Free Shipping on orders over $30.00. Limited time only!|
Finest Quality Indian Snuffs

Snuv has arrived. Check it out!Toque Snuffs

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Please consider helping to support the Snuffhouse forum.

Use code V8LAUNCH for Free Shipping!

What are you listening too?

Comments

• Test Match Special, the first test in NZ (cricket)
  • volungevolunge Member
    edited December 2019 PM
    KINO - Spokoynaya Noch' (Calm Night)

• Forgot about this thread!
    Ghostface Killah/BBNG - Sour Soul
  • Lots of Black Metal recently. Today is a Mgla day.
  • Autechre - NTS Sessions 1-4 has been my soundtrack for many months. Listening to Session 1 right now. 
  • Darkthrone - Transilvanian Hunger
  • Jewel... man, I have had a crush on her since I was a child lol
  • @insufflemus Incunabula is my favorite of theirs but I suppose it is a more common album...
  • Oh, I like quite a few Autechre cuts, too, including entire Incunabula! I discovered them, watching D. Aronofsky's "Pi" (great movie, by the way).
  • @volunge I am more into Aphex Twin, but while they are considered the same genre more or less, a good chance someone might not like one based on the other...
  • Cool to see some Autechre fans here! Incunabula is certainly my favourite of their early work, way ahead of its time. But their recent output just scratches an itch for me... my ADHD brain craves the complexity, haha. Aphex is great too, but a lot "sillier" (?) which some people might not dig as much. His Selected Ambient Works albums are among my top plays though, fantastic stuff.
  • volungevolunge Member
    edited January 2020 PM
    @Insufflemus, there are some gems in Autechre's later works as well. I dig "perlence subrange 6-36" from Quaristice Quadrange EP (2008) - long (58 min.) mesmerizing loops, so akin to the Selected Ambient Works vol. II (one of my favourites as well) in its effect. I've played this Ae's track in "repeat-forever" mode on low volume throughout countless nights.

There's that feeling of sacral anxiety and bliss which this kind of music induces to me. Or should I rather say - mystical experience. But sometimes I just dive into the straightforward beat and go out of my head with tracks like 180db from Syro or jump into meat-mincer of old school rave/jungle/hardcore at max volume.

Now floating with Atom Heart - Live At Sel i/s/c (1994).
  • Blaze Foley- Clay Pigeons. I never considered myself a country fan, but holy shit this is a perfect song.
  • @insufflemus while Aphex Twin certainly has some silly moments in my opinion he strikes on genius on a few occasions and I am not sure I would extend that notion to Autechre despite liking their music.
  • @snuffandsympathy On second thought, "silly" was the wrong term -- "playful" sums it up better. I think of Aphex Twin kinda like a mad scientist, as compared to the more sober approach in Autechre. 

@volunge Very well said! There's a unique sort of feeling that comes with surrendering to a barrage of sound in this way, whether it be drone/ambient or chopped up craziness. Quadrange is right up there in my own favourites, though The Plc Ccc steals the show for me on that record. By the way, the boys dropped another hour-long ambient dirge at the end of NTS Sessions called All End, maybe you'd dig it!

Currently listening to Rival Consoles - Recovery
  • Motorhead - Snake Bite Love
  • Om-Advaitic songs
  • ArtChooArtChoo Member
    edited February 2020 PM
    Listening to newspaper rustling in the next cubicle.
    He is either reading the paper or eating his bag of chips.
    :-O

• volungevolunge Member
    edited April 2020 PM
    A few late albums of Bob Marley and the Wailers. Current chant- Natural Mystic:

• 3 screaming children...
  • JohanoJohano Member
  • I was just listening to a Sherlock Holmes radio program The Elusive Emerald and in the beginning Holmes lady client asks if either Holmes or Watson cares for a pinch of snuff.

You can hear her tapping the box and she says everyone should appreciate snuff.

I am not sure if it is just me but there response is somewhat aghast.

It is pretty rare to even see snuff reference in 40’s to 50’s radio programming.
  • volungevolunge Member
    edited December 2020 PM
  • BS Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
  • Horna - Suudentaival
  • NZ vs Pakistan cricket.
  • Darkthrone  Under A Funeral Moon
  • Night Tracks on BBC Radio 3. If you are in the UK it's a great show.
  • Children of Bodom. Rip Alexi