swamper welcome! So many new members-this is great!
  • Back here ! Hey guys
  • Hey Y'all,
    This is my first post and I'm glad I've found a tobacco product that won't destroy my lungs!  I'm in the U.S. in Florida.  Being a working multi-instrumentalist, father and in my early 30's I decided to give up smoking AND vaping for good after using those methods on and off for over half my life!
    I just received my first order from Mr. Snuff.  It was like I was a kid again opening up an N64 console and the game Goldeneye 007 on X-mas!

The only snuff I had been able to use was Silver Dollar which I found at one tobacco shop on the beach out of dozens I went to in multiple cities in FL.  I was using big pinches and wondering why people were talking about "the burn" as it was so light and there was no burning.  The first treat I tried from Mr. Snuff was Ozona President and Goddamn!!! I immediately squatted and held my head in my hands as I contemplated my desires to stuff things up my nose.  My eyes were dripping tears, my nose was running and I sneezed.  Every snuff I tried so far in my batch burned like hell!  That silver dollar crap I got must have been left on the hood of someone's car for a couple years and then put on the shelf to be sold for over $6 for a 5g can!

Anyways, I hope I get used to the burn because I love the aromas, tastes and kick of snuff.  Here's what was in my first order: 
    1 x Six Photo Cheeta Special
    3 x Odens Original Portion
    2 x Odens Cold Portion
    2 x Ozona President 7g
    1 x Dholakia Swiss Chocolate 10g
    1 x Fribourg & Treyer High Dry T 20g
    1 x Glass Bullet Clear 5ml
    1 x Sir Walter Scott's St-James Parish Blend Snuff 15g
    1 x Samuel Gawith Elmo's Reserve 25g

I don't know how to even open the S.G. Elmo's Reserve tin lol.  My favorite so far is the High Dry T.  If any of you have any tips/suggestions for a beginner like me based on my order I'd love to hear them! 
  • @musicispure welcome! The Elmo's is vacuum sealed for freshness. It is sometimes hard to initially break the seal. I use the back edge of the blade of a closed pocket knife to lever the tin open just a bit to break the seal then it is much easier everytime thereafter. Hope that helps.
  • @musicispure Welcome aboard!

Snusing might be somewhat painful and uncomfortable for the first week, the burn is really sharp on the "fresh" mucosa. It will adapt to higher pH, though, and burn will dramatically subside in a week or two. If the burn is unbearable, just take a break for a day and don't keep the portions for long initially (15 minutes is enough; extend the length of session gradually, if you enjoy the stuff).

Snuff burn will accompany every pinch, but you might get used to it and find it "pleasant".

Nice selection, by the way. Cheeta and St. James are strong, strong snuffs. Try all intake methods to find out which works best for you!
  • ManxSnuffManxSnuff Member, Administrator
    Hey all, in case you may not have already heard. Here at Mr.Snuff we've upgraded the packaging for postage so you should be seeing less of those awful bags and more of properly packaged cardboard parcels to keep your snuff safe while it travels. 

It makes me sad when I hear an order has arrived to someone damaged so I've discussed with my superiors and we'll be doing all we can here to give you guys the best experience when you order from us

Dom
  • Why have the major snuff vendors moved to the Isle of Man? I notice the different postmarks. Just wondering.
  • @mrmanos to avoid E.U. tobacco restrictions I think.
  • Nova Scotia Canada here

Retired veteran

Smoked since I was 12

Switched to snuff and American style chew

I almost exclusively use snuff now

A miracle
  • ar47ar47 Member
    Welcome to the board @Swamper , @musicispure , @Sir_snuffington & @Dragoon44 ! And welcome back @Plantpartaker
  • BoxenBoxen Member
    Hello all, my name is Ryan. I've been snuffing on and off for a year or two, but am starting to really get into it this time around (to check the cigarette habit). I tried smoking a pipe fir awhile and always was disappointed that the good smells mostly went away when you lit up, but now I am really starting to appreciate that I can just put that nice smell straight into my nose. :-)
  • ar47ar47 Member
    @Boxen welcome!