Best Service - Great Selection - Always Low Prices
Finest Quality Indian Snuffs

American Dry SnuffsSnuv: Herbal Range

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Please consider helping to support the Snuffhouse forum.

Classic Tin-Same Great Taste

What's In Your Nose? #13

Comments

• Yep floral - A few pinches of some vintage Gawith Hoggarth Jockey Club  
  • SWS ABR chased with SG Kendal Brown Special and then White Elephant.
    @MisterPaul I find that this layering is quite magical, but if I mix them all together in a Frankensnuff before pinching … good, but not so magical.
  • Gawith Hoggarth Fleurette - Leader of the pack so far this one; very pinchable. Notwithstanding that though I do have my old favourite wallflower to go still (will it me as nice as my rose tinted glasses recall?) 
  • MisterPaulMisterPaul Member
    edited September 17 PM
    @omgroma - Ah, I see, layering rather than blending - Interesting; thanks for sharing :)

Carrying on with the floral odyssey du jour with what I'm led to believe is a carbon copy of the late great G. Smith's Golden Cardinal Snuff - A few pinches of Gawith Hoggarth Ambasidor 
  • M&W Mature Crumbled and 6 Photo Green Dragon have been keeping me quietly content this morning.
  • The final one of the florals then for todays binge - GH Wallflower, still great, there's a pleasant 'earthy' tone in the mid with this one that I really like - Suspect that I will join @Huysmans with some M&W Mature Crumbled as I have a brand new tin of that, which was delivered the other day :D
  • Yep! Some pinches of M&W Mature Crumbled. I guess that you could say that this is 'just' an SP. But, it's such a darn fine one ;) A delightful bit of nose candy to be sure :D
  • SP Extra
  • That’s me ordering some Matured Crumbled then. I’m so fickle.
    Today, it’s back to my Frankensnuff.
    Jockey Club & Toque Menthol 50/50 with a dash of McC’s Violet (again, I’m fickle) but then two snuff spoons of Toque Rustica and Two FUBAR SNAFU plain.
    I call it “Bouquet Of Barbed Wire”
    Others may call it an abomination.
  • @Puffnsnuff lol! I had not heard the term Frankensnuff until @MisterPaul said it! Currently I have 1:1 White Elephant, SG Kendal Brown Original and Bernard Zweifacher. Many times when I cite a mix including some of the more artisan snuffs, I think it will be considered an abomination. But then, once one gets to know a snuff well, one can discern it in a mix and observe its alchemy.
  • @Puffnsnuff -  “Bouquet Of Barbed Wire” that made me laugh out loud! :)) =))
  • Well it's been a challenging week, I've mixed myself a vesper martini and am going to chill out and watch a film.this evening with a few pinches of SWS Field of Junipers :)
  • HuysmansHuysmans Member
    edited September 17 PM
    @MisterPaul I don't know how you and others find Mature Crumbled but, especially now I have this tin open a good few weeks now, it has a sweet brown sugar aroma to it. Like a sugar topped fruit cake.

Back to my old favourite this evening Grand Cairo.
  • Alternating between Viking Blonde and Thor's Hammer all day. Now loading my boxcar with some Dragon Madras for a nightcap.
  • Equal parts Toque Spruce and Toque Camphor and Clove
  • It's going to be yet another Blonde & Hammer day.

This Blonde is growing on me.
  • A few drinks were quaffed in the end and it turned out to be a late night, catching up on some movies I had been planning to check out for a time.

Some recuperating with a couple of Americano's and some pinches of Old Paris
  • @Huysmans - I do really rate Mature Crumbled, even though the flour is on the finer side of medium. I don't think that it's actually supposed to be cased with anything, but I do get an undertone of citrus (Bergamot, lemon or neroli maybe?) The nose feel [to me] is very smooth and luxurious. Reflecting on it, I can see where your coming from with the simile of fruit cake, though I hadn't thought of it in those terms before - A nice insight on your part :)
  • A slow Saturday morning after a late night. A few pinches of HDT to liven up my pulse and then Old Paris for the remainder.

@MisterPaul Like the sublime Grand Cairo, Mature Crumbled is one of those utterly unique snuffs that I can never grow tired of.
  • Otto Glacier
  • @MisterPaul, Mature Crumbled ( = relabeled WoS Gold Label) is scented with quite a few essential oils. You are probably right about citrus, but there's also a very distinct presence of bay leaf.
  • Bordeaux
  • Afternoon Gents :) @Huysmans and @Volunge - Hmmm... have just dug out the WoS Grand Cairo to check this. All three have a similarly to me. I have to admit that I recalled Mullins & Westley saying there was no casing when I was last at the shop several years ago. The late great Basement_Shamen really rated WoS GC and WoS Gold Label. I guess all SP type blends will have some commonality? I think that Mature Crumbled just pips it [to my palate] but I guess YMMV.
  • @Perique - will join you with a couple of pinches of Bordeaux :) @Huysmans was asking what it's like: I think it's kind of similar to Princes, but with some bonus citrus tones, more complex floral base and a very faint musky maybe slightly smokey accent - How would you describe it?
  • Jocks Choice, expensive but I think every snuffer should give it a go, a very well put together snuff.
  • Toque Spanish Gem
  • OmgromaOmgroma Member
    edited September 19 PM
    Equal parts Bernard Zweifacher, Toque Spruce and White Elephant. I think the Toque Spruce could be my desert island snuff (now that SG Kendal Brown Special and their London Brown are no more).
  • Toque Rustica, prepared according to the expert advice on this forum. Cannot believe how strong it is!
  • SG Celtic Talisman. The longest lasting in the nose snuff I have had the pleasure to take.

@Omgroma I made a similar preparation and it almost took my nose off!
  • Jock's Choice